What does future hold for gw2?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I know you guys have this silence policy on future development of the game, which imo, is a double edged sword. But for me, the time has come where i need to know if there’s any hope in the near future that we are going to see Tyria opened up and if I should continue to invest myself into this game.

I felt cramped year into the game and i’ve hang in there patiently waiting for more world to explore and new things to do, but i’m afraid my hopes are really stating to fade now. Can you not give us some inkling of hope here please?

I really don’t want to stop playing gw2, as i do love the game and feel it has barely began to expand and that is the problem for me. I have reached a stage where I now need to see more as I’ve already traversed the revealed land of Tyria thousands of times and anyone would get bored of that.

I know some will come here and tell me to take a break and I do play gw2 less and less these days, but I stress these points because i’m the type of person that once i lose interest in a game and stop playing it completely, i usually never go back to it. It’s just the way I am and as i said, I really don’t want that to happen with gw2.

I believe that your veteran players like myself, have been extremely patient and I for one have supported the game as much as i could and whenever i could and i would like to see some greater results for my investment into the game. I do think it’s about time we hear some news from you guys regarding the future development of gw2 if you would like us to stick by you.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I really don’t want to stop playing gw2

You don’t have to stop playing forever.

I know some will come here and tell me to take a break and I do play gw2 less and less these days, but … i’m the type of person that once i lose interest in a game and stop playing it completely, i usually never go back to it. It’s just the way I am and as i said, I really don’t want that to happen with gw2.

You act as though you have no control over this. You are aware that you’re the only thing stopping yourself?

I believe that your veteran players like myself, have been extremely patient and … I do think it’s about time we hear some news from you guys regarding the future development of gw2 if you would like us to stick by you.

“Stick by them” how? As a game without a subscription plan, there is no reason you should feel obligated to be playing or not at any given time. Come and go as you please, that’s the point.

If you’re tired of GW2, play a different game, until there’s an update and you want to play again. Or maybe you haven’t exhausted everything there is to do in the game, and you could expand the scope of your interests to match the other content. Whatever it is, you’re just artificially limiting yourself.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

We will get more LS chapters, a few holiday events and that is probably it for the next six months and I don’t think those updates will be all that significant.

It’s all become very lackluster, and feels low-budget to me.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

I’m like you op, although I love the game I feel that it has stagnated and due to the lack of any formal announcement of a major content update it is somewhat disheartening. That being said, I have found a couple of interesting things as of late, firstly the list of positions from the NCSoft for the ArenaNet, Bellevue, WA site;

•ArenaNet Programming Internship 2014
•Cinematic Animator (Contract)
•Data Analyst
•Economic Systems Designer
•Gameplay Programmer
•General Programmer
•German Linguistic QA Tester
•Head of Customer Support
•Marketing Production Manager
•Motion Graphics Artist
•Physics Programmer
•Public Relations Manager
•QA – Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test
•Quality Assurance Tester (Compatibility Lab)
•Senior Animator
•Spanish Linguistic QA
•Tools Programmer
•UI/UX Designer
•Web Programmer

Three of which are temporary, 1 year with the most interesting being the PR Manager role. This seems to coincide with a temporary major project such as an expansion. That being said I also saw some less than favorable reviews from former employees about NCSoft specifically pointing out the disconnect with the West which could be a sign that this unpopular policy is not Anet driven. It would be great to know because at least then we could rail against the right people lol!

Of course all of this is speculation but at this point it’s all we have left.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Applied for 3 different posts, never got an answer, so I assume my education is not good enough and/or they are not that short on staff xD

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

danm, “guy who gets coffee and actually cares about the game” isn’t on the list
maybe next year. .

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: sonicwhip.9052

sonicwhip.9052

The future for this game holds more living story updates that can be completed in 30 minutes. No expansion. No new classes,races,etc. More lackluster feature packs that only bring cosmetic changes and no additions to the core gameplay.
I know where my mmo gaming future is taking me and its called Archeage.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

ArenaNet’s vision for the future has been made clear in five short words.

“Nothing is off the table.” -Mike Zarodojny, originally 2013, reiterated beginning of this year

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

As a game without a subscription plan, there is no reason you should feel obligated to be playing or not at any given time. Come and go as you please, that’s the point.

I’ve seen this typed so many times, it’s absolutely frustration to read. It is not that simple! ArenaNet breaks into my house at night, presses a gun to my head and demands that I buy Gems!

Terrible policy.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

As a game without a subscription plan, there is no reason you should feel obligated to be playing or not at any given time. Come and go as you please, that’s the point.

I’ve seen this typed so many times, it’s absolutely frustration to read. It is not that simple! ArenaNet breaks into my house at night, presses a gun to my head and demands that I buy Gems!

