What did you want out of GW2?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

I played Guild Wars for 5 years. what drew me into gw2 is mainly the fact known as the lore.

I love the lore ingame , now I’ve got a great guild , allies to join me on my journey in Tyria.
and the look and feel of the game are amazing.

now i just want the end-boss of the personal story to be re-made

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

What did I want out of this game?

I was looking for an MMO that is aware of the shortcomings of previous games, and attempts to improve on those by questioning established standards and trying do do something different that results in a better experience overall. The manifesto had a lot of very appealing concepts, some of which have been fully realized, some only half, others not really.
I applaud the devs for realising an MMO where nearly every mechanic encourages players to be cooperative, creating a much better atmosphere for players. The difference in general in-game player attitude between this game and others is absolutely baffling.
I love the ideas behind the combat design, and I weep for them only implementing half of it.
I love the idea behind the Dynamic Event system, and I mourn the decision to more or less abandon its further development to focus on telling a single-player story instead.
The game feels best to me where they actually broke with convention, and worst where they played it safe, but I understand that’s not an easy decision to make when you run a business.
I think they are doing a major mistake with their secrecy concerning the future course of the game. And the less said about the OSX client, the better …

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

What did I want out of this game?

I want a game that i am able to make a lot of characters, different looks, mix and match while i don’t need to play like a job to keep their gear uptodate in order to catch up the latest contents – Check

I want a game that i can define all my characters’ role by myself instead being forced by trinity tank / healer / dps – Check

I want a game that promote coop rather than killing each other in PvE, kill stealing, nob stealing etc – Check

I want a game that keep story progress every once a month or 2 – Checked

Why are you here and not in any other game?

Roles are self defined, not restricted by class (hated the armor class must be tank, cloth class must be healer or dps sort of things), we are free to make a lot of builds, and most of them are viable in PvE contents (not optimize!!!)

No subs!!!

GW2 is not perfect i admit, but she is pretty much the only MMO that suits me on the market so far.