What do when someone Scam ur gold?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Engar.6074

Engar.6074

Today 1 guys steal my gold . What i have to do? I report him, but… he get banned or i recive back my gold?

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

You can report, yes, and action may be taken against him. But you will not be refunded your gold.

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Learn from your mistake and don’t take risky chances. And let’s not beat around the bush, if someone “stole” your gold, you made a mistake in who to trust.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I sincerly hope my gold does not take it too hard, yet I urge it to file a report.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

No one can steal your gold. You voluntarily gave it away.

Take it as a lesson. It is important for real life too to learn not to trust anyone.

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Maybe if Engar could explain what happened we could better advise how to avoid the situation in the future.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Aye, you can report, and if it can be proven that he did scam you he will be punished. You will not get your gold back however, no matter the outcome.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

My guess is someone was selling a precursor for a ridiculously low price. Had to send the money in the mail to them first. And then precursor never showed up. Oldest trick in the book.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Live with it…

Also, post on the forums so we can all laugh at you.

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

If you want to buy or sell sth use TP. You have 0 sympathy from me. You can report him IF you have any evidence like chat screenshots but as far as I’m aware you won’t get any gold back.

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

^pretty much everyone here is right

you should never buy something straight from another player..
Gw2 has a Trading post for a reason instead of a direct trade system

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

“Special” is not the one taking but the one giving.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Take it as a lesson. It is important for real life too to learn not to trust anyone.

Yeah there’s no trading in this game outside the TP so you gave it away. Stop trying to dodge taxes, the Queen needs those to rebuild LA, or make herself robot slaves, or buy shoes (never happen).

Also, feel free to troll legendary sellers in LFG as they shouldn’t be doing that.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Today 1 guys steal my gold . What i have to do? I report him, but… he get banned or i recive back my gold?

The best you can do is report him. But, after seeing so many reports on the forums like yours, I’ve never seen an OP ever say they got their money back or if anything even happened.

I would love to hear otherwise if in fact something did.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Yeah there’s no trading in this game outside the TP so you gave it away. Stop trying to dodge taxes, the Queen needs those to rebuild LA, or make herself robot slaves, or buy shoes (never happen).

Also, feel free to troll legendary sellers in LFG as they shouldn’t be doing that.

I know no queen. (LA has a captains council)
I would never pay taxes to feed Logan…

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Posted by: Lunarhound.7324

Lunarhound.7324

I know no queen. (LA has a captains council)
I would never pay taxes to feed Logan…

And we all know that’s where the taxes go. To support Thackeray’s beer and wings habit.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The best you can do is report him. But, after seeing so many reports on the forums like yours, I’ve never seen an OP ever say they got their money back or if anything even happened.

I would NOT love to hear that because if ANet would do that they would be
spammed with 1000s of tickets from all those players that don’t want to pay
the TP fee .. and even more players would maybe try that because : hey if i
get scammed .. who cares because ANet will give me everything back.

Goldsellers will maybe even make profit with that if they scam themself as
much as they can .. lol

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Several ArenaNet reps are on record saying that you will NEVER get your gold/item back.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Ardenwolfe.8590

Ahem. My point is I would like to hear if any of those ‘robbed’ of their gold ever got their money back. Let’s not fall into theories and conspiracies about gold sellers and their scams please.

Gone to Reddit.

lordkrall.7241

But you will never hear that, seeing as ArenaNet have been rather clear that they will never replaced items lost due to being scammed.

The reason for this is due to the fact that it could quite easily unbalance the whole economy quite fast.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Ardenwolfe.8590

Probably the reason none of the scammed posters ever said anything else. But, like I said, I’d love to hear if it happened otherwise.

Gone to Reddit.

segman.3560

if those gold is ever going to be returned I’m going to send tickets about my every transaction and demand returning gold

Ardenwolfe.8590

If you want to buy or sell sth use TP. You have 0 sympathy from me. You can report him IF you have any evidence like chat screenshots but as far as I’m aware you won’t get any gold back.

if those gold is ever going to be returned I’m going to send tickets about my every transaction and demand returning gold

Irony. But, regardless, anyone have a link to the statement that ANet would never restore gold?

Gone to Reddit.

lordkrall.7241

I have answered this many times. Please review the forums to find a previous answer. It has not changed over time.

