What does this video mean to you?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Revolution.6301

Revolution.6301

Does this video represent what you think of Guild Wars 2?

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Is it really necessary to keep making these same exact threads? No, the manifesto is complete bullcrap, let’s just leave it at that.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Revolution.6301

Well it is, because what is said in that trailer simply is not the game.

I don’t hate the game, I just don’t being told I’m getting a banana cream pie to be suddently given a hershy’s kiss instead.

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

I appreciate that the link led me to other trailers for other games which I’ll get and play instead of this kitten.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

lies, lies everywhere! shame!

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Revolution.6301

I think that most of us really hoped that at least 60-70% of what they were saying were true. But its not.

One of my favourite claims are that they are against mobs respawning 10 minutes later to be killed. Oh I understand so 1 hour is better right? Well it is 6x more. This contridicts what they said about that. And yes no one cares if we killed it and yes thousands are doing the same thing. How do I know? IN MY OWN SERVER I get put into overflow server because so many are doing the SAME event.

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

I think that most of us really hoped that at least 60-70% of what they were saying were true. But its not.

One of my favourite claims are that they are against mobs respawning 10 minutes later to be killed. Oh I understand so 1 hour is better right? Well it is 6x more. This contridicts what they said about that. And yes no one cares if we killed it and yes thousands are doing the same thing. How do I know? IN MY OWN SERVER I get put into overflow server because so many are doing the SAME event.

I feel like they just made me notice it even more. Hey I saved that seraph group from spiders. I went to the bathroom, I came back, I had to save them from spiders AGAIN.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

Honestly, I don’t think you make these posts for feedback.

We know, we don’t need you to tell us another 1000 kitten times

Then again what can I say? These forums are as constructive as the commenting section under every YouTube video. So if these forums give you the attention you crave, all the power to you.

Posted by: Rifter.6591

Rifter.6591

Yeah i would say iots obvious at this point that the Manifesto was nothing more than a marketing ploy to try and gather intrest and get people to prepurchase the game.

Its filled with lies, i mean seriously no gear treadmill and it took them what like 2 months to add ascended gear? LOL

Im not saying this is a bad game, i do enjoy it, but Anet is definatly not to be trusted to keep there word.

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

dont get me wrong, i like this game..instead is the only game i play atm since is free after all and is good time silk, but dude: that colin johanson or wtv hes name is, is no to be trusted anymore. i hate when they use marketing ploy to cheat on me.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Rifter.6591

dont get me wrong, i like this game..instead is the only game i play atm since is free after all and is good time silk, but dude: that colin johanson or wtv hes name is, is no to be trusted anymore. i hate when they use marketing ploy to cheat on me.

The chick isnt any better, i mean seriously she talked about changing the world, lasting effects, people remembering you helped their village?

Its all complete load of kitten. You rescue a village and 10 min later its under attack again, you save someone farm and 10 min later its under attack again, there is ZERO permanent changes like she is talking about in this game.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I don’t hate the game, I just don’t being told I’m getting a banana cream pie to be suddently given a hershy’s kiss instead.

Yeah, that’s reaching with that analogy.

Didn’t this post already come around before? I mean, I even left messages on it any everything. Please tell me it’s not the meds again.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Rifter.6591

Didn’t this post already come around before? I mean, I even left messages on it any everything. Please tell me it’s not the meds again.

No you arnt nuts i posted in the last one too, they keep deleting them though. Apparantly they cant live with the fact that they lied in the video and its being brought up on the forums. Easy solution would be not to have lied in the first place.

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

LOL this video has been posted at least more than 10 times the past months

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

No you arnt nuts i posted in the last one too, they keep deleting them though. Apparantly they cant live with the fact that they lied in the video and its being brought up on the forums. Easy solution would be not to have lied in the first place.

. . . “lied” is what went on with WarZ. This is more “making promises they didn’t keep”, if you choose to see it that way. I saw it as ambitious, but ultimately doomed to fall short.

But then, I also like the game so I’m not qualified to talk about it

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

“manifesto – a public declaration of intentions "

And that was it, are we done now with these silly threads?

Some thought provoking quote

Heijincks.9267

While I disagree that they lied in their manifesto, this opinion that they did is widely shared amongst a lot of people on this forum. Combine that with Revolution’s tendency to beat dead horses, I think this thread is simply for attention because we all saw how much attention the other one got.

Rifter.6591

. . . “lied” is what went on with WarZ. This is more “making promises they didn’t keep”, if you choose to see it that way. I saw it as ambitious, but ultimately doomed to fall short.

