What do you want us to do?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kreedz.8127

Kreedz.8127

Q:

I am being sincere when I am asking; What exactly is it you want us to do ArenaNet?

You have capped Karma Events.

You have capped Dungeon Runs.

You have capped loot from killing mobs.

You force us to spam ‘F’ in WvW for badges.

What are we suppose to do? Every farming option you have given us you have subsequently nerfed into obscurity.

What is the point of your Karma, Magic Find, and EXP Boosters if we can’t even utilize the full hour of the effect?

This may just seem like another complaint thread to you, but I am seriously worried with where this game is heading…

You want us to play the game, but you limit the amount of time we can experience it?

I just don’t know any more….

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

Have fun.

Those things you mentioned preventing you from having fun? Play something else if that is the only way you can have fun.

Also be patient. New things are coming. There is no fee, play something else for awhile.

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

Posted by: Krimlin.3257

Krimlin.3257

Thank you for making this post! ArenaNet needs to see what they are doing to ruin their game by putting so many limitations on the game to scare away bots. You prevent bots, yes, but you ruin the game for your customers who paid for the game. Come on ArenaNet, you are ruining your game which will come back and bite you in the butt. Isn’t it clear after all the posts that you are driving your customers AWAY rather than keeping them.

Posted by: Oxe.6142

Oxe.6142

I have found it a touch ironic in a game with Magic Find, they limit the amount of loot you can get.

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

Other games – “this sucks it’s just grind, I don’t pay every month to farm the same instance over and over.”
GW2 – “this sucks, it’s like they don’t even want us to farm, wtf are we supposed to do then?”

I’m not sure I have an answer, I just find the complaint ironic… maybe because I’ve never been hardcore…

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

Indeed, boosters are garbage for the reasons stated above. I have saved mine and honestly wish I could sell them (bound). The diminishing returns on farming really pisses me off more than anything right now. Finding loot, selling loot and killing things is a huge part of this game. If I can’t do that without being punished I need another game to play.

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

They capped events? But I’ve been getting like 290 Karma from every single- Oh wait, I’m not sitting at Pentinent like everyone else is.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

I thought we where supposed to “play the way we want to play”. But I am now seeing that is totally false….

Look I like to run dungeons, hell I even like to run with PUGS in dungeons. I sat in LA watching for LFG tonight and i saw maybe 3 people asking in those 2 hours. I would have even took a CoF Explore run…. but those are now gone.

I don’t get it……

Posted by: Death Aggro.9602

Death Aggro.9602

Thank you for making this post! ArenaNet needs to see what they are doing to ruin their game by putting so many limitations on the game to scare away bots. You prevent bots, yes, but you ruin the game for your customers who paid for the game. Come on ArenaNet, you are ruining your game which will come back and bite you in the butt. Isn’t it clear after all the posts that you are driving your customers AWAY rather than keeping them.

+1

But has anyone noticed they dodge the real question. WHERES THE LOOT? Where is my reward. Why is there such a lack of randon drops that have a neat skin making it more valuble than just the ecto you may be able to pull out of it. 6 yrs in the making and no loot. lol. Visuals can only carry a game so far. It is pretty. But you should have spent less time on looks and more time on rewards. Oh. and your pitiful excuse for dungeons.

Posted by: Aven.7295

Aven.7295

i wonder why, they make a game thats endgame revolves around farming, then say you cant farm…. hmmmmmm

Aven Scorchfield, lvl 80 Guardian
Server: Maguma
Guild: Judgement [Eye]

Posted by: DanZero.4956

DanZero.4956

The show must go on, they need to fix stuff fast or else people are gonna got on that new island…with pandas… sigh

Posted by: Rakettmen.5294

Rakettmen.5294

I agree 100% with the original post. I am a casual gamer but even I find a total lack of things to do since they capped everything. I feel so frustrated cause this game has been so good.. up until I reached level 80 and realized… what’s left? I sincerely hope they find a way around this dilemma with the bots that doesn’t hinder our personal enjoyment.

Posted by: TheChronicGamer.5149

TheChronicGamer.5149

I agree 100% with the original post. I am a casual gamer but even I find a total lack of things to do since they capped everything. I feel so frustrated cause this game has been so good.. up until I reached level 80 and realized… what’s left? I sincerely hope they find a way around this dilemma with the bots that doesn’t hinder our personal enjoyment.

I don’t understand. How are you a casual gamer AND hitting the caps? Honest question, not trying to attack you or anything, I just can’t comprehend it. I play the game pretty much as a job, bare minimum 4 hours a day, and I’ve yet to hit caps.

Now granted, I pretty much just do whatever is appealing to me at the moment, because I find the notion of repeatedly burning my way through 1 piece of content ad nauseam to be antithetical to my idea of fun, but did they seriously set the caps so low that a casual gamer can run out of things to do in their limited playtime?

youtube.com/user/NamasteGaming

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I’m confused. I run events all the time and still get karma. Unless you mean there is some sort of cap for doing the same one over and over again. Then I don’t really care….

