What do want in the FEATURE Only Update?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mnwolfboy.9348

mnwolfboy.9348

Everyone by now is aware of the upcoming FEATURE only update that will be one massive update full of new features for the world of GUILD WARS 2. What features do you hope to see?

I am really hoping but its really just wishful thinking, Guild Halls! I miss them from the old game which I still play Guild Wars 1, but I would love to see that arrive in Guild Wars 2, with many improvements.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

GvG is what I want to see come back the most.

Otherwise:
more WvW improvements
expanded PvE world

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

My philosophy is to just wait and see. I know from past experiences in games that if you go into a game patch expecting something, most of the time you’ll be disappointed. I usually like to get excited for what they offer us, not what I expect. If its stuff I enjoy then thats great. If its not something I enjoy I don’t get upset because I know there will be a good portion of people out there that like it.

So my advice is to not to expect things like Guild Halls, GvG, raids, etc. If they give those things thats great, but don’t expect them.

mnwolfboy.9348

I defiantly don’t expect guild halls but I do know its on the way, just may not be as soon as I would love it to be. I defiantly want to see expanded PvE world, but also would love to see more permanent content that I wouldn’t have to worry about missing out on.

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Features.

WXP shared account wide.
More bank tabs for the storage of items.
A UI that allows me to put consumables on an easily accessible tab.
Items are account bound rather then soul bound.
Player housing that allows storage of various collectibles.
More varied maps in WvW.
Dungeons that can be soloed , scale to the number entering as an instance and are randomized.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

all weapons, armors, back items, trinkets able to change stats once unlocked
(unlock via lots of various time gate, various materials etc)

all weapons, armors, back items able to change display skins once unlocked
(unlock via lots of transmutation crystals, various time gate, various materials etc)

all trinkets able to change inventory icon once unlocked

this will be the horizontal progression that everyone has been asking for.

mnwolfboy.9348

To babazhook, Sounds like your set for single player experience. I can understand that. To me game is far to boring to play solo, but for players who rather play solo it would make since to add features that can be done simply by doing so, making it less boring.

mnwolfboy.9348

(unlock via lots of transmutation crystals, various time gate, various materials etc)

Silly me forgot about the quote button haha. Unlock I assume like your permanently have it and can switch back and fourth from, cause its unlocked for your account?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

more ways to acquire ascended gear.
gem store being less RNG based. Maybe at least for people buying with real money. Like for example if you purchase our keys you’re guaranteed to get this many weapon scraps, this many unidentified dyes or something. That way black lion keys would look less pointless on the gemstore.

Other than that I’m happy with the quality of life as it is and if that would be okay, I would like even more customization options – more haircuts, face types, colours, armour sets

mnwolfboy.9348

I would like character additional character customization as well and would love to see more of that all across the board for all races. In addition Id like something more to the effects caused by the personality choices.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I would like to see the GW1 UI interface added, the bugs that has been in-game since launch fixed and the Ranger class fixed so it actually does damage comparable to damage dealt by other classes along with its pets able to be perma-stowed until called by its owner.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Updated TP UI with better screen to screen flow.

A flush TP cache button somewhere in the options so StinVec doesn’t have to keep posting instructions on how to do it. How about flushing it upon exit?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

I just hope they can get around to fixing some of these bugged Dynamic events and what not now that the LS is taking a break.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Silly me forgot about the quote button haha. Unlock I assume like your permanently have it and can switch back and fourth from, cause its unlocked for your account?

yes, but unlock for character only would be more appropriate, i guess. pretty much similar to the current dyes unlock system.

o i forgot about these as well

weapon sigils stats
armor runes stats
infusions stats

these should be also made change-able once unlocked for that character.

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

I want GvG,Guild Halls and duels.I also want this living world system to change somehow so that people spend more time in this “living Tyria” instead siting afk in town

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

I want features only.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

class balance, guild halls, class balance… and mostly class balance. And multiple character templates, I don´t ask for on the fly build change or free of cost, please, please, just let us save various builds at the trainer.

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Anything PvP related.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Targeting and the camera fixed.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

Other ways to get ascended items, and gw1 pvp and gvg.

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

precursor scavenger hunt
non ascended servers with no VP past what was in game before lost shores
competent developers with integrity

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

The ability to wear town clothing in combat, or at least the hat!

Clipping issues resolved, maybe changed angles at how weapons are sheathed and drawn to stop them from causing clipping issues as well?

An way to store Living Story meta achievement skins, holiday skins, and town clothes to be duplicated for all characters on an account at a small fee (similar to the 10 gold fee in GW1 which was extremely cheap). But character-wide we should be able to duplicate the item we choose at our character’s biography choices, like the elementalist eyes or mesmer masks.

Reworked trading post UI and more additions to the searches, especially to help separate armor by type (light, medium, heavy).