To tell you the truth ill give colin a pass for that video as he explained later the grind he was talking about was the combat mechanics. So most of what he said in that context was mostly correct, perhaps the game fell short of what he was talking about but in that context i can give out a pass.

But the chick talking about permanent changes to the world, people remembering your character etc, is just outright lies. When was the last time you did a event and saved a town then came back a hour later and someone remembered you? After you come back a hour later its going to be on its third or fourth re-take town event by then.

And obviously the artowrk is downright amazing so that part was also true.

Rifter.6591

Combine that with Revolution’s tendency to beat dead horses, I think this thread is simply for attention because we all saw how much attention the other one got.

Its almosy like he’s trying to organize a…… Revolution!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It would probably be pointless to point out (again, because this is just a repeat thread) that after this was made, there was a clarification posted. Due to editing it can be a bit confusing. Ree is talking about the personal story and Colin is talking about the dynamic events. Of course, context means nothing to people who make these kinds of posts.

That’s why the part about grind is so often taken out of context. Colin is saying there are fun things to do right away, as opposed to other games. You don’t have to wait till you’re geared up at max level to fight giant bosses, and that’s completely true. The Shadow Behemoth is in a starter zone and it’s one of the coolest bosses in the game.

Not to mention the fact that a manifesto isn’t an advertisement, but a statement of intent, before something happens. kitten changes all the time. That’s why the constitution has amendments. MMOs change all the time. This game keeps changing, often for the better

Anyway, after watching this again, I think it’s pretty much spot on. I think that Anet did, within the boundaries of existing technology, pretty much what they set out to do.

Some people can’t see it, because they’re taking individual words out of context, or simply not understanding the context surrounding the words in the first place.

Posted by: TommyProvolone.3715

TommyProvolone.3715

To tell you the truth ill give colin a pass for that video as he explained later the grind he was talking about was the combat mechanics. So most of what he said in that context was mostly correct, perhaps the game fell short of what he was talking about but in that context i can give out a pass.

But the chick talking about permanent changes to the world, people remembering your character etc, is just outright lies. When was the last time you did a event and saved a town then came back a hour later and someone remembered you? After you come back a hour later its going to be on its third or fourth re-take town event by then.

And obviously the artowrk is downright amazing so that part was also true.

you should keep in mind that the video is quite a few years old, and sometimes things the developers want in the game don’t always end up in the final product.

Rifter.6591

It would probably be pointless to point out (again, because this is just a repeat thread) that after this was made, there was a clarification posted. Due to editing it can be a bit confusing. Ree is talking about the personal story and Colin is talking about the dynamic events. Of course, context means nothing to people who make these kinds of posts.

That’s why the part about grind is so often taken out of context. Colin is saying there are fun things to do right away, as opposed to other games. You don’t have to wait till you’re geared up at max level to fight giant bosses, and that’s completely true. The Shadow Behemoth is in a starter zone and it’s one of the coolest bosses in the game.

Not to mention the fact that a manifesto isn’t an advertisement, but a statement of intent, before something happens. kitten changes all the time. That’s why the constitution has amendments. MMOs change all the time. This game keeps changing, often for the better

Anyway, after watching this again, I think it’s pretty much spot on. I think that Anet did, within the boundaries of existing technology, pretty much what they set out to do.

Some people can’t see it, because they’re taking individual words out of context, or simply not understanding the context surrounding the words in the first place.

Got a link? ive seen the clarification about what colin said but nothing on the story/permanent changes mentioned by Ree.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yeah, that was the part I went “this will be awesome if they can pull it off” and then I remembered this was to be an MMO. I probably wasn’t going to see it to the super-hyped-up extent people were drooling over.

. . . mostly because this isn’t my tabletop group, and I really don’t expect it to be possible short of doing that.

Rifter.6591

Yeah, that was the part I went “this will be awesome if they can pull it off” and then I remembered this was to be an MMO. I probably wasn’t going to see it to the super-hyped-up extent people were drooling over.

. . . mostly because this isn’t my tabletop group, and I really don’t expect it to be possible short of doing that.

The thing is they should have realized that without seperate instanced events for each character that what they said in that video was literally impossible, you cant have permanent changes to the world and dynamic world events at the same time, its just not possible. This obviously gave alot of people false hope, which i think is exactly what the video was designed to do, give false hope and generate sales. The sad thing is the game is more than good enough to do that without stooping to the level of lieing about it.

