What do you guys do after 100% completion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

I haven’t gotten 100 % completion yet but was wondering what I can do after I’ve achieved it. Just off the top of my head I’ve come up with certain things that can be done.

1. Continue exploring the map by setting personal waypoints and farming.

2. Dungeons wvw.

3. Armor and weapon skin hunting.

4. Not into pvp but that is always an option.

5. Get that legendary weapon which is gonna be a complete grind fest.

6. Wait for new content lol.

I read that GW2 was adding a que system. That will be cool if it’s for dungeons and such.

Any of you care to share what you do with your 100% complete characters other than deleting them ?

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

5. Get that legendary weapon which is gonna be a complete grind fest.

All that there is for me. Jumping up and down in Lion’s Arch is always an option for 10 minutes.

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

why would you delete a character with map completion, if anything you make another class to balance your playstyle. i do living stories for the weapon skins

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

100% World Completion doesn’t mean you finish your Explorer Achievements, so that’s something. Exploration aside…

- Get full exotic gear
- Do each dungeon at least once
- Get as many dyes as possible
- Play pretty princess

Since I’m an Engineer, Legendaries are right out of the question.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

There is always something to do every day:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

Yeah. Still exploration to do. THe gold star just means you’ve found all the poi, hearts and waypoints. All the named “painted” areas still need to be found. Alllllmost got it. just one spot left in Maguuma I gotta find.

I still play lots of the stuff, Hit the chest events, do the occasional temple. NEVER pvp, I do some WvW. Don’t like any of the “legendaries” so ain’t wasting time there. Tho I hear they are makig new ones so maybe I like something from this crop. But since my tastes lean to the “understated and elegant” kinda stuff rather then the kitten waving garish manga ripoff stuff the devs drop on us like mana, I wont hold my breath (fave skins are the Norn weapons and I really like Ebonblade.) Done at least story on all the dungeons. Slowly working thru the paths, not a big crawler, but they fun nuff with guildies.
Am Master Crafter, with mats harvested myself, not TP, mostly anyway. Made lotta self crafted gear for the alts that, as I was lvling crafts, needed some inscription mats. Hard to come by em sometimes.

Have a toon of every profession. 4 norn, 3 human, 1 charr. 7 @ 80. New mez just hit 50. Rib a guildie about her asura since she had me help in his story. Now I know that the steam mech invasion are “all your fault” as I keep saying. Especially when in Larson Pass and getting attacked by em. “Oh look, a steam mech just attacked me……. all your fault.”

Kinda interesting seeing the different stories.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yeah. Still exploration to do. THe gold star just means you’ve found all the poi, hearts and waypoints. All the named “painted” areas still need to be found. Alllllmost got it. just one spot left in Maguuma I gotta find.

I still play lots of the stuff, Hit the chest events, do the occasional temple. NEVER pvp, I do some WvW. Don’t like any of the “legendaries” so ain’t wasting time there. Tho I hear they are makig new ones so maybe I like something from this crop. But since my tastes lean to the “understated and elegant” kinda stuff rather then the kitten waving garish manga ripoff stuff the devs drop on us like mana, I wont hold my breath (fave skins are the Norn weapons and I really like Ebonblade.) Done at least story on all the dungeons. Slowly working thru the paths, not a big crawler, but they fun nuff with guildies.
Am Master Crafter, with mats harvested myself, not TP, mostly anyway. Made lotta self crafted gear for the alts that, as I was lvling crafts, needed some inscription mats. Hard to come by em sometimes.

Have a toon of every profession. 4 norn, 3 human, 1 charr. 7 @ 80. New mez just hit 50. Rib a guildie about her asura since she had me help in his story. Now I know that the steam mech invasion are “all your fault” as I keep saying. Especially when in Larson Pass and getting attacked by em. “Oh look, a steam mech just attacked me……. all your fault.”

Try the lab in the south east corner of Metrica Province. There’s an event chain you need to complete to enter it. For a lot of people, that’s the last missing area.

Sleel.8365

Try the lab in the south east corner of Metrica Province. There’s an event chain you need to complete to enter it. For a lot of people, that’s the last missing area.

Don’t mean the one to fix the asura gate to an old destroyer ruined lab do you? The one that the skritt have parts in their scratch for? Or diff lab? Been finding some of my “missing areas” are jumping puzzles I didn’t find, since I don’t look for them as I don’t like them. But will scry that area. Part of me is scared I’m gonna have to have my thief standing round with maps open, tabbing in and out of game comparing maps to the wiki.

Posted by: Gery.2718

Gery.2718

If you are still missing that one place in maguuma, this might help you:
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/84283-answered-maguuma-exploration-achievement-help/

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

1. Continue exploring the map by setting personal waypoints and farming with friends, possibly doing the occasional jumping puzzle.
2. Dungeons wvw.
4. Not into pvp but that is always an option.
5. Get that legendary weapon which is gonna be a complete grind fest. by just taking my time and enjoying the game.

All of the above.

I do guild events!

