What do you dont like about gw2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

What do you dislike about gw2 and what kind of elements from other games that you would want to have in gw2

Posted by: xydrassial.6953

xydrassial.6953

traits – i find the current trait system frustrating to use to create builds, and although i understand the thinking behind the way its set up to help encourage build diversity, all it actually does is pigeonhole me into certain builds.

personal story – i think we can all agree that the personal story was a rather large flop. the “choices” were few and relatively ineffective, making it a very linear story line and there fore taking away from its distinctiveness and replay ability with new characters. and ofc the final fight was abysmal.

event system – the current way its utilized makes it basically like quests you don’t have to pick up. although i understand there has to be some fillers in there (exp. kill, retrieve types) the more interesting and epic events were far and few between. and the ease of completing them even solo meant the failure branch of the event is rarely shown.

condition system – although not such a complete mess in pvp because of the fight between stacking and cleansing them, in pve this system is next to useless. there is no reason currently to bring a condition user to an event or instance. they are less effective against destroy able objects, do less overall dmg than power builds, are severely hindered by the caps on conditions especially on world bosses. this system needs a long hard look at as its a kick in the teeth for classes that lean towards conditions (necros, engi).

pets – the pet ai, especially for necros still feels next to useless. attacking the wrong mobs, not attacking at all, glitches with abilities, and overall low survivability mixed with long cd’s. there a good reason you don’t see minion masters around.

appearance customization – this feels very lacking in a game that is trying to forego the usual gear grind and instead lean towards getting people to customize there appearance once gear capped. made all the more frustrating when looking at games like wow and rift that despite being gear grind games have put in systems like the void storage, transmog and wardrobe making it easy and accessible to people who want to spend time on appearance. it feels very much like an after thought with gw2, with no real support for people wanting to really play with this aspect of the game ( not helped by the living story which makes it impossible to cosmetic options past a certain point, which is an issue due to the low number of cosmetic options in the game to begin with).

there’s more but ill leave it at that for now :P i do like this game but it has a rather large amount of issue’s. most seem to stem from the fact the devs seem more interested in adding new content than taking the time to really look at what they already have and spend time on making the core game solid.

/rant :P

Posted by: sweatycool.9624

sweatycool.9624

RNG Boxes.

Just remove them.

/thread

As what my mighty Norn says, EAT MORE BACON

- I Eat Bacon, from Ferguson’s Crossing.

(edited by sweatycool.9624)

Posted by: ParnAshwind.4823

ParnAshwind.4823

1. Excessive mouse pressing.

My finger really hurts for holding the the right button for hours. How hard is it to allow us to toggle a mouselook mode.

2. Bad camera angle part of the “challenge”
Just give us 1st Person View so that we can better navigate in tight places.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

RNG and time gating

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

The insanely nerf of areas, like, you always end up with junk, JUNK, from dungeons and FoTM, i want some money, not JUNK!!

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I dislike the low number of skills/weapons.

I am very much looking forward to anet expanding them.

@Parn, there’s a mod for that lock mouselook

If I wanted elements from other games I’d take the item destruction on death from EVE online, so crafting mattered

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Empressium.5482

Empressium.5482

NerfWars2, nuff said

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

RNG boxes.

Traits. I think the biggest problem is they’re tied to stats. It’d be a lot more worthwhile to mix’n’match and experiment with different Trait setups if they weren’t also tied to stats.

Skills being mandated by the weapon. Hated the idea when I first heard it but gave it a chance. Yeah, 1 year later and its still crap.

Lack of exciting things to do. Jumping Puzzles are the most fun part of GW2 (to me), which is sad considering I’m predominantly an MMO player.

Whoever is in charge of Medium Armor designs. Please take a vacation and let someone else take your place for a while. 1 year later and I still see the trenchcoat-ish everwhere, even in new upcoming armors. Are you just flat out ignoring us on this?

Eh, there’s a bunch I don’t like about GW2. There’s also a bunch I do like. Same as every other game I’ve ever played. There’s always room for improvement and some things are just a matter of personal taste (but seriously, less bulky medium armor PLEASE). Overall I’d say its an alright game. I have spent more months not-playing than playing, however…

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

NerfWars2, nuff said

You have to nerf things that are overpowered.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: ParnAshwind.4823

ParnAshwind.4823

@Parn, there’s a mod for that lock mouselook

:) Yeah I know. But ANet should do it themselves. Many arent comfortable using mods because there is a risk, however unjustified and small it maybe that you can get ban from using mods…

ANet, get off yer lazy behind and fix the mouselook mode and camera angle (just give us a 1st person view to toggle in those tight spots) and many will be very happy.

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

Excess of RNG.
No skill involved in almost any part of the game, and no reward for skill, but just luck and grind.
Horrible storytelling.
Minigames! I mean really? Are they turning GW2 into Facebook for the amount of minigames.
Not enough content.
Boring combat.
Ultramegaboring events, bosses, dungeons.

Although for casual playing every now and then it’s still a nice game… I hope the new Living Stories will keep me entertained until Wildstar comes out.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Hates: RNG boxes; Ascended Gear; Bread and Circuses aspect of recent updates.

What I’d import: Never thought I’d say it about a Cryptic game, but the modular stats on gear in CO was a very good idea. Primary gear pieces had one stat and 3 slots. Players could customize their stats by slotting stat upgrades into the slots. Want to change out one stat in favor of another? Get the right mod, slot, done — no need to get completely new gear. Though I’d leave the P2W aspects of this system in the Cryptic store.

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Hates:

RNG boxes getting most hate it seems. I’ll add one more to support that.

Story could be better. It seems flat at times.

Temporary contents galore.

Posted by: Sai.5908

Sai.5908

There’s a lot I don’t like

1. Diminishing Returns and getting a piece of copper for killing a VET or CHAMPION ? Really really lame .

2. Mid to higher zones empty of players , I only often run to one or two players and they’re doing their own thing . Maybe if they add heroes or hencmen , it would really help .

3. Temporary content on both game and gem shop . My necromancer needs the sickle and mining pick but she can’t get it because they took it out of the gem shop .