Also as mentioned above as explained later about the grind line, which is often taken way out of context, they could have explained what colin was talking about a lot better and it would have saved them ALOT of backlash.

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

@The part where NPCs remember you and the world changes around you, that was supposed to be your “home” instance. But I remember reading somewhere that it was put on halt due to time constraints and other things taking priority.

Anyways, it’s a manifesto. It shows their intent, plans, hopes for the game they’re making. As far as I can tell, they kept as well as they could to these goals where time and skill permits. They’re still very much working on the game and improving it towards these goals.

And, this thread has been brought up several times already. Revolution, you’re getting the same crowd over and over, and you should realize by now that you’re getting the same responses. Nothing’s going to change if you keep asking the same question over and over. It’s like saying “Are we there yet?”x20 and it doesn’t really promote healthy debate because the good debate has already been done, and people get tired of repeating.

Just something for you to think about before bringing up topics that have been discussed in the past a ton.

Vayne.8563

Got a link? ive seen the clarification about what colin said but nothing on the story/permanent changes mentioned by Ree.

I sure don’t have a link. This was years ago when that statement came out. Not even sure where to find it, but I’m pretty sure it was on guru. If not it was on Reddit.com. I remember it clearly, but how you’d find it after this much time, I have no idea. But watch it again, and assign the values of dynamic events to Colin and personal story to Ree and it all makes perfect sense. The editing of the video makes it less clear, but once you know it, it’s obvious.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Also as mentioned above as explained later about the grind line, which is often taken way out of context, they could have explained what colin was talking about a lot better and it would have saved them ALOT of backlash.

No it wouldn’t have. It just would have been heralded as “them making excuses” and trampled over all the same. Or calling them hypocrites just as much as is going on now.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Is it really necessary to keep making these same exact threads?

Nope.

Nope.

One of my favourite claims are that they are against mobs respawning 10 minutes later to be killed. Oh I understand so 1 hour is better right? Well it is 6x more. This contridicts what they said about that. IN MY OWN SERVER I get put into overflow server because so many are doing the SAME event.

Hold it. Sounds like more then a few someones are having a good time if the event is so popular that you’re being dumped into an overflow as a result.

So much for that whole ‘the game is dying’ thing you people were harping on no less then a month or so ago.

And yes no one cares if we killed it and yes thousands are doing the same thing.

The chick isnt any better, i mean seriously she talked about changing the world, lasting effects, people remembering you helped their village?

Its all complete load of kitten. You rescue a village and 10 min later its under attack again, you save someone farm and 10 min later its under attack again, there is ZERO permanent changes like she is talking about in this game.

The NPC’s care, BTW. That’s the point. It’s a story.

Several send you a thank you note, with money, and those folks aren’t in the most dire of straights they were in prior to your assistance.

You can’t replay the hearts. You had a permanent impact.

But no I seriously doubt most event farmers or even folks not big on the game lore give two kittens about any of it in general, let alone stuck around long enough to hear or else read the event conclusion dialogue.

I wonder how many actually took the time to read those letters?

Yes, the world events restart after a bit. What else did you expect to happen? One time Kralkatorrik general fight?

Build a bridge and get over it.

Rifter.6591

No it wouldn’t have. It just would have been heralded as “them making excuses” and trampled over all the same. Or calling them hypocrites just as much as is going on now.

Im sure much of that would still happen yes, but had i know what the hell he was talking about the first time i wateched it i can tell you it would have changed my views about the game dramatically.

I was a latecomer to the game started at xmas, knew a few people who played it but hadnt got any real info about it.

So I looked up some trailers, marketing info etc to learn about the game before i played it, i watched the manifesto video and was very excited about the game and actually rather pumped up, more so than i have been for any other game in years.

And for the first part of my game experiance for the first 20 levels or so i was just amazed, the artwork was amazing, the combty was fun, the story line was cool to.

Then as i started to learn more about the endgame, and game mechanics, and world events. I started to realize that nothing said in the manifesto was true at all other than the artwrk portion and i got rather bitter. Note that this was before i read any clarification of the video and was taking it at face value as it was presented. And ive got to admit i came very very close to quitting the game at that time, just chalking the $60 up to being miseld by BS marketing and moving on.

Then i read the clairification of what colin said, got less upset about it, and continued to play, have even bought some gems to support Anet(actually to support the art department, the rest of anet not so much).

Had i known from the getgo what colin was talking about, and what Ree was talking about i can tell you it would have saved me alot of aggrivation.

Vayne.8563

Hahaha your posts are all great lololol!

