What do you guys think about Dungeon Sellers?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nev.5316

Nev.5316

I’m cool with it. I got way too much gold and it saves me time instead of running the repetitive paths which I have been doing for years.

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

Dungeons? What dung…oh…those..

Well yeah ok…errr…whatever.

I just hope ANet brings back couple of serious ppl to work on dungeons and make dungeons what they should be: a big and important part of the game where you need to team up in order to conquer….

….and actually use gear stats other than the current meta.

If ppl want to pay for dungeons and ANet has no objections, then ppl are free to do what they want.

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

I don’t care what they do and don’t think it should be banned or anything. However I still consider dungeon sellers to be greedy backside holes who take advantage of the stupidity of others. Since I have no interest in doing dungeons, I don’t care about either group.

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

On the other hand, I also dislike having a reward system that ignores if some content has been under-manned and rewards those who have beaten a greater challenge with the short end of the stick.
In this sense, I see dungein selling as a necessary evil.

This actually bothers me more than having to mentally filter sellers from other parties in lfg. Sometimes we can’t get a 5th if it’s too late so we 4 man the dungeon/fract but still get the same reward. On other hand, if the reward would scale with the number of people, we’d see a lot of kicking before final boss just to scale up rewards. So perhaps instead of reward scaling, they could scale the difficulty.

And/or have reward scaling applicable only at the start of the path, ie, enter with 3, scaled to 3 people and more can’t enter after that.

If the increased reward would be granted based on the amount of players at the end of the instance, then yes, we would see a lot of kicking and thus it would be a terrible design mistake.
It shouldn’t be hard, however, to scale the reward based on the highest amount of players at any point during the instance. With this system, kicking would not make any sense, not more than on the current one at least.

My problem with scaling is that it would still keep the content at the same difficulty level.
I can see it as a great feature for story paths, but for high replayability content I would absolutely prefer a way to tune up the challenge without having to give up rewards or rely on the always controversial path selling as the only solution.

I’d like the possibility of scaling up the difficulty too.

So they could just shuffle from time to time and afk while rest is working their socks off? Kicking is necessary in party management and so is the ability to find someone willing and competent to fill up the party with.

I don’t dungeon very often. Are there a lot of players that troll dungeon groups like this? Seems to me they’d develop a reputation rather quickly and get on people’s kitten lists.

Not that many but when it happens it’s very annoying and ofc the people know they can be kicked. If they knew they are safe, there is nothing preventing them from doing this all the time.

I can block the people who troll but that doesn’t stop them from joining my party.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

I still don’t understand why would anyone pay to dungeon when you can find a party for free

Due to the difficulty of assembling a group that wants to do Arah explorable, I ultimately resorted to buying the paths. Otherwise, I would simply want to do them myself.

I don’t really care that much, but I do wish I could see more advertisements of people actually wanting to play the dungeon.

I dislike the fact that it’s a thing. Dungeon selling is the reason I refuse to PUG The Ruined City of Arah paths with anything less than two personal friends.

I once had a group of three people join and kick me right before the final boss, then list it on the LFG as a path sell.

All of the above are examples of what puts me off such things becoming a commodity although I can’t see how they would police it.

With HoT about to be the new flavor it saddens me that many new players will be forced to pay to get through such content and put themselves at the risk of getting ripped off or kicked at the final hurdle. It really cheapens the whole intent of the content to begin with and path selling does nothing to encourage pugging or new players to such content.

It actually says a lot about the game and the playerbase in general imho.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

For those people who are concerned about the scammers, i.e. the groups that kick players at the end of a dungeon and then sell their slots, maybe Anet could block any slot that has been emptied via “kicking” from being refilled. That way only slots that were left open from the beginning, voluntarily vacated or as the result of a disconnect can be filled.

I frequently sell level 40/50 fractals with the group of friends I play with, and it’s reasonably common to see people join and try to kill off the boss without paying, despite being kindly greeted with a “hello frand, pls pay to (insert character here)”, at which point they get a quick kick, and we readvertise. You also sometimes get people who are angry that people sell runs at all, who join just to rage at you and disrupt your sale, and you need to be able to get rid of them too.

So whilst it would be great to have a way to prevent scammers, especially since anet have said they won’t regulate this area of the game, I don’t see a way of doing it without causing major problems for legit runs (selling or otherwise).

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

It’s disgusting and should be banned by Anet.

Even more disgusting, however, is the fact that Anet let a few people bully them into making ranged weapons deal less damage, at close range (they didn’t originally design it that way).

The fact that this is the case is probably, at least part of, the reason some people feel they can charge other people to do dungeons in this game.

BTW, to whom it may concern: I will not be fielding your comments here, or reading your unsolicited PMs, on this subject.

I’ve made my point here, I believe it to be correct, I’m sticking to it and that is that.

Thank you.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: Wolf Rayet.4073

Wolf Rayet.4073

I frequently sell level 40/50 fractals with the group of friends I play with, and it’s reasonably common to see people join and try to kill off the boss without paying, despite being kindly greeted with a “hello frand, pls pay to (insert character here)”, at which point they get a quick kick, and we readvertise. You also sometimes get people who are angry that people sell runs at all, who join just to rage at you and disrupt your sale, and you need to be able to get rid of them too.

So whilst it would be great to have a way to prevent scammers, especially since anet have said they won’t regulate this area of the game, I don’t see a way of doing it without causing major problems for legit runs (selling or otherwise).

Ah, okay, that makes sense. In that case, carry on providing your services, and may you make many piles of gold. I appreciate that folks like you are there should I ever need some quick dungeon tokens.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Lets not forget that more people selling the dungeon means less people for you to actually group up and run it with. Arah was already difficult to get, this made it worse if you actually want to do it the intended way… The PvP track is not an excuse for it to be acceptable either, by the way, as that still a huge time and effort investment.

Anyone bad enough to need to pay to complete a path is someone I wouldn’t want to run with.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

Path selling is great. I’ve bought Arah paths several times to finish collection without having to run dungeons when I wasn’t in the mood to dungeon. It’s a nice little business for people to set up on. There’s no moral issue to it at all. People can put their credit card number in the game client and buy legendaries, how is anyone going to be worried about someone giving another player 10 gold for some Arah tokens? It’s all pretty harmless.

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Highly against.

If I saw this as a developer/producer, the first few things that would come to my mind would be:
“These players are taking advantage of my systems and content for their own gain!”
“Players are not getting the content they paid for!”
“This is not how I intended dungeons to work!”

Selling dungeon paths makes it harder for players to experience content said players have paid for while an exclusive set of players benefit from exploiting a demand on said content. Dungeons were not meant to be sold otherwise anet would have put something in place to accomplish it.

Personally, I consider this exploitation.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta