What does downed health food do?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

Hi!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Fire_Salsa

I wonder what this food actually does. I have asked several people and gotten 3 different answers:

1. It doubles your downed health pool and also your actual health when you go down. Downed health pool normally is 3x health pool and with this food its 6x health pool. -> Reviving you is as fast as normally, but killing you with damage is twice as hard.

2. It does not change your maximum health, but when you go down you are closer to being revived than normally. -> You are faster to revive.

3. It doubles your downed health pool, but does nothing else. -> Reviving you becomes slower.

What does it really do? How do you know (I have heard many answers and would like to know why your answer is the right one).

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Why not just go and test? Speed can easily be checked using a stopwatch. The size of the health pool can be checked by adding the numbers from the combat log. If you have access to a guild arena it can be even easier to check.

Coinhead.7591

I guess I could test the revive times, good point on that, but how exactly would you test the size of downed HP pool?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Can’t you look at your health bar? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Downed_penalty

I’m thinking that’s your downed health pool.

Coinhead.7591

No, when you go down you see something like this: http://guides.gamepressure.com/guildwars2/gfx/word/1764179125.jpg

It doesn’t show how much HP you have.

Khisanth.2948

I guess I could test the revive times, good point on that, but how exactly would you test the size of downed HP pool?

Get downed. Have someone ress you and have them check the amount of healing per tick from the ress.

Eat the food and repeat previous step.

Each tick from the ress heals for 3% so it is easy to figure out the total.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I guess those pix are very old, then. Probably should be updated. =)

Khisanth.2948

I guess those pix are very old, then. Probably should be updated. =)

The wiki picture is just showing the effects of downed penalty.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Oh, I see.

So, is the downed health pool 3x max health minus 2.5% of max health (not 3x max health) every second?

So, if max health was 10,000, then downed health pool is 30,000 minus 250 every second?