4. Same battleground maps , I’m getting tired of seeing the same old battlegrounds . Solution ; Make new maps !!!!

5. Not enough fluff .

Posted by: Devo.7320

Devo.7320

NerfWars2, nuff said

Or… You can buff things that are underpowered.
Mind=Blown O.O

~~~~~~~~{<-*}> I IZ A BIRDY!

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

NerfWars2, nuff said

Meanwhile, League of Nerfs..

I ? Karkas.

(edited by Seven Star Stalker.1740)

Posted by: Insignya.8625

Insignya.8625

NerfWars2, nuff said

Meanwhile, League of Nerfs..

This is the main problem with League of Legends, has been since mid-Season 2. Nerfing is the easy cop-out for the balance team, buffing things to match is the difficult part. Nerfing sacrifices the fun factor to maintain the game’s integrity. Though I’ve no idea why it’s done here, honestly – Guild Wars 2 isn’t even pretending to be competitive due to horrendous balancing. If Arena.NET buff all classes for PvE to Warrior level and, logically, make all content harder to match, that might push the combat into more engaging, strategic choices.

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

The story

I hear the story is generic filler with no actual thought behind the writings so I guess I am not missing nearly as much had this been gw1. Would the story in gw1 have even worked with the living book burning content that is in gw2?

I think I read Anet is rethinking on how to deliver their story and I really wish they get rid of the current cut scences. They are the same as the beta ones only they have an artistic backdrop panning around instead of the actual space the dialog is occuring in, which is strange because you get to see the quests occuring in real time, but not the story.

Posted by: Kurakura.7281

Kurakura.7281

The story.
It’s basically a mishmash of all the story cliches and unoriginal derivative content from other MMO’s and fantasy novels. It really “FEELS” like an 5th grader wrote the story after reading a few fantasy novels, and decided to write a story of their own. I’ve read better stuff written by high school students.

Combat is boring and shallow… calling it “active” combat is insulting to other action MMORPG games. With so many new MMO’s with active-action combat systems, GW2 is behind the curve. Kritika online, black desert online, vindictus, dragon nest, blade and soul, tera online… most of them its 100% non targeted combat, and some others, targeting is optional.

Enable mouse look please!

Appearance customization is very limited compared to other main stream MMORPGs… GW2 “fashion” is severely lacking, and the available choices are boring, gaudy, or ugly.

Subpar temporarily content. Doesn’t even want to make me play at all.

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

NerfWars2, nuff said

Why are things so overpowered though? How long was this game in development? How long was it in beta? How long has it been out?

A year after the game is released these guys still push a huge list of nerfs/rebalances after every patch. People get sick of that garbage.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

— The clunky interface, particularly the trading post
— The over-zealousness of nerfing things without giving time for the metagame to establish if something is right or not. This leads to a situation where the crybabies are constantly catered to, and that’s no way to create an interesting game.
— “Personal Story” though I use that term lightly.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

RNG and story, story is nice but no twist or something epic, rng because I’m the bad luck brian of this game

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

• no lore collectibles (Legendaries have no external/ingame lore; no casual relaxing activity to collect lore related stuff;…)
  • bad story/lore distribution system: a lot of people have no idea what’s going on storywise
  • too many waypoints: people jump from dragon to dragon, constantly skipping world content. This won’t get better with champion rewards.
  • events have little story background, developers worry too much about realism. As a player I don’t care if the champion I’ve killed should be dead already; as long it is fun it would work for me. Sometimes I really miss interesting quests.
  • there could be much more events in the world
  • sometimes I come around teaser-secrets where nothing really happens (I assume). Example: The rusted sword in Ascalon next to a mysterious cat and a frog.
  • NPCs barely telling us anything. Dialogues are really short most of the time.
http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: PVStar.3658

PVStar.3658

NerfWars2, nuff said

Why are things so overpowered though? How long was this game in development? How long was it in beta? How long has it been out?

A year after the game is released these guys still push a huge list of nerfs/rebalances after every patch. People get sick of that garbage.

Name me a MMO that doesn’t nerf anything, ever. Seriously.

Araziel.7201

NerfWars2, nuff said

Name me a MMO that doesn’t nerf anything, ever. Seriously.

We’re talking about the amount of nerfing from PvE content to class rebalancing. Name me one that has had more. Seriously, lol.

Posted by: arctorius.3025

arctorius.3025

I don’t have a lot of time to play games lately so the lack of LFG tool is rather irritating to me, not a major gripe, but it would be nice to be able to see some of the dungeons.

Araziel.7201

Another thing that I really don’t like are those Sylvari weapons that are sitting on the T2 Asuran cultural weapon dealer. They are still there after a year?! Really Anet? No one could find the time to fix that yet?

Posted by: Cofee.5380

Cofee.5380

- Diminishing Returns on dungeon rewards
- Diminishing Returns on mob drops
- Diminishing Returns on group events
- Diminishing Returns on World Bosses
- Diminishing Returns on Log-ins (okay that one’s a joke)