Dungeon patches that plug in the usual safe spots, like the old stairs that people used for the end boss at AC path 3 and the CoF room that people flocked to after killing all of the acolytes in CoF path 1.

A scrying pool/EotN-esque method of replaying the personal story and single-player parts of the living story.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

A time machine to the 31st May for Wildstar.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

A DECENT GROUPING SYSTEM: A flexible grouping system that can be used for private/guild squads. The commander and squad needs changed ASAP, should be the number one priority.

Last online/represented: GW2 guild UI is horrible for managing a guild roster. How do we know who is inactive or never represents? Hard to recruit people if you have no idea who’s actually still in your guild or when they played.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Anet, impress me!
PS. I still have faith in the company that released GW2.

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

1. Less “buy that in gems!” content. Or AT LEAST divinding the armor skins: I don’t feel like paying 800 gems just for one piece of the complete set…

2. Related to less gem-exclusive stuff: more armor and weapon skins. Most of them are absolutely ugly, the game lack variation.

3. Fix the most annoying problems (WvW waypoints not working, NPC bugs, etc.)

4. More useful skills: 60% of each profession’s skills are useless.

5. Useful heals.

6. Variety of ennemies: from the level 50 missions till the end, it’s undead and undead and undead… I know they are Zhaitan’s minions, but still, it’s far too repetitive!

Those are the 6 points that REALLY need fixing in my humble opinion, but most of this thread’s content also focuses on things that need to be fixed asap.

Beside that, I do appreciate your work and I’m still enjoying the game after all this time, and hopefully Mordremoth’s awakening will give a second wind to the game

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

A fix to the 3-month long issue of harvest bonuses.

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

What I want: GvG, Guild Halls, duels, a new approach to WvW, dungeons and hardcore PvE.
What we gonna get: minor subfeatures from some systems (like account bound WXP, new game mode for sPvP), a shake up in the runes/sigils system and minor balance changes.

So, no new big feature at all. Just simple new things in features that we already have.

Pumpkin – Mag

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I believe this patch will only address sPVP, WvW, and from PVE only precursor quest (that one may come even later, in summer) and fractal leaderboards.

Im Mudbone.1437

Why is it that 75% of people are listing what new CONTENT they would like to see and not the FEATURES they would like to see, they are two very different things. EXAMPLES: (FEATURES); enhance the UI interface, skills revamp and fix bugs, (CONTENT); new dungeons, guild halls and GvG.

Posted by: Nyel.1843

Nyel.1843

I want to see:

• An additional trait segment so that you can spent 40 points with a new minor and a new master trait ( 2 new master traits per trait line so that you have a choice ). I know, at least 180 new traits for ANet but yes. Would be great.
  • New weapon combinations. I want a MH pistol for my Mesmer!!!
  • New skills – maybe 1 elite per class
  • Some kind of timewarp so that you can replay the whole living story ( would be awesome )

Posted by: mosselyn.5081

mosselyn.5081

Better guild management tools, like last time online or last time representing.

A real cosmetic system so I can change my stats and my look independently.

An extra action bar for consumables, pets, etc.

A better way to swap weapon sets in and out so I’m not rummaging around in my bag for my offhand weapon after I swap my MH/OH set for a 2H.

The ability to send mail to my guildmates or party members without being bitten by anti-spam chokepoint after 2 or 3 messages.

[OTG] The Old Timers Guild of Yaks Bend
www.oldtimersguild.com

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well if the feature patch comes after the end of May I really don’t care cause i’ll be playing Wildstar at that point.

If it comes soon, then I’d like:

New legendary weapons and trinkets
Precursor scavenger hunt
New PvP modes
Balance
PvE armor locker
TP UI overhaul
New skills (lots and lots of them)
New zone
Sigil and Rune overhaul

That should hold me over until Wildstar releases.

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

Why is it that 75% of people are listing what new CONTENT they would like to see and not the FEATURES they would like to see, they are two very different things. EXAMPLES: (FEATURES); enhance the UI interface, skills revamp and fix bugs, (CONTENT); new dungeons, guild halls and GvG.

Thx for clarifying the difference between the two.

To answer your question: The average gamer doesn’t speak “dev talk” or industry lingo. To a player, content and features are the same thing.

Now back to the OP’s question. Here is what I think the game needs feature-wise:

1) Separate chat line for RPers. People RP on the Tarnished Coast server and the Piken Square server despite the game’s limitations. Financially, these people are necessary to keep because they buy the cosmetic stuff for their characters (like skin in the gemstore). Whenever I’m in Divinity’s Reach, the chat box is flooded with both OOC and IC messages (esp. Say chat and Map chat). It would help to know the difference between the two. Plus, a separate chat line will allow RPers to RP during events without interrupting the semi-hardcore and hardcore players.

