What does your GW 2 "Wish List" look like?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: QTwo.6824

QTwo.6824

My personal wish list: (1) A personal house inside my home instance. (2) Weapons dyes. (3) Solo mode for dungeons. (4) Gardening. (5) For hits with WvW siege weapons to display on the mini map as a targeting assist because very few players are interested in playing the role of “spotter”. (6) A hat for PvE players to place on the ground while playing musical instruments so that other players can put coins in it for them (if they like the music). (7) A skill that makes enemy WvW players visible on the mini map. (8) More incentive for WvW players to develop and improve on long term battle strategies or for holding captured camps rather than just near mindless zerging for loot or capturing and then abandoning camps repeatedly. (9) Crop farming with a RMT exchange controlled and limited by Black Lion Trading specific to a subset of new crops and recipes introduced into the game perhaps for creating vanity type items. (limiting RMT to a subset of the game and/or map area and limiting exchange amounts would prevent gold sellers from taking advantage while at the same time rewarding players).

Posted by: BigBadBoy.5408

BigBadBoy.5408

atm, I don’t have one. but I like your 5 and 6.

IoJ peasant
PvX

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

1. SAB.

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

1. WvW ship battles!
2. WvW sky ship battles!
3. WvWvE ship battles!
4. Hoverboards!
5. Mounts integrated with its own combat mechanics!
6. WvW mounts! Horse armies!
7. WvW ship battles with mounts!
8. WvWvE sky ship battles with flying mounts and its own integrated combat mechanic!
9. Collections that reward certain exotics so you don’t have to rely on TP or RNG just to get them for the Exotic Hunter collection :C

Posted by: Boro.7359

Boro.7359

1. click to move.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

1. Trait, build Save and Load Feature.
2. Trait, Copy+share feature.
3. Guild Vs Guild (Small VS Small – Big Vs Big).
4. Improved AI for both enemies and pets.
5. Condition damage fix so that your Conditions doesn’t get burried under others conditions.
6. New dungeons where stacking is not effective.
7. Super Adventure Box before Expac.
8. Remove specific class for PvP-daily.
9. Account bound on Aquire ALL Legendaries.
10. Not to ever put in mounts in the game. (Stuff like SiegeGolem “mounts” is ok)

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: RockinTalvin.9824

RockinTalvin.9824

I really would like to see GW2 moving towards “traditional” MMORPGS:

1.) Go back to separate realms. Remove every loading-screen in this game. Build one huge persistent world per realm.

2.) Remove / weaken the waypoint system. It destroys immersion completely. You’ve build so many great worlds – most players will visit them only once to complete the quests. After that, they’ll use Waypoints to teleport back and forth. Force players to “live” in your worlds. E.g.: Reduce the number of waypoints! 3 or 4 WPs per Map would be great. Or make using WPs far, far more expensive, so players think twice before using!

3.) Mounts! Mounts! Mounts!
With far less waypoints, mounts would be great!

4.) A (small) step towards the holy trinity to make dungeon runs less chaotic. I really like the ideas of roles in a group (Damager Dealer, Tank, etc.). Just make sure, that every class can fullfill these roles about equally good. The thief would like to heal (Ninja Nurse)? Fine!

5.) Please get rid of that tree-jungle-theme. I’ve seen enough of it – and that is BEFORE HoT! I wouldn’t mind going back to traditional fantasy-settings.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

• SAB
  • save/load trait and utility templates
  • a wardrobe tab for transformation potions (one-time and endless, similar to the tab for finishers)
  • boss-exclusive crafting recipies that allow crafting miniature pet versions of that boss
  • more (many more) scavanger-hut like collections like Mawdrey and the luminescent skins

Posted by: Sylvari.2916

Sylvari.2916

1. Hylek playable race… Either just visual or with a playable story mode.
2. A pvp map/system like wow’s match like Warsong gultch

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

- New armour skins. New weapon skins that aren’t BLTC.

- New Dungeons (Branded and Fleshreaver/Demon themes would be cool) and appropriately themed gear.

- More Deathmatch maps for PvP.

- Build saving options for both traits and equipment (armour, weapons and trinkets).

- Suitably challenging content that rewards ascended gear, or at least a re-work of the chests so that we can choose stats as well.

(edited by Jahroots.6791)

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

I find this thread sad because it is not the first time players make wish list posts and threads in the forums. Yes! same wish from 2 years ago and later. So what changed? Here is the saddest part: Other mmo game company who are not even 2 years old or even 1 years old took players wish and make it happen for them and put it in their games.

Yes! same wish list in this thread include posts by players.

It make sense why the word wish is include with list. Oh well!

