What do you want out of end-game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Faline.8795

Faline.8795

I read a lot of people talking about the new power creep and having to grind new, more powerful gear. They say this was against the original philosophy of GW2.

I know virtually nothing about the game, so I was wondering:

If there is no further advancement, what did you want to do once you hit 80?

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

I keep getting sidetracked. These are the things on my to do list:
1. Finish personal story
2. Finish exploration
3. Finish all dungeons/ paths
4. Play PvP
5. Finish all the jumping puzzles
6. Collect Legendaries
7. Collect various armor sets for the skins. Even with the new Legendary set, I still want the light armor set from TA for my mesmer.
8. Some day have enough gold to buy a commander tag for WvW. (This one is not a priority and may never be completed).

Posted by: Shooopa.5632

Shooopa.5632

To actually reach end-game. Because this game wasn’t meant to be played alone and that’s the only way I’m able to play it. There is NO ONE around.

User will be infracted for this post.

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

New dungeons, new events, better combat than 1 million HP bosses, new monsters, new regions, new story, new quests, new item skin, new craft recipe, mini games, new pvp mode, new collection items

I want monster that are harder to kill because of their AI and mechanics instead of their damage and HP that requires me to go farm an armor to then faceroll it like the rest of the game.

Posted by: Space Cow.2431

Space Cow.2431

In an effort to communicate constructively, and with that last sliver of hope that the developers still care at all, here are my personal thoughts on what new content should look like.

Please contribute as well.

Content Patches:

Do not need to be so frequent. I wouldn’t mind waiting six months to a year and then paying for an expansion pack. Nevertheless, if you want to pursue this route, please look below and consider it a template for smaller, bite-sized chunks.

Expansions:

New skills.
New weapons.
New classes.
New dungeons.
New areas.
New cosmetic grinds.
New story. Especially PERSONAL story.

Posted by: Crater.1625

Crater.1625

I want to play the game, without vertical, mechanical advancement, because it’s fun. I wanted to play old content as long as it remains fun to play again, and I wanted to play new content as it comes out, as long as it’s fun to play.

And if it ever stopped being fun, then I would stop playing – but I would know that, if I decided that I missed the game and wanted to come back to play it again, or if new content was released that did look fun, that I would be able to jump back in and still be maxed out mechanically, without having to go get entirely new gear.

And I wanted to be able to play multiple characters, and use equipment with multiple stat spreads for different kinds of builds on those characters, without having to waste dozens or hundreds of hours running on the treadmill again not only for every new character, but for every new build on those characters. If I wanted to have one character of each class, and I wanted to play two builds on each class that both use a different stat distribution, I would need sixteen sets of equipment. That’s currently (on average) about 15 pieces of equipment per build, which is 226 pieces of equipment. If Exotics cost 2g each, that’s 452 gold. On what Earth is that not an immense, immense grind?
And that’s not taking into account that those are the absolute cheapest Exotics available, so all of those characters would look like hobos unless I multiplied that grind by two or three to get decent looking equipment.

And I would be perfectly content to spend time earning things, if they were cosmetic bonuses. The game currently has a nice curve leading up from baseline Exotics to lower-mid tier Exotics, to mid-end/special Exotics, all the way up to sub-Legendary Exotics that require one to two thirds the investment that a Legendary takes. And, obviously, Legendaries, on top of that.

And there could still be new mechanical progression, even with just one character – just as long as it was horizontal gear progression. As I understand it, there is room in the game’s code for a Polearm class of weapon (a land-based weapon, not Spears). Adding new weapon types so that every class in the game had one new option would be mechanical progression, but as long as those new weapons were balanced with the others, there would be no vertical progression – and if those weapons were also capped at the Exotic level, there would be no enforced grind.
There could be new Runes added to the game, that were different but not more powerful than existing Runes – in fact the Halloween update did add new runes to the game. Did you see anyone complaining about having more progression then? (Why not?)
Or there could be equipment that can switch between different Exotic stat spreads, so I don’t have to dedicate an entire 15-slot bag to carrying around the things I need just to play in two different ways. I would be happy to have my Warrior work on acquiring a gear set that could swap on the fly between Berserker’s and Cleric’s stats, even if it took a long time to acquire.