Can anyone explain about these supposed caps and how they work?

Posted by: Adzy.8370

Adzy.8370

Have fun.

Those things you mentioned preventing you from having fun? Play something else if that is the only way you can have fun.

Also be patient. New things are coming. There is no fee, play something else for awhile.

Well basically he is trying to say is when you hit level 80, everything you do has limited rewards. Where is the fun in that?

Rakettmen.5294

I don’t understand. How are you a casual gamer AND hitting the caps? Honest question, not trying to attack you or anything, I just can’t comprehend it. I play the game pretty much as a job, bare minimum 4 hours a day, and I’ve yet to hit caps.

Now granted, I pretty much just do whatever is appealing to me at the moment, because I find the notion of repeatedly burning my way through 1 piece of content ad nauseam to be antithetical to my idea of fun, but did they seriously set the caps so low that a casual gamer can run out of things to do in their limited playtime?

Well ive hit 80 because it’s easy to hit 80 which is fine by me. I don’t know what you are doing and why you haven’t reached cap yet and frankly that is none of my business. But to say that I am not a casual gamer (or hint it) because I have hit the cap after the game has been out for almost a month, is for a lack of a better word- naive.

Now on to your question. With regards to having stuff you can do when you are capped, sure you can do stuff, but the rewards for doing those are just not appealing. Let’s say I want to have fun, so i run a dungeon with my friend. After completing the dungeon I spend 5 silver on repairs and make 2-3 silver from the dungeon run. I am actually at a loss from running a dungeon instead of getting rewarded. Try doing dungeon runs now and get back to me.

Posted by: ErkiB.8375

ErkiB.8375

I think Arenanet wants you to stop constantly playing GW2 and do something else for a while.

If you level up to 80 Quickly and ruin the game for yourself, thats on you, Can hardly be blamed on Arenanet. It has only been a month.

Posted by: TheChronicGamer.5149

TheChronicGamer.5149

Well ive hit 80 because it’s easy to hit 80 which is fine by me. I don’t know what you are doing and why you haven’t reached cap yet and frankly that is none of my business. But to say that I am not a casual gamer (or hint it) because I have hit the cap after the game has been out for almost a month, is for a lack of a better word- naive.

Now on to your question. With regards to having stuff you can do when you are capped, sure you can do stuff, but the rewards for doing those are just not appealing. Let’s say I want to have fun, so i run a dungeon with my friend. After completing the dungeon I spend 5 silver on repairs and make 2-3 silver from the dungeon run. I am actually at a loss from running a dungeon instead of getting rewarded. Try doing dungeon runs now and get back to me.

Nah man, I didn’t say I’m not at the LEVEL cap. People in this thread are complaining about karma caps, anti-farm code loot caps, not the level cap.

I’ve been 80 for a few days. I run dungeons when my friends feel like it, as I did while leveling. I go for zone completions when I feel like it, as I did while leveling. I craft when I feel like it, do DE’s when I feel like it, go gathering when I feel like it, WvW, structured… etc.

What I’m saying is, continuing to play the game as I played it 1-80, I haven’t run into any of this stuff, and I’m wondering what other people are doing that they’re running into these karma caps and anti farm code. I get the feeling that some people are trying to force a square peg into a round hole here.

youtube.com/user/NamasteGaming

Rakettmen.5294

I think Arenanet wants you to stop constantly playing GW2 and do something else for a while.

If you level up to 80 Quickly and ruin the game for yourself, thats on you, Can hardly be blamed on Arenanet. It has only been a month.

So basically we get punished for success? Seriously, is this the world we live in? Where mediocrity is rewarded and you are told you ruined the game cause you reached cap? Why can’t you see that we are merely trying to be constructive and point out the problems. Everyone is bound to reach the cap, even people like you who “play the game the way it’s supposed to be played”.

Rakettmen.5294

Nah man, I didn’t say I’m not at the LEVEL cap. People in this thread are complaining about karma caps, anti-farm code loot caps, not the level cap.

I’ve been 80 for a few days. I run dungeons when my friends feel like it, as I did while leveling. I go for zone completions when I feel like it, as I did while leveling. I craft when I feel like it, do DE’s when I feel like it, go gathering when I feel like it, WvW, structured… etc.

What I’m saying is, continuing to play the game as I played it 1-80, I haven’t run into any of this stuff, and I’m wondering what other people are doing that they’re running into these karma caps and anti farm code. I get the feeling that some people are trying to force a square peg into a round hole here.[/quote]

I apologize I misinterpreted your post. Well in terms of the karma code and anti farm code I have no beef with that, although the anti farm code could be tweaked. What I do have a problem with is the dungeon run nerfs, people should get a good feeling after they are successful at running a dungeon and not fearful at what the repair costs would be like cause what they get from it is no where near the repair costs.

Posted by: iniside.4736

iniside.4736

The show must go on, they need to fix stuff fast or else people are gonna got on that new island…with pandas… sigh

I’m waiting eagerly for this to happen. Really.

