What does a PVE Player do?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nuvo.5014

Nuvo.5014

That is my question after u run all the dungeon and finish all ur achievement from the living story what do u do?

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

I’m assuming you mean after you clear all the maps, run the minidungeons and jumping puzzles, explore all the nifty looking areas you won’t see on the map, talk to all the npcs, etc?

Well if you don’t RP and you don’t have fun exploring more or making alts, and you don’t craft and you don’t farm (I don’t do either of those), I guess you try something else for a few weeks and then come back for the next living story chapter.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Work on your personal story? Work on all the other achievements listed? Just a couple off the top of my head. =)

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

this is what is wrong with the game, for me at least, at this moment in time

PvE players get the base game and these once, sometimes twice a month updates that you can complete in a day or two

some of the updates have been HUGE though, halloween, christmas, and southsun cove were amazing……..and i expect this dragon festival to be even better…..but everything in between has been garbage

otherwise, your stuck playing pvp…or going to another game for a while

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

The few hours of new PvE content you get once a month…

Learn to like WvW and/or Fractals, dungeons, PvP…

Posted by: ATC Alpha.4098

ATC Alpha.4098

Semi – Akitten and dance with your legendary weapon in LA.

Edit: why is *A kitten censored lol

Edit2: srsly… *away from keyboard

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I am 100% PVE. I rotate through my lvl 80s in various areas and activities. I am bringing up my thief and necro to 80 very slowly, not too keen on them but they have a certain nagging charm. Living story is not just deeds, in southsun the event rotation is fantastic. If you want to farm it is the best place at the moment. Can also be used to level up low toons since events are popping literally faster than you can run, you also get the chance at event minis to top up your income.

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Try to get realy good at pve. Like, solo Arah p2 good. It is not that hard.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You mean after you’ve explored all the maps 100%, getting both the Been There, Done That title and all the explorer achievements (which require finding the additional areas with no hearts, POIs or anything), done every path of every dungeon at least once, including every Fractal at least once, completed your personal story, done every jumping puzzle and found all the hidden areas for the explorer achievements, fought all the world bosses and gotten all their achievements, done all the currently available Living Story content and gotten all the armor sets, weapon skins etc. that you want and finished any other achievements you want?

Then yeah, I guess you have run out of things to do until the next Living Story chapter is added. But even rushing through things you’ll have played a few thousand hours to get to that point so I don’t think it’d really be anything to complain about.

Plus you can always try your hand at WvW and PvP, or create an alt and try different personal stories and play styles.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

start playing WWW

Posted by: Batdogi.7142

Batdogi.7142

I still haven’t finished all the dungeon content, But I would say more of the other stuff I do. Guild events, search out vistas in regions I haven’t spent much time in, help guildies out on their personal story stuff, level Alts. Also level a craft I haven’t done yet on an Alt(helps with leveling too). Try to improve on my inability to do jump puzzles.

And honestly there’s no reason not to take a break from PvE and futz around in WvWvW or sPvP or even wait for the new living story chapter to come around.

“Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.”
? Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Posted by: SandruDaniel.4386

SandruDaniel.4386

Learn to solo all dungeons ^^ Than you a truly “Dungeon Master”