Terrible policy.

Hmmm have you talked to the police about this?

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Terrible policy.

I have made precisely seven calls to the police about Josh Foreman and Colin Johnson’s B&E, assault, battery, and animal abuse. They won’t lift a finger, because ARENANET OWNS THE POLICE!

That horse head they left in my bed was pretty tasty, though, kind of a mixed blessing.

Tiger Ashante.1792

Terrible policy.

I have made precisely seven calls to the police about Josh Foreman and Colin Johnson’s B&E, assault, battery, and animal abuse. They won’t lift a finger, because ARENANET OWNS THE POLICE!

That horse head they left in my bed was pretty tasty, though, kind of a mixed blessing.

Well aren’t you two smart Alecs. All ready and keyed up to make fun of somebody genuinely interested in the future of this game.

I don’t believe i wrote anything in my post that should elicit such sarcasm or smarty pants comments from you two. How dare I ask, after two years of supporting the game, for some kinda of road map on what we as players can expect. I don’t need details, just want to hear if there is something major to look forward to. i think that’s a pretty normal expectation.

I’m sick an tired of people like you constantly coming up with the same ol rehashed saying on these forums, this is not a sub game and no one is forcing u to play it or spend any money on it. Technically that is true, but if everyone thought as u do, there would be no gw2. Well not anymore anyway.

I support the game b/c i don’t believe paying a box price should entitle me to free content for evermore and i’m quite happy to dish out some money Anet’s way if my money is being used to expand the game in a true sense of the word.

And b/c I’ve invested a fair bit of money and most importantly a lot of time into this game that’s still relatively young (in hope of it being expanded further), i don’t want to leave it as yet and would like to know what to expect from it in the near future. I don’t believe these are such unreasonable expectations that it should bring on people like you full of derision in disguise of some cheap comedy. if I had to hazard a guess, you do not have gw2 interests at heart talking the way u do, but that’s just my personal feeling.

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

I’m like you op, although I love the game I feel that it has stagnated and due to the lack of any formal announcement of a major content update it is somewhat disheartening. That being said, I have found a couple of interesting things as of late, firstly the list of positions from the NCSoft for the ArenaNet, Bellevue, WA site;

•Data Analyst
•Gameplay Programmer
•General Programmer
•Motion Graphics Artist
•Physics Programmer
•Senior Animator
•Spanish Linguistic QA
•Tools Programmer
•UI/UX Designer
•Web Programmer

Three of which are temporary, 1 year with the most interesting being the PR Manager role. This seems to coincide with a temporary major project such as an expansion. That being said I also saw some less than favorable reviews from former employees about NCSoft specifically pointing out the disconnect with the West which could be a sign that this unpopular policy is not Anet driven. It would be great to know because at least then we could rail against the right people lol!

A new narrative lead (Leah Hoyer) joined the team recently. She worked on some Disney stuff.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

If there is’nt a proper expansion by mid next year I’d say I will be done with the game. The LS is a massive fail for me in this regard. I’m ravenous for some substantial new content. New classes, skills, weapons, races, areas, etc on an expansion level, not this drip-fed nonsense with a back piece reward on the side.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Tiger Ashante.1792

If there is’nt a proper expansion by mid next year I’d say I will be done with the game. The LS is a massive fail for me in this regard. I’m ravenous for some substantial new content. New classes, skills, weapons, races, areas, etc on an expansion level, not this drip-fed nonsense with a back piece reward on the side.

Yea, i kinda feel the same. Although i don’t mind the living story, for most part, it just isn’t enough for some 1 like me who’s been around since the start. You get it done all to quick and then back to the same ol same ol.

Dry top is nice, but way too small and it soon becames too cramped and repetitive, despite its beauty. The events themselves there have little story to them and hence just good farming events. What I would give for an expansion like Elona! Omg, it would be such a joy to hear something like that announced.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I still play the game, but nowhere near as often and ^^^^^^^ is why. I hold out some hope still though, not giving up yet.

Tiger Ashante.1792

•Data Analyst
•Gameplay Programmer
•General Programmer
•Motion Graphics Artist
•Physics Programmer
•Senior Animator
•Spanish Linguistic QA
•Tools Programmer
•UI/UX Designer
•Web Programmer

That list looks both promising and pessimistic at the same time. Promising that they’re still hiring people and pessimistic if they’re only hiring now for a possible expansion, we have a long wait ahead of us. But ultimately, I wouldn’t mind waiting if I knew, that say, a real expansion is in the works.

But tbh, i’ve seen those type of lists b4 and they don’t really tell us much of anything for certain.