Long-term, there could be new Utility/Healing/Elite skills, new equipment effects that are different, but not more powerful than existing equipment effects (+Endurance regeneration? +Dodge distance? +Range? What about accessories with no stat bonuses or very small stat bonuses, but can equip a Rune in their upgrade slot instead of just a Jewel, letting you have multiple Rune sets, at the expense of some raw stats?)

There’s a huge wealth of options that ArenaNet could have used when they designed progression moving forward into the game’s lifespan. That they chose the method that is least rewarding, least interesting, and least respectful of their player base is a little galling, to say the least.

Posted by: Burner.1643

Burner.1643

End-game:
Meaningfull places to farm all over the last Orr zone’s with decent rewards !
(this also apply’s to all the other DE’s and zone events)
Cosmetic gear/skins, Town gear, mini games/pets, Halloween/Holiday content wise (this does even sell on the black trading post/gems)

Finally:
Stick to the manifesto !

(edited by Burner.1643)

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Lets see:
– Get better looking gear. I’m thinking stuff that takes even longer to get than Legendary weapons.
– Get achievements.
– Level alts of other classes.
– Find harder content and complete it.

Note that vertical progression goes against my last point because higher stats make everything easier.

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Nothing I dont play game anymore

All I have to say really.

Posted by: Arreyanne.2683

Arreyanne.2683

Hmmm I thought the entire game was end game

Oh thats right it was until yesterday

Posted by: AnemoneMeer.7182

AnemoneMeer.7182

Personally. More fractals style dungeons that, unlike Fractals as is, can be picked between as we see fit, but all still feed into the same token pool for Ascended gear so that players don’t have to grind any one zone/dungeon. Hell, just push the fractal map count up constantly, and this is also fixed.

Karma/Crafted Ascended gear to remove alot of the grind.

Honestly, I’m loving the new content, but think they need to start tying it back to what they were trying to do before all of this. They said they were going to to a degree, but they need to make good on it, preferably quickly.

New skills would be nice, but that’s not so much endgame content as character buffs.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

endgame content.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

Housing would have been a neat addition. WvW was a major portion of my playtime, too. I had been looking forward to finally getting my meandering ranger some exotic gear so I could experience gear parity for the first time ever.

Also, alts, alts, so many alts. I abandoned my level 40 something Sylvari Mesmer solely because I decided Tyria really needs more Charr Mesmers cluttering everything up with giant kitty clones.

Had they put a dungeon finder in, I would have run all the dungeons, not all at once, or day after day 10 hours a day for gear, just when I felt like it. Heck, if they put one in, I’ll still run them. But not if it means stopping whatever I’m doing to stand around spamming ‘lfg’ all day.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

Posted by: Jairyn.6913

Jairyn.6913

New events, new areas, new dungeons, new dungeon paths, everything that was added but ascended/infusions, new armor, new minis, new dyes, housing, GvG, WvW, massive open world “raid” events with more sophistication and difficulty.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Cosmetic gear, classes, races, leveling zones, 80 zones, expansive cities, tradeskills, utility items with cool effects, personal stories, dungeons with themed items, new weapons and skills, new unique challenges, the list can go on.

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

Working skills and traits.

Seriously, ANet needs to divert all their resources to just fixing the professions before they add anything else to expand endgame.

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

Anet will take their overall endgame plans where they will, but I have two specifics I’d like.

1) Proper rewards and reasons to do low level areas. I’m sick and tired of Orr. The undead beach theme just doesn’t do it for me.

2) Appropriate rewards for fighting veteran/champion NPCs.

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

Tbh i would like to have heros return for dungeons tbh.
if the lower dungeons are empty all the time and almost impossible to group,then it would be nice to be able to pick up some heros.

At least we can do dungeons tbh.

Posted by: Blacksarevok.8104

Blacksarevok.8104

I want to be able to do whatever I want whenever I want without feeling like I am missing out.

IE: I should be able to get the best gear from doing enough PVP, dynamic events, dungeons, or crafting. Not being pigeon-holed into one of those things.

