Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

I cant get anything useful out of it );

Attachments:

What does the 1% do with the dye pack?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

Save it for when new dyes get released. Maybe it will include future sets.

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

It is already missing the shadow set, and there is a post about that and how it probably wont be updated to include new sets, but would be nice to have confirmation.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

You should buy me a Queen Bee – it will help reduce your funds so maybe a year from now you will have use for the 4th Bday gift.

Posted by: Holesale.2640

Holesale.2640

Save it for when new dyes get released. Maybe it will include future sets.

Yeah..mhm

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

By god, that is the most beautiful Charr I’ve ever seen.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

The same thing we all do with our extra Queen Jennahs.

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Thanks bluestocking.6148

Posted by: ZeroPaws.2059

ZeroPaws.2059

I say save it anet might do something with it to all the ppl that have 0 use for it … Also btw that charr is so FAB <3

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I’m not sure I should respond seriously to somebody who is clearly humblebragging.

The Zephyite Dye Swatches that you can pick are not account bound.

Sadly, no Abyss/Black/Celestial or white choices available to pick, but there are still some good $$ choices left. I had 2 free birthday dye kits after completing my set of cash shop dyes, and I used these to give me dyes that immediately sold for 30 gold.

This was a great bonus to me, a loyal cash shop dye customer. But, if this was not anet’s intention to grant people sellable dyes, the information is now on the forums awaiting a fix.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

…you’re beautiful.

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

I’m not sure I should respond seriously to somebody who is clearly humblebragging.

I don’t think calling himself the 1% and showing off all his rare dyes is a humblebrag. That’s kind of just a regularbrag.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It is already missing the shadow set, and there is a post about that and how it probably wont be updated to include new sets, but would be nice to have confirmation.

Are you saying that there’s an official ANet response already?

As far as I’ve seen, it’s just us players speculating about what might happen (ANet tends to forget to update stuff like this, says one group).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i recommend buying the hue.

hue.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

@nekretaal.6485 and @Captain Unusual.9163 I did not come here to brag or humble myself. I came to see if a dev would respond as to whether there will be or not any use for this item in the future for the few people in the game who do have all the dyes unlocked. From what it seems like you are just a salty someone has something over you and feel better being a bully about it on the internet, this community from what I remember would have instead said, “wow, congrats on your achievement of unlocking all the dyes, I hope you find a use for that item.”
@Illconceived Was Na.9781 There hasn’t been a response from a dev as I aware, there is just a post where players are assuming they wont put effort into updating the item to include the shadow dyes.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

To most of us the 30 gold from nekretaal’s suggestion would be ‘something useful’. Even if it is not useful to you, it is still way more than we got before.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Why are people assuming you are bragging? You collected all the dyes for a reason (be it a desire to have them all, the freedom to use any dye or just being a completionist) and now you got a completely useless birthday gift.

I assume that the wise men at Arenanet calculated that the 1% as you called us will not make a big enough problem out of the useless gift they gave us and the 99% who get their dyes for free will tell us to go and kitten ourselves anyway.

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

I figure the 1% will delete it or toss it in their bank in hopes of it having a use in the future, and then they will go and dive into their giant vault of money Scrooge McDuck-style.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

and now you got a completely useless birthday gift.

Do you honestly call something you can sell on the TP for 30 gold useless???

#firstworldproblems

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Why do I have the urge to hum “Somewhere over the rainbow” after watching your charr, OP?

Well played, good sir. 10/10, would watch and be astounded again^^

serenke.4806

#firstworldproblems

I do. Granted, Anet has pulled off the same stunt several times before, but if they hand out dye kits, why not just give 30g to everyone?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

#firstworldproblems

I do. Granted, Anet has pulled off the same stunt several times before, but if they hand out dye kits, why not just give 30g to everyone?

