What do you do after ?

What do you do after ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

After you’ve completed your personal story and completed the map, what do you do with your level 80 as far as solo play ? Is that pretty much it for soloing after you’ve completed those two things ?

Do you pretty much just run Dungeons ? Share some of the things you do with your character when you’ve completed the map and personal story.

What do you do after ?

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

Jump puzzle’s, farm gold my most favourite ting, wvsw, daily dragon events every day at least 1 exotic, fractal’s.

What do you do after ?

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Farm materials for mystic forge/crafting skins

World bosses and events that give chest, along with some temples.

Daily, and monthly .

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

What do you do after ?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Go outside. The weather is lovely this time of year. Then again my highest level character is 32. Maybe there is some correlation there.

The Burninator

What do you do after ?

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Make a legenda……. yeah best go outside like others said.

What do you do after ?

Posted by: kitanas.3596

kitanas.3596

I’ve set myself the goal of having a full collections tab w/o using the BLTP. so mostly I hang out in lowbie areas doin my daily

What do you do after ?

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Farm dungeons and mix and match armors to look different, unique, and awesome. Plus mess with your traits and see which one works best for u.

vvuevv

What do you do after ?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I make alt.

and ya, I don’t think there’s too much to do after.

What do you do after ?

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

I go back to WoW.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

What do you do after ?

Posted by: Tifa Lockheart Ex.9614

Tifa Lockheart Ex.9614

After you’ve completed your personal story and completed the map, what do you do with your level 80 as far as solo play ? Is that pretty much it for soloing after you’ve completed those two things ?

Do you pretty much just run Dungeons ? Share some of the things you do with your character when you’ve completed the map and personal story.

Run your favourite dungeon until you are dead sick of it. Then run fotm until it become pointless. Then start farming mob in the world map until anet nerf all farming to kingdom com. Then again only orr was worth farming. But that is done with. Log off

What do you do after ?

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

Read a book. Take a walk. Learn another language. Write a poem. Pet a dog. Dance. Ride your bike. Bake a cake. Volunteer somewhere. Fall in love.

There’s lots to do after 80.

What do you do after ?

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

You probably don’t want to do this, but you could re-visit the entire map and look for things you didn’t see the first time you were there.

There are a ton of hidden stuff in GWII, and in my opinion nothing makes the world feel more alive than when you can go to a place you’ve already been and have a new experience. This is also why I don’t farm events.

There are also a ton of NPCs with very interesting dialogue.
For example I was exploring The Grove on my new Necromancer yesterday and found this guy called Pherick. I’m not gonna tell you what he said, but I’d suggest that you don’t skip NPCs that have actual names instead of stuff like Villager.

And if you ever see something in the distance that looks interesting, go for it. More often than not it is something worth visiting, even if it’s just a nice looking place.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

What do you do after ?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Achievements (not dailies, the others)
Dungeon running for skins/gear and maybe some lodestones
Fractals for the weapon skins
World Bosses for the free ectos
WvW if you are into that

What do you do after ?

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

Thanks for the replies, both serious and not so serious. lol.

What do you do after ?

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Do you have at least one of every race and/or profession?

I have 8 toons at the moment, all level 80 and I am working toward getting them all their ascended accessories.

You can always go for a legendary if you don’t want to level alts.

You can try out spvp and WvW.

Advance your fractals level.

Get all the cultural armor.

Work on completing achievements, slayer, jumping puzzles, explorer, etc.

What do you do after ?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

RP.

Seriously. I do a lot of PvE with my 80’s but the reason they got to 80 and the reason I want to visit their lives is that they -have- lives. Stories, plotlines, adventures. I’ve RP’d since 7th grade when D&D first came out and it makes my brain happy and creative.

Heck, I went from tongue-tied dread of public speaking to being a career defense attorney thanks to RP and the acting skills it gave me along with the ability to see multiple points of view. I played WoW for 7 years thanks to involved plotlines and fun people to play with (who are still going with amazing stories over there).

RP will keep you invested long after the game mechanics pale.

What do you do after ?

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

Do you have at least one of every race and/or profession?

I have 8 toons at the moment, all level 80 and I am working toward getting them all their ascended accessories.

You can always go for a legendary if you don’t want to level alts.

You can try out spvp and WvW.

Advance your fractals level.

Get all the cultural armor.

Work on completing achievements, slayer, jumping puzzles, explorer, etc.

I have 3 level 80’s ( Guardian, my favorite thus far, Warrior, also very enjoyable, and A Mesmer, fun but not as enjoyable as My Guardian and Warrior for me. ) and working on A Thief. Because I enjoy the Guardian so much, I want to be able to continue on with him which is the reason for this thread.

As Far as other races go, The only race I’m able to connect with is human. Asura are funny and cool to look at but I don’t feel any connection to them. Norn are also cool to look at, especially when draped down in exotic heavy armor, but again, I feel no connection to them.

For me, at this time, I’m pretty sure after the Thief, the professions I have leveled to 80 will be all for me. When the Thief hits 80, I want to do all that is possible with my main, which is the Guardian. I just really dig that profession.

Thanks for your reply.

What do you do after ?

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

RP.

Seriously. I do a lot of PvE with my 80’s but the reason they got to 80 and the reason I want to visit their lives is that they -have- lives. Stories, plotlines, adventures. I’ve RP’d since 7th grade when D&D first came out and it makes my brain happy and creative.

Heck, I went from tongue-tied dread of public speaking to being a career defense attorney thanks to RP and the acting skills it gave me along with the ability to see multiple points of view. I played WoW for 7 years thanks to involved plotlines and fun people to play with (who are still going with amazing stories over there).

RP will keep you invested long after the game mechanics pale.

Thanks for your reply.

What do you do after ?

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Read a book. Take a walk. Learn another language. Write a poem. Pet a dog. Dance. Ride your bike. Bake a cake. Volunteer somewhere. Fall in love.

Thumbs up…. lol

vvuevv

What do you do after ?

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

I’m not trying to pick a fight, but when people like the OP post topics like this, they shouldn’t be treated like they have no life outside of the game. I have the same question as the OP and I have other hobbies, I’m married and I’m working on my PhD. I have a life and I’m not looking for advice on how to live it. What I am interested in are things that I might do to renew my interest in this specific hobby of mine. So why is the assumption often that we do nothing but play GW2 and need to get away from that?

If I take your advice and go outside for a walk, what will that help the next time I sit down to play GW2 for a couple hours and am looking for a fun way to spend my time in game?

I apologize if this comes off as hostile, that’s not my intent, I’ve just seen this reply several times now to threads like this one and I think it comes across in a really condescending way every time I see it.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

What do you do after ?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I’m not trying to pick a fight, but when people like the OP post topics like this, they shouldn’t be treated like they have no life outside of the game. I have the same question as the OP and I have other hobbies, I’m married and I’m working on my PhD. I have a life and I’m not looking for advice on how to live it. What I am interested in are things that I might do to renew my interest in this specific hobby of mine. So why is the assumption often that we do nothing but play GW2 and need to get away from that?

If I take your advice and go outside for a walk, what will that help the next time I sit down to play GW2 for a couple hours and am looking for a fun way to spend my time in game?

I apologize if this comes off as hostile, that’s not my intent, I’ve just seen this reply several times now to threads like this one and I think it comes across in a really condescending way every time I see it.

I think you take it too personal. Maybe if you can’t find anything to do, there is nothing left to do. Except to move on.

I would have just suggest you to find another game. I just didn’t say it because the GW2 staff probably won’t be happy I make suggestion for people to stop playing their game on their game forum.

What do you do after ?

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

I pay negative remarks no mind when posting on game forums or even while playing any mmo. God forbid I ask a question about a game on…..the games….. game forum lol.

Thanks for you reply.

What do you do after ?

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

I think you take it too personal. Maybe if you can’t find anything to do, there is nothing left to do. Except to move on.

I would have just suggest you to find another game. I just didn’t say it because the GW2 staff probably won’t be happy I make suggestion for people to stop playing their game on their game forum.

I disagree sir or mam. The point of this forum is to ask questions about the game. By me being a new level 80 player, I was unaware of the things suggested by the experienced players. By starting this thread and getting feedback from mature players, I now know there is plenty to do to continue my experience at level 80, and I thank those people for taking the time out to reply to my question.

Thank you for your reply.

(edited by GuildWarsPlayer.5608)

What do you do after ?

Posted by: Kopipoki.3542

Kopipoki.3542

First thing I would do is gear up. Run some dungeons/fractals or farm.

Check out the achievements just to see whats out there to do such as jumping puzzles or world bosses.

Leveling an alt but not rushing through the game like I did my first time. Actually talking to NPCs, reading random stuff like tombstones/books, basically just taking in the world of Tyria.

WvW is something I find to be really enjoyable. Roaming around looking for people to fight, taking supply camps and what not. I find small fights to be a lot more enjoyable than running around with a big zerg.

There’s also mini-games like keg brawl or the new crab grabbing game they recently added.

Spvp is something I never really got into but that’s always an option.

Also don’t be afraid to take a break from the game.

What do you do after ?

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

First thing I would do is gear up. Run some dungeons/fractals or farm.

Check out the achievements just to see whats out there to do such as jumping puzzles or world bosses.

Leveling an alt but not rushing through the game like I did my first time. Actually talking to NPCs, reading random stuff like tombstones/books, basically just taking in the world of Tyria.

WvW is something I find to be really enjoyable. Roaming around looking for people to fight, taking supply camps and what not. I find small fights to be a lot more enjoyable than running around with a big zerg.

There’s also mini-games like keg brawl or the new crab grabbing game they recently added.

Spvp is something I never really got into but that’s always an option.

Also don’t be afraid to take a break from the game.

Take a break away from the game ! What do you speak of sir !

Thanks for you feedback and reply.

What do you do after ?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I do a lot of stuff with the guild. Finding a great bunch of people to play and hang out with is huge for me. Someone needs a dungeon, even though I’ve already done them all. Sure, I can help out.

Helping people find vistas, or just getting together for some WvW is much better, for me anyway, when playing with people I like hanging out with.

The game is great, but there’s only X amount of content. Helping people through it who haven’t finished it yet is like vicariously experiencing it all over again.