Basically, I was fine with things up until this latest update. I don’t mind them adding a new tier of gear, but they needed to make it available from other facets other than the new gimmick mini-dungeons.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Yeah

I like the new dungeon but it’s already starting to wear thin a bit. Not really interested in running it another 200 times at the expense of everything else.

Posted by: Warkupo.1025

Warkupo.1025

I just want to have fun. Whatever you add, it needs to be fun to do.

Follow that philosophy and you won’t often fail. Too badly, anyway.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I want sweet new ways to make money. More farms!

Essentially, endgame content is gearing our characters with the armor skins we want. Dungeon tokens fulfill part of this, but there are many exotics NOT gained from exotic tokens! For many of them, we must farm gold to buy the lodestones and such.

Hence, we need more farms to make money.

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Posted by: Lord Funk.1694

Lord Funk.1694

What I want to do for End-Game:
1. Get maxed on all Craftings.
2. Get best possibe stat gear for doing WvWvW and open world events and not having to feel 2nd rate unless I get the gear from some instance.
3. Do WvWvW.
4. Get more characters classes up to 80 and try them out in WvWvW.
5. Explore all areas and get Completion.
6. Hang with my guild and do events like the World Bosses and WvWvW together as well as just having fun together, socializing.
7. Meet new people in-game that You just randomly run into out in the open world and possibly form long gaming friendships like we have in our guild that spans many years as well as games.
8. Get the Cultural armour pieces I like on the character classes I like and mes around until Im happy with their looks transmuted onto the best possible stat gear.
9. Possibly get new Armor-skins in the future as long as they’re not only available in Dungeons.
10. Possibly finish all jumping Puzzles.

What I Do NOT want to do is:
1. Having to do any instance/Dungeon whatsoever to get some gear with better stats and/or ingredients for crafting.
2. Never having to do instanced/battelground type PvP.

I’ve played MMO’s ever since Beta in Ultima Online (1996) for the Massive Multiplayer Online feeling. Not to play it as if it was a single-player game with multi-player option for just me and 3-24 buddies in instances and instance raids. That to me is not MMO and I feel cut off from the rest of the world for like 1-6 hrs and dont really interact with anyone but a small group. It also makes any MMO map look dead and deserted as people are stuck in their little instances grinding away.

If others want that, fine but never force me by adding better stuff or ingredients only available in instances/dungeons. I leave MMO’s when they take that direction like LoTRO did with radiance for example and don’t return to show my detest for that type of end-game design. I vote with my wallet and never support those game designers again or their company.

Lord Funk of HOD/Holy Order of Dragons game Guild (since 1996/97)

http://hod-home.guildlaunch.com

(edited by Lord Funk.1694)

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

This
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-endgame-reimagined/

-Wardrobe/Armory to collect tons of different statted gear (of the same exotic level) for each occasion/build (armor that will last forever, mind you)
-Wardrobe for different looks
-Something to spend my skillpoints on, like slots to save builds, etc, not bullkitten 250 material mystic forge recipes
- New areas
-New story
- New PvP maps
- New WvW stuff for claimed keeps
- New REAL content
- Keep the events coming, you’ll never hear crap from me due to bugs, stuff not working as intended every now and then
- The whole “we want to make tyria a living breathing world” thing
- New events and stuff to do in ALL zones
- More events that change landscape, etc, that expand on current dynamic events
- Evolution of the world
- Stuff to do with alts (you know i used to have a long term goal to level all classes to 80, but now they screwed that too)
- Other fun activities like minigames
- More skills
- More weapon types
- Classes 100% working and balanced

They can take their time, i’m not in a hurry

They were delivering on everything, the game was doing great except that all of sudden they have decided to take a dump on everything they were doing.

Anything but this gimmicky desperate cutthroat bullkitten. i’d even keep playing without any of the above if they hadn’t done what they did.

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

(edited by Harbard.5738)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Pretty much what Harbard said.
including;
Better Medium armor skins, more assassin-like and skirtless…
Cantha.
Different styles of SPvP that don’t involve the current Capturing points mechanics.
Guild Halls with lotsa customization.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.