We usually do them 2-3 times a week. They can range from doing Bounties/Rush/Trek to dungeons/fractals to kodan dance parties in LA and Ruminant Romps through WvW.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

the real end game is wvw. if you don’t like it or can’t get over ts severe lag/skill delay there’s nothing left to do in the game.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Torpian.9142

Torpian.9142

Lots of players return to the forums and complain that GW2 isn’t GW1.

Wardens of Myth, Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Lots of players return to the forums and complain that GW2 isn’t GW1.

cuz gw1 had content for you to do after 3 months of playing.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

There’s a lot of things to do, but strangely a lot of it is unnecessary stuff. That’s the thing with GW2. For better or worse, there is no real necessary level of completion. I guess the options are… PvP, WvW, legendary weapons, events, alts, or living/personal story. Not bad for a game less than a year old. Question is, what do you enjoy doing?

Personally, I’m picking and choosing between guild events, dragons, farming, and personal story… with some WvW and alt leveling here and there. Its nice to let real life dictate an MMO for once, instead of the other way around.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Still busy with 100% completion. Only the wvw part left and not sure how to start there. Too bad I started my first 100% with my elementalist, not the most used profession in wvw I think. Havent seen one in the outposts yet

Sleel.8365

bookmarked that explorer page. merci

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

One thing you could look into are the portal’d areas. Areas in the open world only accessible via portal or key.

-There is one in Dreadgehaunt where you need a dwarven key to enter. It is also a mini dungeon with some very very interesting things and mechanics inside…can be quite difficult at times, with a boss at the end and a chest. (about 40 minutes to complete)
-There is one in mount maelstrom which has a lot of jumping puzzle mechanics. (about 40 minuts to complete)
-I just found another yesterday in Lorner’s Pass, randomly, with more jumping puzzle mechanics and some other things going on.

I hope there are more — these tucked away areas are what makes this game worth exploring. Love it.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

Thanks for all this feedback.

The reason for this post is I read a comment on another thread of mine where I player was complaining about " Having nothing to do after level 80 " I totally disagree. There is always something to do when playing mmo’s which you guys have clearly pointed out.

Thanks for all of the replies.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Map completion was never a direct objective of mine, but an indirect one towards more legendaries.

So after completing maps 3 times…

Getting all classes and races to 80
Gearing all of them up in exotics
Getting rich
Getting achievements

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

There’s a lot of things to do, but strangely a lot of it is unnecessary stuff. That’s the thing with GW2. For better or worse, there is no real necessary level of completion. I guess the options are… PvP, WvW, legendary weapons, events, alts, or living/personal story. Not bad for a game less than a year old. Question is, what do you enjoy doing?

Personally, I’m picking and choosing between guild events, dragons, farming, and personal story… with some WvW and alt leveling here and there. Its nice to let real life dictate an MMO for once, instead of the other way around.

This pretty much sums it up. Once you are 80, everything is unnecessary. You dont need to farm for anything, you dont need to do dailys for laurels. You dont need to do WvW if you dont like it. You dont need to grind for a legendary if you dont want to. You dont need to run the Orr events, or dragon farm. You dont need to do any of this stuff in order to stay “powerful” and on par with most everyone else. It is both a positive and negative. Positive in that your stats will always be as powerful as everyone else, provided you get exotic or ascended gear. Negative in that…after a while, youre doing an event and you wonder “why am I here…this will not impact the world, this will not progress my character anymore”. 9/10 things at “end game” in GW2 are inconsequential. Do them or not, who cares, it makes little difference to the game or to your personal progression.

On the other hand, since giving up my legendary grinding, Ive begun enjoying the game a bit more. I still have a reserved distaste for the direction the game heads in and how I personally believe that Arenanet abandoned core principles of the game. But, I trek on… Im 85% done with map completion myself, so almost there. Working on some Mystic Forge weapon recipes. Completed the monthly yesterday, completed cutthroat politics yesterday, I’ll complete Bazaar today. After all of this…maybe I’ll turn my focus to my mesmer and look to make her my new “main”. Or, rebuild my guardian for support and see how that is for a few days or weeks. Or, level that engi or ele that Ive always wanted to.

I dont think this game will keep me playing for months on end, anymore..since everything that I do is no means to no end. Its done for the joy of it which is good! But eventually, you feel like youre wasting your time doing meaningless things. So I’ll probably be bouncing around between GW2 and Neverwinter…GW2 and Firefall. GW2 and Defiance. Until, that is, Arenanet wises up…makes the necessary improvements to the game such as dungeon revamp to make all dungeon paths viable, difficult, worthwhile…interesting mechanics. Until they put some sort of LFG tool into the game. Until theres a Scavenger hunt. Until there are more zones with new renown hearts to complete or more personal story. I want real traditional content. Living story is good, but gets stale, old, and I check off boxes more than have fun. I want more traditional content to keep me playing for months, or years.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: lilstev.3498

lilstev.3498

Stand around in LA, say obscenities in /m chat, spend 20 mins and put the least minimal amount of effort to complete your daily, log out and look at previews of upcoming MMOs.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

If you are still missing that one place in maguuma, this might help you:
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/84283-answered-maguuma-exploration-achievement-help/

Well I was missing one as well. it turned out to be the Aurora Remains (or whatever that section is called), in the lower left side of Brisban Wildlands.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…