2) The camera needs to be fixed. I’d like to get a closeup view and aerial view of my characters, but the game doesn’t let me. Plus, the camera acts jumpy and funny whenever my character gets stuck in a corner or tight spot.

3) Solo versions of Fractals and Dungeons. This is necessary for new players to game to get experience and practice before joining a PUG. The PUGs tend to perfer experienced dungeon runners with the best gear (exotic or ascended only), and they drop players for not having enough achievement points. There are puggers who will kick people off their team because they sold that player’s spot to someone else for gold. The current actions of unscrupulous puggers keeps new players from enjoying endgame content.

Posted by: Nivessa.4258

Nivessa.4258

1) Dungeons made to be fun/interesting instead of stack here, stack there, run past this, etc
2) Pets taking lower AoE damage

Of course skill fixes/improvements, but hopefully we’ll get a good amount of that in the big patch.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

At least Anet have no excuses anylonger, now LS1 is over and the filed is open to actually start improving after all the feedback.

Impress us like you once did via release

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I want a TOTAL rework to character creation to stop seeing a bunch of clones roaming around. I want my character to be unique !

\||||||/
O°v°O

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

It’s mainly because Colin Johanson himself defines that type of content as ‘features’.

“… but we absolutely are going to do sweeping new features that you would traditionally only get in expansions – large regions, content and progression additions to your characters in the form of growth and professions and races. Those are all things that you will see in the lifespan of Guild Wars 2.”

In the same interview where is does that he also announces this feature update saying it’s the type of content you would also expect from other MMO’s. (and in those other MMO’s many people would expect content).

“When [Living World Season One] ends [on 4th March], we’re going to take a break for a little bit and then we’re going to do one really big feature patch that is more akin to what people see from some of our [MMO] competitors,” said Johanson, "where they bundle a lot of features together into a really big patch every now and then.

“We’re going to provide that experience and have this huge feature build that has a whole lot of gameplay-changing elements, a lot of quality of life improvements, a lot of features bundled together into one big patch. And that’ll come some time not too far after Season One completes.”

This is the interview: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-14-you-thought-that-was-it-for-guild-wars-2

So thats why people think of content if it’s about this upcoming feature pack.

However in another thread that ArenaNet closed Colin did try to say what he understands by features (so now the same discussion is going on here again but without Colin’s clarification.. great moderation)

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Expansion-sized-patch/first#post3748098

“A feature release is not an expansion, it’s a release focused on game features. Examples of game features we’ve done in the past would be: guild missions, account achievement system, spectator mode, new pvp maps, daily world boss chests, removing culling and giving visibility options, the WvW WxP system, etc.”

So it really looks more like features then content… then again I think Guild Missions might be considered content and PvP maps are for sure content, not a feature. So in a way you could still put all types of content in the etc. All it makes completely clear is that it is not an expansion (not that anybody was thinking that, people where more thinking of expansion-like content).

But yeah it points to mainly features.

Saying that I think some good guild-moderation tools should come. I mean they should have been in since the beta. I would also say upping the stack number, but they recently added that as a cash-shop option. It’s a ‘design-problem’ where they now monetize the fix. Also adding items to the guild-stash without having to take it out first. another one of those beta bugs.

I would also love to see instanced maps go and see a real open world / seamless world. But I think changes we get that are extremely low. The only reason I don’t completely dismiss it as an option is because looking at the 2009 trailer it seems like back then they where working on a real open world.

Lastly I would love to see the cash-shop go and them putting all the cash-shop items (also old ones not available anymore) in fun ways into the world for some new good fun endgame and for example a barber for haircuts, the music instruments can be put into a musicians craft and so on.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Posted by: Wedgehdjdjkd.4271

Wedgehdjdjkd.4271

I want to be able to play with my girlfriend on guild wars I had to pay 50 dollars for a game I cant even create two accounts with letq us create another account thats alot of money to through away for only being able to create one account

Im Mudbone.1437

I want to be able to play with my girlfriend on guild wars I had to pay 50 dollars for a game I cant even create two accounts with letq us create another account thats alot of money to through away for only being able to create one account

Accounts are made on one boxed or digitally downloaded copy the same as most/all other mmo’s.

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

• Immerse Combat Mode: hide all the user interface while in combat except your skillbar and enemy nameplate.
    If not that, atleast the ability to move the enemy bar to the bottom of the screen. Right now my character fights sideways like a crab (I move the camera so the enemy is always left of me instead of ahead of me), because the enemy bar blocks the view otherwise.
  • Ability to play/guest internationally
    I wouldn’t have bought the game if I’d known they wouldn’t let us play with friends overseas. They didn’t even bother giving a refund for lying to us.
  • Improved enemy AI / more challenging and exciting enemies
    Give enemy smarter AI like GW1 had, so instead of being boring DPS sponges, they’ll require strategy and coordination to fight. Remove Defiant, it’s just a lazy excuse not to work on AI. There is so much potential, fighting in large groups could be so much fun if enemies were smart.
  • Let us hide hobosacks. I made an engineer with eye patch instead of backpack, precisely because I didn’t want a backpack.
  • More pvp modes (relic/flag run, priest, king of the hill, death penalty, kill count, etc)

(edited by lorazcyk.8927)

Posted by: layzoe.6035

layzoe.6035

A player owned home where we can keep our armors… a closet. Yes!

