What did you do to Metrica Province

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

I would be 100% okay with them filling the old progeny area with something introduced from the Living World. Caledon is full of risen, (even though Zhaitan has been defeated). Why can’t Metrica have a few mordrem?

Perhaps a heart where you have to clear the roadside of tentacles and gather bits and barbs for someone’s experiments. Maybe toss in a simple boss event for when said experiment inevitably goes haywire.

I should be writing.

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

It’s incredible that they’ve come to the point of taking out content that has existed since release and that no one asked to be removed. I thought it was great that RC golems were something you encountered right away, I remember seeing other people’s toons standing at the controls when headstart opened up. When I found an open panel, I plinked away at the buttons without really having a goal or strategy. I’m sure that I lost and didn’t even know that it contributed to the heart. It was an odd little game, but it told you so much about GW2, because it was this tiny part of the world, with such a limited function, yet it was there.

Someone at Anet had this idea to design and program a minigame that fit in with the asura culture, just so that the environment was that much more immersive. For someone who didn’t know much about the lore, this was one of the moments that got your attention, and made you feel that these asura really had a culture and an identity in this particular fantasy universe.

But some pencil pusher decided we didn’t need to have this moment, that it was too hazardous to have such a peculiar feature in the game and out it went. I wonder if they even spoke with the dev who made it, if they could consider the perspective of a game designer when the project tasked them to trim out anything that involved more than one button, because some suit concluded from the numbers that this is what they should do.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Asuran species got stupid?

Nonono. You got it all wrong. They dumbed down their starting zone to CONVINCE the other races that they got stupid. In the meantime, they have perfected golems. Series 7 attack golem on Asura characters does insane amounts of damage now. So, we don’t have any reason to believe that the Asura have gotten any dumber.

I think it’s a ploy to take over Tyria. ASURA THE RAT RACE!!!!!!

There, I fixed that for you. -LOL

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

It absolutely blows my mind how much content they are willing to remove and the pace at which they do it, compared to the pace of content addition and the size of that added content.

Why the kitten are you spending your time taking away things? Make a Baby’s First Dungeon instance and put that in for the drooling idiots you think you need to cater to, don’t take away things that baffle those same idiots.

“Hmm, rates of high school graduation are dropping! Let’s extend pre-school by 5 years, that should fix things.”

Here is what worries me: Imagine that the drooling idiots who need these changes do stick with the game and make it to 80. What sort of game do you think they will demand? Arenanet has made clear that they will cater to these players.

Theif stealth removed, mesmer clones removed, ranger pet is now cosmetic (hidden when map is at capacity!), warrior adrenaline removed, elementalist removed completely, necromancer death shroud removed, engineer restricted to rifle, kits removed.

Elites removed, weapon swapping removed, inventory removed, currencies removed, BLTP removed, crafting removed, Mystic Forge removed, wiki deleted (no use now).

I look forward to playing 1-Button Wars 2.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

We have this focus group that said this is a good idea. Making this change will be AWESOME and we’ll rake in the cash! Its a sure fire winner!

We’ll call it NEW COKE!

Yeah, you may think you have a good plan……

SBI

Posted by: Calys Teneb.7015

Calys Teneb.7015

I wouldn’t mind seeing Golem Chess come back at one point. The cities need more mini-games.

How about making actual chess tables in the city, which any player could walk up to and play? I mean, Chess-Chess; the real Chess.

I’m not going to sit in a virtual park at a virtual chess table to play. I’ll just go to the chess tables at the park. Or to one of the giant chess boards with the waist-high (well for other people, more like knee height for me) pieces.

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

We have this focus group that said this is a good idea. Making this change will be AWESOME and we’ll rake in the cash! Its a sure fire winner!

We’ll call it NEW COKE!

This new version of Guild Wars 2 is the definition of New Coke.

They didn’t even give us Polymock or Super Adventure Box. Talk about a slap in the face.