- Terrible boss mechanics that mainly stem from the way “Defiance” and aggro work (there’s a pretty kitten good thread on improving that buried somewhere in the suggestion forum; but basically have defiance work as a diminishing return (har har) mechanic against CC so that bosses can have mechanics that need to be/can be interrupted)
- Bosses that have a 3 ability rotation that simply repeat for 5 minutes untill they die
- Complete lack of polish in many aspects of the game, especially twords high-level combat (i’m looking at you Zitahn)
- Every patch so far has been temporary save for Fractals and South Sun
- Legendaries are bought, not earned (this one irks me to no end)
- No reward for doing Jumping Puzzles other than just for the sake of it
- Lack of titles now that i think of it
- RNG on kittening everything
- So much DR and RNG everywhere that the best way to get anything is to farm gold and buy it
- Inability to filter armour types on the trading post (ie, only search for light armour)
- people that sell things for 1c over the vendor value on the trading post
- the fact that everything is going up in price on the trading post all the time (almost everything is now 3-4x the price it was when the game came out)

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Would have been much easier to ask what we like, list would’ve been much shorter and not a wall of text.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Cofee.5380

Cofee.5380

Would have been much easier to ask what we like, list would’ve been much shorter and not a wall of text.

oh my god, that post….
14/14 just perfect

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

What do you dislike about gw2 and what kind of elements from other games that you would want to have in gw2

ranting

Supporting Tyranny

Contributing Tyranny

Providing Tyranny

Justifying Tryranny

Defending Tyranny

Arming Tyranny.

Supporting the Tyrant

Contributing Everything to the Tyrant Need and Wants

Justifying the Tryant Every Action

Defending the Tryant Cause

Providing the Tyrant with Godlike Single Attack Powers

Arming the Tyrant with Godlike Invincibility and Invisibility

Rewarding the Tryant with Infinite Escapibility

Granting the Tyrant Godlike Powers to Reset Time at Will

The Tyrant Theif, that is

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

- Diminishing Returns on dungeon rewards
- Diminishing Returns on mob drops
- Diminishing Returns on group events
- Diminishing Returns on World Bosses
- Diminishing Returns on Log-ins (okay that one’s a joke)
- Terrible boss mechanics that mainly stem from the way “Defiance” and aggro work (there’s a pretty kitten good thread on improving that buried somewhere in the suggestion forum; but basically have defiance work as a diminishing return (har har) mechanic against CC so that bosses can have mechanics that need to be/can be interrupted)
- Bosses that have a 3 ability rotation that simply repeat for 5 minutes untill they die
- Complete lack of polish in many aspects of the game, especially twords high-level combat (i’m looking at you Zitahn)
- Every patch so far has been temporary save for Fractals and South Sun
- Legendaries are bought, not earned (this one irks me to no end)
- No reward for doing Jumping Puzzles other than just for the sake of it
- Lack of titles now that i think of it
- RNG on kittening everything
- So much DR and RNG everywhere that the best way to get anything is to farm gold and buy it
- Inability to filter armour types on the trading post (ie, only search for light armour)
- people that sell things for 1c over the vendor value on the trading post
- the fact that everything is going up in price on the trading post all the time (almost everything is now 3-4x the price it was when the game came out)

I agree with everything you said 100%. In fact, if everything you listed was improved or removed accordingly, GW2 would be darn near perfect.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Draconicus.7564

Draconicus.7564

Mostly all what makes this game so different from GW1, seriously!!

Call this game what ever you want, and i will say it’s a great game, but call it a GW2…and i will start boiling!

Personally i just hate this “new commercial philosophy”, where game devs every time they want to create a new game for any old saga, just think they need to create something entirely new, or will not sell!!

(edited by Draconicus.7564)

Posted by: Kurakura.7281

Kurakura.7281

Mostly all what makes this game so different from GW1, seriously!!

Call this game what ever you want, and i will say it’s a great game, but call it a GW2…and i will start boiling!

Yeah with as different as GW2 is from GW1, they should have called it “Tyria Online”, or something along those lines… At least with “tyria online” there is no expectation of something similar to GW1.

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

I dislike that I can’t play Skritt character!

… and I’m feeling a bit limited on skills having played through GW1 with it’s tons of skills, but it seems they are adding more soon! Great!

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I don’t like how millions play this game but only 1.8k people saw the official GW2 tournament and hardly anyone even knew about it in game.

GW2 lack of advertising to its own customers and letting them know through a ingame message “GW2 tournament is going on right now you can watch it at such and such”

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Boss fights AI. We could use less champion spongebobs.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i dun like:
1. cannot change the skins and stats of our gear.
2. cannot play mini games together with friends.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

- Some of the players. Notably, the unhelpful, snarky, and the generally ill-tempered who remind me of prior MMO experiences. There is no fix for this, and I’ve grown a thicker skin over it. (Still don’t like it though.)

- Difficulty of earning Tier 6 Fine materials. Mostly in that there’s not a lot of places to reliably earn them where enough people hang out to have a good time. It feels like a farm and work over natural play, sometimes, when there’s not enough people around to take my mind off it.