If you have actual examples of an occasion that backs up the “adamently state they won’t do anything” I’d like to see that ticket number. Not rumour. Not player posts. But an actual ticket where our agent said such a thing, because that simply is not true. We will not get in the middle of gentleman’s agreements and pluck items off an account and return them, because it’s usually too difficult to establish all the details. However, we will will take action when we can establish that someone is a scammer.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Scamming-Open-question-for-Arena-Net-Staff/first#post1282530

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Ardenwolfe.8590

Thanks, Krall. +1

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Screenshot might help a bit but it shouldn’t be necessary. AFAIK the game already keeps a log of the messages. Accurate times for when the negotiations/transaction actually occurred would probably be better since that would make finding the relevant chat easier.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

There is no trade with other players here only TP,if you trying to buy somthink with the mail system you will never see that gold again if they scam you.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I guess noone told you, that the TP is easy and convenient, though taxed it doen’t have a way to bypass you…

I just hope you didn’t think you could get a precursor easy, and lost 300-900 gold… or sell a precursor easy.. and lost the equivalent of said gold, And if so I hope you learn from it.

Maybe the other guy will get banned (for a while or permanent) and I don’t hope it has to do with RL money, as it will get you permabanned. In all cases it wou;dn;t have been a problem if you would have sold it on the tp.
And as for fees to post it: if you played for awhile there is aften enough of value in your storage to make almost ANY sale possible….

When I sell my bank and sell my dunegon tokens (monthly) I often gain 50-100 gold in one swoop…That would allow me to sell something for 500-1000 gold. and in the end I would get less then the full amount But I would still get a LOT of money, safely.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

There is a Dev post in the Tech Support (I think it’s stickied, could be wrong), that specifically states they will investigate reports and ban any player deemed to be intentionally scamming, but the items / gold will NOT be returned to the “victim” .

Moral of the story: Do not trade outside the TP (or do so at completely your own risk).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Belenus.9132

Belenus.9132

The best way citizen is to not hand over any gold to anyone under any circumstances. I’ve heard it all in my time. The classic being the old ‘’you want this, gimme gold and I’ll send to it’’ No, THEY DON’T. I’ve never been taken in as frankly I’m just not that stupid, but it’s understandable Just because you play by the rules and are honest, does not mean everyone else is too. Honor it seems is in short supply in some people. Another of my least favorite pastimes is people asking you for gold. Sometimes referred to as ‘gold begging’ all you need do is refuse. They typically abuse you for doing so, but hey, it’s just them being a loser so don’t pay it no mind anyhow. Basically if somebody offers you a service or wants gold in any way, either personally or via unsolicited mail, DO NOT fall prey to them. In fact, you may want to do as I do and tell them to get out there into the wild yonder and WORK for it!

Posted by: Engar.6074

Engar.6074

Ye, the problem was just one.. I trust Him, cuz he link me weapon (Ofc he use the code from GW 2 Wiki) and i send him 50% gold with mail. Just this

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Engar: Yes the Trading Post is in place to prevent this exact thing from happening.

Too many people try to go around the system because they don’t want to pay the Tax. I look at it more as Insurance and not a Tax. It lets me sleep better at night

segman.3560

Ye, the problem was just one.. I trust Him, cuz he link me weapon (Ofc he use the code from GW 2 Wiki) and i send him 50% gold with mail. Just this

Analogy is:

A shady guy stops you on the streat and whispers he can sell you super dooper Lamborghini for half shop price. Are you going to trust him?

Posted by: Keysha.2815

Keysha.2815

I have to say that selling items outside the TP are not the only ways gold scammers work. I was trying to get Arah p4 the other day, after trying for a few days to get a run. I finally decided to buy it. Someone offered on the LFG that they were at the last boss and selling. I joined, along with 3 others, and went in. He wanted his gold. He WAS at the boss (I do know where he should be). I gave mine, the last of the 4 of us. He then left group. We all reported him, then everyone left the dungeon. And I got mad and went to work.

I started with /say at the entrance, telling them his name and that he was scamming. I added him as a friend. I watched LFG and saw him come on again with the same spiel. I joined and said he was a scammer and a thief. He left group again. I waited. I announced in map chat he was a scammer and a thief. He posted in LFG again. I joined, he left. I waited. He tried again, again I joined and he left. I told my guild. I tried whispering him, and mailing him, and was told he was offline. I got a whisper from someone ELSE that his computer had crashed. I said he left group. d/cing does not boot you from the group. My guildies started whispering him. He finally sent the gold back to one of my guildies, who passed it on to me. This jerk is still my special friend, and I watch for him on my friends list all the time… on an account he does not know about, so can’t block me on.