What does Profession Favoritism mean to you?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Q:

We all know it exist and how it has impacted the core game and the professions, in many ways.

So, what does it mean to you?

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

We all know it exists huh? I’m not seeing it.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

to me it means i only play my warrior nowadays.
the rest are good for daily sharkmaw cavern chest.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

“Profession Favoritism” means the favored class reaches the desired target levels of effectiveness in all game modes faster, that the problems of under and over-performance are resolved more quickly and the solutions to those problems are more elegant.

It’s the result of more hands-on experience with the class though play. Its the difference between dramatic, confident changes including those that are perceived as nerfs and timid, lackluster changes even when they are intended to promote a class to a better state.

I think there is a strong case to be made that it’s the difference between the polished feel of Warrior gameplay and haphazard shambling mess that is Ranger gameplay. And the very definite spectrum most players could write in to fill the six rungs on the “Developer attention span” ladder between them.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Mojo.7986

Mojo.7986

Word association? To me it means Warrior.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Who is this “we” and how do “we” all know it exists?

I’ve seen no such thing at all. Were warriors the favorites when the game launched and they were ridiculed for being slightly less than worthless?

Stop whining.

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

I don’t think it exists to be honest.

Ranger is in a really bad shape (even if effective in sPvP, it still relies on a lot of undesirable mechanics) and I think it’s caused by how casual appealing the bow & pet thing is. It could have been a great class with active, multitasking pet control, but I guess that would have alienated A LOT of players.

Out of that, Necros and Engineers are just unfavored by how PvE, and specifically dungeons, have been designed. They’re perfectly fine, for example, for running the tower of nightmares solo or on a small group.
Development of PvE-only skills or a dungeon redesign, with more emphasis on elite packs instead of champions, could solve a lot of issues with them.

Eles only need a bit of sPvP shaving for other classes.

Thieves are probably the only ones who need a bit of love here and there.

The imbalances on WvW are mostly caused by the AoE limit, a tecnical issue which currently seems to have no solution.

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

It means Warrior master race.