Because selling a dye on the tp for 30g doesnt create new gold, in fact, it acts as a gold sink with paid fees and taxes.
Giving 30g directly to each player would be a huge gold faucet, only adding to inflation.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

serenke.4806

I figure the 1% will delete it or toss it in their bank in hopes of it having a use in the future, and then they will go and dive into their giant vault of money Scrooge McDuck-style.

I have to comment on that vault of money. I am not playing the tp and i saved up for my dyes, sometimes i spent more, sometimes less but i always acquired all the dyes when they came out (you know, collecting stuff).

The idea that people who have all the dyes are rich Scrooges is just simply wrong.
And now since everyone and their dog can get dyes for free, i would like Anet to hand out any mini of your choice next year. I want those mini karka hatchlings for free that mini collectors paid insane sums for.

serenke.4806

#firstworldproblems

Because selling a dye on the tp for 30g doesnt create new gold, in fact, it acts as a gold sink with paid fees and taxes.
Giving 30g directly to each player would be a huge gold faucet, only adding to inflation.

I quite honestly don’t care about the big economic impact, just like anet does not give a rusty cent about the consequences of their actions either.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

#firstworldproblems

I quite honestly don’t care about the big economic impact, just like anet does not give a rusty cent about the consequences of their actions either.

You asked, I answered.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

#firstworldproblems

Because to the majority of players, a shiny new dye does in fact feel much nicer than some generic gold coins. The 30g is just the “consolation” price for the unfortunate few who have so many riches (either in gold or in unlocked dyes) that they don’t care for a new exclusive dye any more.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

1% ?
I think its more likely 0,0000000000001% x) . Either way, i second Eponet.4829. Sadly, things like that happens :|

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

#firstworldproblems

I admit to being a little slow, but aren’t the dyes from the birthday gift account bound?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

#firstworldproblems

I admit to being a little slow, but aren’t the dyes from the birthday gift account bound?

nekretaal claimed that the Zephyite Dyes are not account bound and that he sold his choices for 30 gold. Other people picked up this comment from there. I’m not sure if he made a mistake or if those dyes are actually sellable. It was my understanding that all dyes from that gift are account bound.

The Zephyite Dye Swatches that you can pick are not account bound.
Sadly, no Abyss/Black/Celestial or white choices available to pick, but there are still some good $$ choices left. I had 2 free birthday dye kits after completing my set of cash shop dyes, and I used these to give me dyes that immediately sold for 30 gold.
This was a great bonus to me, a loyal cash shop dye customer. But, if this was not anet’s intention to grant people sellable dyes, the information is now on the forums awaiting a fix.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Gesundheit

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

#firstworldproblems

Careful, I got infracted for making that exact same comment.

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

nekretaal claimed that the Zephyite Dyes are not account bound and that he sold his choices for 30 gold. Other people picked up this comment from there. I’m not sure if he made a mistake or if those dyes are actually sellable. It was my understanding that all dyes from that gift are account bound.

From the wiki:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Celebratory_Dye_Pack

at the bottom:
The Zephyrite Color Swatches give a selection of unbound dyes.

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

From the wiki:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Celebratory_Dye_Pack

at the bottom:
The Zephyrite Color Swatches give a selection of unbound dyes.

Thanks for finding that. I guess this is the answer to those with all dyes. Choose the highest priced dye from that set and sell it on the trading post.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Just to clarify.

(1) After unlocking all the cash Shop dyes, I had 2 dye kits left over
(2) The dyes from the Zephyrite Color Swatch are not account bound so you can sell them
(3) I decided to pick two “Midnight Ice” dyes
(4) I sold one Midnight Ice to buy order for 14.5 Gold and one to sell order for 15.5 gold

(5) I made sure both dyes actually sold before posting here that Zephyrite dyes are sellable (the one on sell order sold in 15 minutes)

My advice to the OP, to the 1% and to the mule accounts is to pick sellable dyes from the Zephyrite dye swatch. I don’t think future dyes will be added, but if they are I got more characters with birthdays coming!

#24 leaderboard rank North America.