- Personal Story a bit lackluster. After the halfway point it starts to get lost in the woods and never quite recovers until the last chapter in Orr. But by then the shine is gone. I meant it, the first three or four chapters are rather great to play through.

- Home Instance lackluster. Hopefully we’ll see more use out of it as the Living Story updates continue.

- I suck at PvP too much for WvW to be fun except running with a group of 6-10 people.

- WvW not fun running with a group of 25+ people aside from seeing numbers go up.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

I have some problems with camera while doing certains jumping puzzles or when I enter little houses and so.. it really disturb me. Also some skills are so lightning but I red they’re gonna fix this tomorrow so I’m pretty ok with that
Also I would like that ranger have better traits cause I really think some are totally useless and you cannot change anything better

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I do not like the selection of cosmetic options available to human males at character creation.

I do not like the fact that most medium armor skins are some variation on a trench coat.

I do not like the fact that Rangers have a very significant percentage of their performance tied to a pet.

I do not like the fact that there is so little burst damage available to Rangers bows.

I do not like the diminishing returns on rewards.

I do not like the lessening of the feel of exploration by putting map icons on the vast majority of even undiscovered locations..

I do not like the two week window for content additions.

I do not like most of the collectible weapon skins.

I do not like having having half of my skills chosen for me.

I do not like skill adjustments that completely repurpose (in some cases to the point of making a skill serve a role exactly opposite to its previous iteration) existing skills rather than merely adjusting power level for game balance.

I do not like zerg.

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

RNG gambling boxes. Just a disgusting business model.

The voice acting in the personal story cut scenes. Bad dialogue, delivered poorly, and then made even worse by horrible editing that inserts lengthy pauses in between each characters’ lines.

So that’s a pretty short list compared to most games.

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

NPC bosses are made ‘challenging’ by giving them insane amounts of health. They still go down fast.
NPC trash mobs are made ‘challenging’ by giving them ridiculous amounts of crowd control. They are just annoying.

In my opinion, mobs should be made more challenging by improving their AI. At present, higher level areas are just frustrating to travel through. That’s not fun…for me anyway. I don’t mind a fight but does it have to be every five feet and always the same thing: pushed back, pulled forward, knocked up or down, put to sleep or stunned. It gets old, fast.

There’s a norn npc who has the unenviable task of picking up rabbit food and gets knocked down by the rabbits constantly. She says “I tire of this.” Well, that’s just how I feel when meeting trash mobs that have so many crowd control skills that there’s no way to avoid the effects…

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Posted by: Insignya.8625

Insignya.8625

Why should I watch a GW2 tournament? The game is broken and boring to watch. When I feel like watching competitive gaming I tune in to SC2’s streamed tournaments or the Dota 2 International. GW2 is just a pathetic joke in terms of its pro scene (doesn’t exist).

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

rng/money grubbing ideas/listening to cry babies for balance. Nerfing drops to the ground so you get kitten 99% of the time. Oh and no end game after couple levels of 80.
boss fights just mean more hp… rinse and repeat same stuff for long period of times in order to kill the boss with little to no brain power being used.

Oh and charr being the last hour bs stretch and clip armor race. Not 1 single decent full set. Something clips where as humans got it all good and kitten.

(edited by Mosharn.8357)

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

• US and EU servers being unable to play with each other (why can’t we guest them?)
  • The camera (it is seriously broken)
  • Targeting (still broken)
  • The trinity (also broken)
  • The chat/mail spam filter (deserve a long hard look at)
  • Conditions (need to be balanced so they are on par with DPS)
  • Balancing PVE skills based on pvp feedback (I hate it when my class is nerfed and broken due to the pvp flavor of the week)
  • Grind (legendaries, dailies, ascended gear, achievements)
  • Bosses (One-hit kill gimmicks and bad boss tells, along with Defiant)
  • Defiant (remove it or change it)
  • Invulnerability (making enemies invulnerable because they can’t get to you is a stupid concept in a game that has ranged combat)
  • In-combat slow down (the bane of platforming)
  • Way point costs
  • Having to pay for re-distributing trait points
  • The unstable and slow trading post
  • Lack of end game content
  • Bad dungeons
  • lack of depth regarding crafting
  • RNG, blacklion chests, gemstore gimmicks
  • Poor testing before implementing a patch (seriously, some bugs make it seem as if hardly any testing was done at all)
  • Static dragon bosses (these guys need more life, they need to move around more)
  • Bad personal story (Trahearne, Destiny’s Edge, and killing off lovable characters)
“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

• Having to pay for re-distributing trait points

Having to pay 3.5s to reset traits is unfair somehow?

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

I do not like the two week window for content additions.

Having to rush the content before it is removed makes said content less enjoyable for me, so I agree with you.

Posted by: arctorius.3025

arctorius.3025

I don’t like how most of the zones are rectangles.