Posted by: Leohan.1096

Leohan.1096

I am standing at the RC Golem mini game, contemplating life.[Battleground Plaza]
What I want from this game is cool mini games, something other than killing all the time, Anet just keeps removing them all from the game.
Divinity’s Reach as many NPC’s who tell you to come back later to check out the cool mini game. I have little hope now for Guild Wars 2 to be anything other than a genocide simulator.

Guild Wars 1 was nothing but, killing red dots and it got boring. Guild Wars 2 was supposed to be different mind set, a game for killing and having side attraction fun. Who ever is making the final choices now, just wants to make another First Person Shooter (FPS,) press one button to attack. The little things no longer matter, it all about the big things.

The little things add up to something awesome, GW2 wants to blend into the grey to be just another big boy.

Guild: Assured Mutual Destruction [ICBM]
World: Isle of Janthir (NA)

Sokia.3710

What I want from this game is cool mini games

You mean like Super Adventure Box and Polymock?

I’m sure we’ll get the former by December 2016. As far as the latter, we will be getting that….. eventually.

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

It absolutely blows my mind how much content they are willing to remove and the pace at which they do it, compared to the pace of content addition and the size of that added content.

Why the kitten are you spending your time taking away things? Make a Baby’s First Dungeon instance and put that in for the drooling idiots you think you need to cater to, don’t take away things that baffle those same idiots.

“Hmm, rates of high school graduation are dropping! Let’s extend pre-school by 5 years, that should fix things.”

Here is what worries me: Imagine that the drooling idiots who need these changes do stick with the game and make it to 80. What sort of game do you think they will demand? Arenanet has made clear that they will cater to these players.

You dont pug too much, right?

Disclaimer: not all pugs are bad, but i have seen warriors “suicide” from top health to downed mode with a 8 stack confusion.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Starter zones bundles and minigames have been one of the best things about this game’s early stages. Carrying cannonballs, throwing them at skritt, running around with water and putting out fires, it was all really decent content, offering a new player a lot of fun.

And now it’s reduced to repeatedly spamming F and smacking monsters. As if you couldn’t just add those options TO the bundles. You damaged your own product and our enjoyment of the early game.

Why? Why couldn’t the ‘easy way’ be added to the already existing solutions?

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: AlexisToran.5719

AlexisToran.5719

I really don’t understand removing bundle items from the starter zone hearts. Wasn’t that the best place to teach people about bundles? Slow-paced, with plenty of opportunity to ask the NPC what’s going on or, heck, even experiment. And if you really couldn’t figure it out, no problem, there are other ways to complete the heart.

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

This reminds me of one other thing about the progeny heart changes. Didnt the inquest used to talk to you before you fought them? I thought the recruiters would say things like, “we’ll help you gain power unrestricted by petty morals” or something along those lines, and your character would soundly reject them. Now you just interact with them and they’re automatically threatening/picking a fight.
Am I remembering this wrong?
Why would that world building/depth be removed? The Inquest have always been obviously amoral but isn’t that a little early to be saying “here, evil thing, hit”…?

(edited by eyestrain.3056)

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

I’d be fine with the no-hearts original version where everything was run by dynamic events.

Yes. There was a beautiful, unique game in the original vision. Guess it was just too risky for ArenaNet to try and build an audience for that game.

I remember blog posts before launch about the DE system, underwater combat, and even bundle items replacing your skill bar with new skills to play with. So many of the selling points for this game ended up being the things that they felt they had to throw overboard in order to keep it afloat.

Asmodeus.5782

Hah, just stumbled upon my beloved bunny heart in the Foothills. Bunnies do not even try anymore. ;/

William S. Burroughs

Sokia.3710

Hah, just stumbled upon my beloved bunny heart in the Foothills. Bunnies do not even try anymore. ;/

That quest was featured in AngryJoe’s review of the game. Maybe we should tell him that the game is boring, now.

Asmodeus.5782

Wow. We definitely should.

William S. Burroughs

Sokia.3710

Wow. We definitely should.