I’m confused. I run events all the time and still get karma. Unless you mean there is some sort of cap for doing the same one over and over again. Then I don’t really care….
Can anyone explain about these supposed caps and how they work?

It’s supposed to prevent people from sitting in single place and farming the same event over and over again.
I really don’t know what the problem is.
Oh maybe that’s because I don’t sit in single place like a robot and farming the same thing over and over again.

(edited by iniside.4736)

Posted by: Naughty.5064

Naughty.5064

Speaking of boosters. The last 3 magic find boosters i used….they disappeared off my buff line after 15-20 minutes. I guess one hour means 15 minutes.

Posted by: wharone.1809

wharone.1809

Though I’m not 80 yet, I completely agree with you. As someone who’s aspiring to get some of that awesome dungeon armor, hearing about all these changes is really discouraging. One of the reasons I dove into GW2 was the promise of no grind. Though I know this can never be completely true, I always felt there was a good balance before, at least from what I heard.

I don’t completely understand the decreased Karma, since the vendor are sky-high at the end, but I can kind of live with that. Anti-farming I can see to a certain extent, but dungeon coins were also decreased? It’s not like the amounts required for a set were small to begin with! And then the issue of repair costs, it’s basically an absolute disincentive to do it. I like shiny armor, but by god, I have limits. If they gave the same amount of tokens, then maybe it’d be worth it, but with that reduced too, it really seems like they’re making a mess of things where there wasn’t one before!

I really hope they listen and see that this isn’t just complaining for the sake of complaining and see that these are genuine concerns here.

Posted by: Aven.7295

Aven.7295

Players who try hard to play the game and put in extra time to succeed/farm/ or pull ahead in anyway shape or form are punished.

Fanboys claim their doing it wrong…

Attachments:

Aven Scorchfield, lvl 80 Guardian
Server: Maguma
Guild: Judgement [Eye]

Posted by: Kreedz.8127

Kreedz.8127

To elaborate my points a little further for people:

Karma – If you gain X amount of Karma within Z amount of time then any Karma gain from that point onward is diminished and capped at something ridiculously low. Meaning if you steamroll through events, whether it be large groups of short events you will hit cap easily within 20-30 minutes, and the diminished effect will not go away unless you dont do any for 1 hour, and if you do one before the diminished timer finishes it resets it…

Dungeon – They are meant to be rewarding, but the silver and XP gained from completing them has been HALVED, what was 26s for finishing an explorable path is now 13s, and any subsequent runs of the same path further reduced by almost 80% down to 3s… (not to mention the ‘rebalancing’ of certain dungeons have made them extremely difficult and luck based for certain events, cushioned only slightly by skill.)

Loot – Killing mobs in one area for too long yields less and less loot until you finally get NOTHING. at which point you need to go to another area, making it very impractical to farm for certain crafting materials.

WvW – Well, having to loot badges is just a pain, lets be honest here… I want to focus on the battle, not whether a loot bag dropped.

Posted by: Yaptap.7945

Yaptap.7945

This will help cure my addictive personality disorder.

Posted by: Lokai.7850

Lokai.7850

This sounds like going to make collecting materials for crafting even harder then it was… as someone that loves to craft but hates buying the random drops from AH do to over priced nature of them… i farm for my mats alot(plus combats fun so its not so bad) SO basically.. its going to hurt the legit players more?

Posted by: Gareth Porlest.7209

Gareth Porlest.7209

Have fun.

There is a problem with this. This game wasn’t supposed to be “have fun doing this, and this..but none of these things.” It was supposed to be “have fun doing this, this and this..and all this as well.” But if they do certain things to stop you from having fun doing what it is you like doing..that kind of defeats the purpose of the game doesn’t it?

These people designed GW 1, they were with the game for a long time. They know exactly what people like to do and what people did in that game. Yet they try and take it away for this game, why?

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

<sarcasm>Folks, you don’t understand.

They killed WvW with invisible armies. So, for the sake of equality, they had to kill PvE as well. Diminishing returns on everything are just the PvE response to unplayable WvW.</sarcasm>

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Other games – “this sucks it’s just grind, I don’t pay every month to farm the same instance over and over.”
GW2 – “this sucks, it’s like they don’t even want us to farm, wtf are we supposed to do then?”

I’m not sure I have an answer, I just find the complaint ironic… maybe because I’ve never been hardcore…

It’s not the content these people have issues with, it’s the repetition required to reach the reward. They require 42,000 karma to buy the armour in Orr and 62,000 karma for faction weapons but they only give out 320 karma per event (which takes on average 5 minutes and it can be very difficult to find a second one unless you farm known chains). A full set of armour, using Orr karma rewards (the rest of the game rewards significantly less while also offering lower event density as well), will require 787 events. That’s a lot of events. If this was supposed to be a long term goal while completing the world, why does half the game give a trivial amount of karma at level 80? When you require so much karma for the armour set, people are naturally going to invest their time in the most profitable areas. Same work for more reward. ArenaNet designed the world to discourage players from returning to “lower level” content.

It’s hard to tell how many of the people confused by the complaints are actually at level 80 and working towards these goals.