Quests that are compelling. I didn’t really feel connected to any of the personal quests. I only did it for the xp and honestly, I am on story level 75 story on my main with no desire to finish it. I did enjoy the Arah story mode and that was about it.

Maps like W vs W. I hate mapping but I loved mapping W vs W zones because the setting took my breath away. When I wasn’t looking around for an ambush or a zerg heading towards me.

An expansion pack that we can pay..

New dungeons

New Legendaries

Ability to play/guest internationally

(edited by layzoe.6035)

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

Posted by: leviathan.2148

leviathan.2148

New weapons – hammer for my engi.

I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

http://wpwhendead.tumblr.com - a GW2 webcomic about a Charr and a Skritt

Posted by: Xovian.8572

Xovian.8572

Been waiting since they announced it: Weapons, new (never seen before) and current (adds primary/secondary for those that are missing).

My Mesmer, has 2 pistols in inventory, and the second has been sitting there for a very long time waiting for the update that would add it in as a primary.

Will it be this one? We’ll see i guess.

Posted by: Marko.2594

Marko.2594

HARD MODE:
You’ll be able to teleport there by gate(after You complete the main story)
Where You don’t have an open world (Like in GW 1).
In cities You can see other players where You can form a party and go outside.
It will create a nice challenge in my opinion, where You don’t have pure zergs and You need to rely on a party.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

More Gem Store armor.
More Gem Store weapons.

Posted by: StAllerdyce.3941

StAllerdyce.3941

Let me filter by heavy/medium/light armor on the TP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

GW2 is one of the most engrossing and fun MMOs I’ve played, but it has some fatal flaws that that really let it down. The most important to me that I’d like to see fixed is:

(1) The camera. I seriously just don’t get why the camera view was made this way, or more importantly why it has not already been improved. The field of view is absolutely horrendous (worst in any modern MMO I’ve played), especially for any form of PvP, or on terrain composed of different elevations. Just increasing the zoom out would cure this.

(2) Terrain induced skill bugs. Skills that tend to bug out if attempted on any form of elevated terrain.

(3) It’s time to get the Trading Post out of beta and make it less clunky. The game released fairly polished, but the TP’s performance and appearance sticks out like a sore thumb. Trying to post multiple different items takes too much time because of the long pauses after each transaction.

(4) More accessible ways to get ascended equipment. Getting to 500 in crafting is already a long term goal for most, which is fine, but then to add another tier that can outdo that in terms of time and cost doesn’t seem reasonable considering it isn’t even the the top tier of equipment.

(5) Lag in WvW. This is probably due to high population servers, or inadequate servers. The lag is so bad sometimes the whole zerg can’t fire off any skills, and people just log off in frustration.

(6) Grace period if DC’d/crash out of game for WvW. There is nothing more annoying if the game crashes to desktop (usually in a heavy zergs) only to log back in to find that you are in queue position 68 for the map you were just on. There should be a grace period of probably 3mins to get back into the game-map you were in.

(7) Loadout profiles. The ability to change to a saved build presets including armour, weapons and traits (out of combat – for now). This will inevitably be added at some point, because it just makes sense. Imagine playing WvW and changing from a roaming build to a zerg build on-the-fly (OoC), or to a faster travel build. Players should have three free profiles per character, and Anet can cash in on extra profiles (because you know that’s what will happen anyway).

(8) Increase the base travel speed of everyone by an extra 25%. I run with speed runes (25% speed) and this feels like the right speed for crossing maps. Less than that is painful. This would mean that people would have broader builds to choose from, rather than going Traveler’s, Speed or Centaur just for the speed boost. It is likely that this means all speed buffs would have to be reduced to about +15%, but maybe not.

(9) Certain traits/skills should be combined, and new skills introduced to fill the spots to increase playstyle. E.g. the two Mesmer’s Blink traits, one that increases range and one that reduces recharge time should be combined (I’ve traited both at the same time and it isn’t OP), to enhance the game-play.

(10) Make ascended item chests have selectable stats . After levelling 200 levels in WvW, I got one ascended chest drop with cleric stats. It will just sit there doing nothing, as I have no use for cleric stats. The drop rate is so low that this shouldn’t be a problem to implement.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Content = something like living story, SAB, wintersday, halloween etc I think.
Features = something that result in permanent changes to gw2’s core I think.

I do hope they optimize the engine more, especially for “crowd” situation.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com