There wouldn’t be a need for a thread like this if they didn’t lie to all of us. Look at world events, or even the centuars. Nothing is permenent, the mmo world doesn’t change and you don’t feel like the hero.

I’m just bringing up this issue because its clear they lied to us to the point where its almost laughable not one delevelper has commented on these kinds of threads. They ignore them and really really REALLY hope they go away like an annoying cold.

They didn’t lie to us, you just have no understanding of what they were saying, which is fine.

At the very worst, they intended to do something things that didn’t work out, which isn’t a lie (you should look up lie in the dictionary before you use the word).

If I tell my kids we’re going to the movies tonight and suddenly I’m called into work and I can’t take them, I didn’t lie. Because when I said it, I had every intention of taking them to the movies. The situation changed.

Half the stuff you claim is a lie is simply you assigning context to things that don’t exist. The other half is stuff that was changed in ways the developers didn’t expect to have to change things.

In order to call something a lie, you first have to prove intent to deceive. You don’t have it.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Well one developer did comment on this issue a while ago, though not an ArenaNet one, just to say “yeah, I didn’t expect they could do that”.

Rifter.6591

Nope.

Nope.

One of my favourite claims are that they are against mobs respawning 10 minutes later to be killed. Oh I understand so 1 hour is better right? Well it is 6x more. This contridicts what they said about that. IN MY OWN SERVER I get put into overflow server because so many are doing the SAME event.

Hold it. Sounds like more then a few someones are having a good time if the event is so popular that you’re being dumped into an overflow as a result.

So much for that whole ‘the game is dying’ thing you people were harping on no less then a month or so ago.

And yes no one cares if we killed it and yes thousands are doing the same thing.

Several send you a thank you note, with money, and those folks aren’t in the most dire of straights they were in prior to your assistance.

But no I seriously doubt most event farmers or even folks not big on the game lore give two kittens about any of it in general, let alone stuck around long enough to hear or else read the event conclusion dialogue.

Yes, the world events restart after a bit. What else did you expect to happen? One time Kralkatorrik general fight?

Even the hearts arnt permanent changes, sure you are done it after you kill X centars or bandits or collect X items or whatever the situation is and then you are done.

But those centars/bandits/whatever are still attacking and burning the farm, long after you have “saved” it.

I realize that this would be very hard to implement in a MMO which is also why i think they should have left that part of the video where it belong, as nothing more than a dream of a game design that is not possible to implement.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

If I tell my kids we’re going to the movies tonight and suddenly I’m called into work and I can’t take them, I didn’t lie. Because when I said it, I had every intention of taking them to the movies. The situation changed.

I have to point this out, as I had this a lot growing up myself . . .

. . . kids of a certain age range aren’t going to understand that. What they’re going to understand is that you said one thing and then it didn’t happen.

What age range? I’d say the age range is around 6-42.

. . . what? Look at what politicians have to put up with over “lies, deceptions, and betrayals of trust”.

kenshinakh.3672

There wouldn’t be a need for a thread like this if they didn’t lie to all of us. Look at world events, or even the centuars. Nothing is permenent, the mmo world doesn’t change and you don’t feel like the hero.

I’m just bringing up this issue because its clear they lied to us to the point where its almost laughable not one delevelper has commented on these kinds of threads. They ignore them and really really REALLY hope they go away like an annoying cold.

The way you say that sounds like you’re taunting a flamefest, not debate. Any civilized forum debate, does not start with “Look, I’m 100% correct, no debate, but feel free to try because you’re wrong anyways…”. That’s what your sentence implies.

You completely ignored the posts of people providing you sound logic/reasoning on it. This is why these topics get locked/deleted. They’re not discussions. They’re not debates. They’re just topics that invite slandering.

Vayne.8563

Nope.

Nope.

Even the hearts arnt permanent changes, sure you are done it after you kill X centars or bandits or collect X items or whatever the situation is and then you are done.

But those centars/bandits/whatever are still attacking and burning the farm, long after you have “saved” it.

I realize that this would be very hard to implement in a MMO which is also why i think they should have left that part of the video where it belong, as nothing more than a dream of a game design that is not possible to implement.

Again, those who read the clarification when it was posted, shortly after the video was released, would know that Ree was talking about the personal story and Colin was talking about dynamic events.

Anyone following the game would remember that Colin said many MANY times that changes made in dynamic events are persistent and not permanent. It’s been explained over and over again.

Years after the video was made, it’s very easy to take it out a context. It’s simply an easy target. But there are no lies here. Just people misunderstanding information.