I think I will. BRB sending him a personal message on YouTube.

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

That quest was featured in AngryJoe’s review of the game. Maybe we should tell him that the game is boring, now.

An AngryJoes GW2 after 2 years review, will be very informative to new buyers, specially the ones arena net is hoping to get with the new changes.

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

Starter Zone + Water = No way of defending themselves in combat due to locked skills on water weapons.

Asmodeus.5782

Starter Zone + Water = No way of defending themselves in combat due to locked skills on water weapons.

Hence the removal of the inquest/shark event chain in Metrica. Yay.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Are they gone? I mean ARE THEY NO MORE? I’ve got to check when i get back home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd10NxVRfR4 <3 <3 <3
Inb4 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

(edited by Etien.4601)

Asmodeus.5782

They are there. Sort of. They attack you maybe once during the whole heart. I finished it all without a single dodge.

Besides, Bjarni and Linnea have been separated. Which is also sad.

William S. Burroughs

(edited by Asmodeus.5782)

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

Attention Krew,

It would appear that something is out of kilter in Metrica Province.

Rendevous at Jetzar Falls. We need to investigate this Phenomenon.

Posted by: voidwater.2064

voidwater.2064

II won’t be surprised if next change will make levelling from 1 to 10 be a game where you are presented with left and right arrow, and have to press the corresponding arrow on your keyboard when one of them flashes green :P

DDR! Yeah!

Posted by: Calys Teneb.7015

Calys Teneb.7015

They are there. Sort of. They attack you maybe once during the whole heart. I finished it all without a single dodge.

Besides, Bjarni and Linnea have been separated. Which is also sad.

I can see why they put him where he is now though.

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

This reminds me of one other thing about the progeny heart changes. Didnt the inquest used to talk to you before you fought them? I thought the recruiters would say things like, “we’ll help you gain power unrestricted by petty morals” or something along those lines, and your character would soundly reject them. Now you just interact with them and they’re automatically threatening/picking a fight.
Am I remembering this wrong?
Why would that world building/depth be removed? The Inquest have always been obviously amoral but isn’t that a little early to be saying “here, evil thing, hit”…?

Your memory modules are in perfect working order

Posted by: Invalid Null.5641

Invalid Null.5641

I noticed that they removed the dying sound effect that the inquest made when I killed them with fire. They used to scream and yell while rolling around on the ground, the motion is there but the sound isn’t. ( I believe it the same for when you zap them with the Guardian staff.)

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I am standing at the RC Golem mini game, contemplating life.[Battleground Plaza]
What I want from this game is cool mini games, something other than killing all the time, Anet just keeps removing them all from the game.
Divinity’s Reach as many NPC’s who tell you to come back later to check out the cool mini game. I have little hope now for Guild Wars 2 to be anything other than a genocide simulator.

Guild Wars 1 was nothing but, killing red dots and it got boring. Guild Wars 2 was supposed to be different mind set, a game for killing and having side attraction fun. Who ever is making the final choices now, just wants to make another First Person Shooter (FPS,) press one button to attack. The little things no longer matter, it all about the big things.

The little things add up to something awesome, GW2 wants to blend into the grey to be just another big boy.

The thing is, that there are at least two npcs that talk/tell you about the chess (one of them being the heart npc, the other one that tells you about it and it being all the rage with the young). If you’re going to actually remove the content, remove it completely.

I noticed that they removed the dying sound effect that the inquest made when I killed them with fire. They used to scream and yell while rolling around on the ground, the motion is there but the sound isn’t. ( I believe it the same for when you zap them with the Guardian staff.)

Aww, they removed that too? I remember hearing it, but haven’t killed some inquest in a while to have noticed the lack of it. Gonna have to try to remember tonight to go kill some inquest in fire attunement and see if they really don’t do it anymore.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Asmodeus.5782

Summary of the 2014 map changes:

1 small zone added

5 large zones crippled.

William S. Burroughs

(edited by Asmodeus.5782)