TommyProvolone.3715

dude you dont really know what a manifesto is do you?

its not a promise, its a declaration of intentions. they didnt lie to you, they just said what they wanted to do for the game. quit sperging man.

Heijincks.9267

I think as far as “permanent changes” are concerned, maybe it wasn’t something that works out at the end.

“Permanent change” due to player influence requires one time events. We had the Karka event. We all know how that turned out >.>

In that respect however, Anet would have fulfilled that portion of the manifesto, and they probably won’t do it anymore given the debacle which followed.

Rifter.6591

Nope.

Nope.

Again, those who read the clarification when it was posted, shortly after the video was released, would know that Ree was talking about the personal story and Colin was talking about dynamic events.

Anyone following the game would remember that Colin said many MANY times that changes made in dynamic events are persistent and not permanent. It’s been explained over and over again.

Years after the video was made, it’s very easy to take it out a context. It’s simply an easy target. But there are no lies here. Just people misunderstanding information.

Perhaps this is true, as i said ive seen the colin clairification not ree’s, and the poster i quoted was talking about her talking about the hearts so perhaps he got that from somewhere i dont know.

Revolution.6301

So I’m getting met now by the crowd that enjoys ascended gear and the grind. Full moon is out I think.

I don’t want a flame war gezz because I forgot my flame armor so I’d die and I don’t want to die.

My points are valid, the video is really misleading. How can you feel like a hero? In what part of the game do you feel like one?

I agree leveling to 80 was great, not fantastic. It was at 80 that I saw the game for what it is.

kenshinakh.3672

So I’m getting met now by the crowd that enjoys ascended gear and the grind. Full moon is out I think.

I don’t want a flame war gezz because I forgot my flame armor so I’d die and I don’t want to die.

My points are valid, the video is really misleading. How can you feel like a hero? In what part of the game do you feel like one?

I agree leveling to 80 was great, not fantastic. It was at 80 that I saw the game for what it is.

And what about the points of tons of text above? They provided very detailed and logical reasoning in their replies. You should at least provide the same courtesy instead of just shrugging them off as if their word has 0 weight in the thread.

TommyProvolone.3715

youre misinterpreting the video as an oath to you personally rather than a statement of intentions.

CETheLucid.3964

Had i known from the getgo what colin was talking about, and what Ree was talking about i can tell you it would have saved me alot of aggrivation.

Pay attention, then. That’s on you and not them.

Yes, the heart events are permanent changes. That’s a fact. The end.

What you may be describing is another type of event. Dynamic world and group events replay. This is also a fact.

But if you’re going to argue the case instead of just trolling per the OP, lay down some cold hard facts why heart events are not a permanent change.

Which event is this exactly that you’re describing? What kind of event is it?

Heart event != Other kind of event.

Prove me wrong.

Vayne.8563

Nope.

Nope.

Perhaps this is true, as i said ive seen the colin clairification not ree’s, and the poster i quoted was talking about her talking about the hearts so perhaps he got that from somewhere i dont know.

When the manifesto was made, hearts didn’t exist at all. Hearts were added later to keep people locked into areas where dynamic events occurred, because people were running around, not having any idea of where to go or what to do.

Orr is the place in the game that is most like Anet’s original vision, since it has no hearts.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Orr is the place in the game that is most like Anet’s original vision, since it has no hearts.

And the events matter, the NPCs don’t manage to do much without support, and the “safe battle lines” often change quickly.

That is when Penitent Camp isn’t bugged and won’t work.

Rifter.6591

Pay attention, then. That’s on you and not them.

Yes, the heart events are permanent changes. That’s a fact. The end.

What you may be describing is another type of event. Dynamic world and group events replay. This is also a fact.

But if you’re going to argue the case instead of just trolling per the OP, lay down some cold hard facts why heart events are not a permanent change.

Which event is this exactly that you’re describing? What kind of event is it?

Heart event != Other kind of event.

Prove me wrong.

You cant seriously be that dense, ok take any heart where you need to “clear the road” of hostiles, there are many of them in the game in various zones. You spend 10 min running down the road killing the hostiles and destroying roadblocks/signs/whatever else the heart calls for. You go back the next day and guess what, there are still hostiles on the roads and roadblocks because guess what, other players also need to be able to do that heart quest.

Sure the guy will remember you did it and cleared the road but you didnt really clear the road because its still infested with hostiles.

Also, its on them to CLEARLY state what they are talking about not for me to magically read there kittening minds. That video was VERY poorly filmed/edited and said NOTHING AT ALL about the context colin or ree was talking about.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I think the devs are far too busy to be bothered responding to posters with ‘lololol’ in their first sentence. They’ve got bugs to fix, professions to balance and content to generate to take the time to clarify as you don’t even want clarification, you just want some apology, acknowledgement and attention.

You rot your own disposition for any reasonable person to ever want to approach you about something like this. It’s like approaching a raving drunk in a parking lot. How they react is unpredictable and everyone’d be better just avoiding the encounter.

Vayne.8563

No way could anyone construe the hearts being permanent. They change. Events are sort of like war in real life. There are times when towns are taken lost and taken again by the enemy, all in the period of a day. And games always accelerate real time.

The thing is, if events aren’t up, people don’t have much to do, so they events have to respawn. The part of the game that is permanent is your personal story because once you do it and make choices, you can’t go back and remake those choices (arguably not always a good thing). If you make the wrong choice in a personal story, it’s so permanent that you have to restart your character to make the other choice.

Colin was talking about dynamic events which are persistent, but not permanent. For example if you can’t defend the tree in Morgan’s Spiral, it dies and you can’t access that jumping puzzle. That’s a persistent change, until players can beat that event, and then you can access the puzzle.

It’s not really that hard to understand, but I can see where the editing caused confusion, which is why Anet released a clarification shortly after the Manifesto appeared.

CETheLucid.3964

You cant seriously be that dense, ok take any heart where you need to “clear the road” of hostiles, there are many of them in the game in various zones. You spend 10 min running down the road killing the hostiles and destroying roadblocks/signs/whatever else the heart calls for. You go back the next day and guess what, there are still hostiles on the roads and roadblocks because guess what, other players also need to be able to do that heart quest.

Sure the guy will remember you did it and cleared the road but you didnt really clear the road because its still infested with hostiles.

Also, its on them to CLEARLY state what they are talking about not for me to magically read there kittening minds. That video was VERY poorly filmed/edited and said NOTHING AT ALL about the context colin or ree was talking about.

Mmhm. Heart event name, please?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You get a free shot to pick something meaningful, like Meatoberfest going on nigh forever, but you pick this? That’s taking a strike willingly, my friend.

I mean, the ones that come to mind are keeping the road clear of Sons of Svanir . . . which have that tendency to keep coming back because there’s always more of them out there. And they want to do this.

In the same vein, they’re going to continue trying to destroy Jora’s Statue because . . . they really, really hate her and there will always be someone wanting to put it right when it gets wrecked because she is kind of a big deal to the norn.

This isn’t “Lord Nagafen” dying and coming back every week like clockwork (“Oh Veeshan’s Shiny Butt it’s those idiots from Fires of Heaven again, well, better roar menacingly and hope they get it over with fast. I don’t get paid enough for this gig.”) or Hogger always being around tormenting newbies,

This is a faceless organized gang being disruptive.

It’s not even like the dragon champions aren’t covered – the dragons make many champions. “The Shatterer” is a title afforded to a particular type of champion, as is “Claw of Jormag”. Tequatl, I have no excuse for . . . and would have been a stellar choice to set up for a rant about how you kill it every three hours and it always comes back.

Posted by: Morlaug.3267

Morlaug.3267

I dont believe that permanent changes to the world is impossible to do on a character basis. Why? Well, some of you might remember “that other game”. In the frosty expansion they kind of made a new effect in game they calles “phasing”.

For those who have no clue as to what I am speaking about, I will do a short summery.

You arrive at a scouts hiding place, he asks you to kill the mobs in the area and while you are at it, kill the necromancer who keeps summoning the undead around this particular valley.

You set off, killing what needs to be killed. When you return to the scout and hand in your mission, the place transforms into a small camp. A few NPCs appear with their gear and stuff, a small tent or whatever.

Now, the phasing has made the world in this small area change. It will look like this to all players who are on the same stage of that questline. New players who enter the area for the first time will not see you and you will not see them, they are in another phase starting/doing the first mission or just passing through.

The mission series can continue until several phases later, a fortress now stands when at first there was nothing.

This technology exists, and is used “in that other popular game”. I dont play it any more, since long, but I remember that permanent changes on a character level was made with a technology that now is old.

Sure, there are some problems as well. Too much phasing and you will have people disappear all over the map, since they are in different phases. But well harnessed, for key locations or event it might be a very good thing. I like it, since you actually saw the world change as you went through it.

Those who achieve more than you are no-lifers, those who achieve less are noobs!