Go where wish come true.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

Posted by: Severino.3604

Severino.3604

I’d like to see an expansion every year until the whole map of Tyria is explorable. There is very little end game progression, so why not just keep adding content?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

A trait system that doesn’t suck for a year under languishing silence from the developers.

Oh, and OP’s #3 is cool too. Scaling dungeon content, yes.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

1. Trait, build Save and Load Feature.
2. Trait, Copy+share feature.
3. Guild Vs Guild (Small VS Small – Big Vs Big).
4. Improved AI for both enemies and pets.
5. Condition damage fix so that your Conditions doesn’t get burried under others conditions.
6. New dungeons where stacking is not effective.
7. Super Adventure Box before Expac.
8. Remove specific class for PvP-daily.
9. Account bound on Aquire ALL Legendaries.
10. Not to ever put in mounts in the game. (Stuff like SiegeGolem “mounts” is ok)

this

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

1. SAB
  2. A hotbar for Items (potions, bufffood, toys, etc)
  3. Trait + Skillbar save, load and share feature
  4. New Legendaries where most of the stuff can’t be aquired via TP
  5. A FoW/UW like dungeon (no respawn or changing players, rezzing is still an option, open map instead of stupified tunnel, tasks that can be done in any order)
  6. Support for HD3D
Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

• Random dungeon generator with preselectable group size, task type to achieve and difficulty (Anarchy Online Mission Terminals, I miss thee).
  • Build Save and Load (best feature of GW1)
  • A solution for Orr-Temple events in the age of mega server (event time still unsolved, it’s a gamble vs. Taxi)
  • A tangible concept for the future of WvW

I left out things that have already been announced (traits revamp, guild halls).

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

Open World PvP sandbox activities.
I don’t mean everywhere, obviously that wouldn’t fly. But at least something, somewhere, with some level of Risk vs Reward mechanics where it’s actually exhilarating to play and social bonds, trust, and teamwork matter ..where the “content” is other players more than scripted mobs. Instances and events get so boring and routine after doing them enough, and the way WvW is setup, it’s basically the same. Nothing in the game presents any kind of risk of loss, and nothing much to be gained either (and no , I do NOT mean loot).

Also ships. Get moving platforms working, Anet pleeeaassee!. Even without any risky adventures to embark on, this alone would still be pure awesome no matter the context.

Also housing. Some part of Tyria that can be mine, with wide freedom to customize it. Preferably non-instanced, but I’ll take anything.

These are the sort of things that would make me feel more attached to the game and give me things to care about beyond hopping on for my daily chest and then logging out again (which is probably 90% of my activity right now until HoT).

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

1. The reversion of the current trait acquisition, and the sacking of whoever came up with it.
2. SAB
3. Beltpack alternative to Hobosacks.
4. Ascended being easier to obtain and an apology for its creation in the first place.
5. The end of obvious pandering to the Chinese.
6. Inclusion of Gelatinous Cubes.

(edited by GuzziHero.2467)

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

In no particular order of preference (I know some of these will never happen, but I’d like them none the less):

1. The removal of levels and all vertical progression.
2. PvP gear (amulet instead of armour stats) and PvP balancing used in all game modes (PvE & WvW).
3. Account bound waypoints.
4. Less easy builds and more skill based builds.
5. SAB released and made permanent.
6. HoT released now.
7. Thief name changed to Assassin.
8. Some form of cost free consentual dueling.
9. More GW1 armour and weapon skin remakes.
10. More earned loot less lucky/bought loot.
11. Improved trait acquisition.
12. More bottlenecks and chokepoints in all WvW maps.
13. More objectives and tasks in WvW, for small and large groups.
14. Removal of the custom arena cost.
15. More guild activities in PvE and large & small scale GvG.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

1. Alliance Chat
2. Weapon Dye
3. The end to the NPE
4. Build Templates: Save/Share
5. Map specific currencies (Geodes/Crests) to be housed in the wallet.
6. More combat ready tonics like the Watchwork Knight tonic.
7. Guild missions designed specifically for small guilds
8. A guild hall system that is workable for small guilds. I know they’re coming, just hope they’re coming for ME.
9. A wider variety of mid-ranged AP points — 5 AP reward things.
10. Giants.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

(edited by Aye.8392)

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

…(5) For hits with WvW siege weapons to display on the mini map as a targeting assist because very few players are interested in playing the role of “spotter”. (6) A hat for PvE players to place on the ground while playing musical instruments so that other players can put coins in it for them (if they like the music). (7) A skill that makes enemy WvW players visible on the mini map. (8) More incentive for WvW players to develop and improve on long term battle strategies or for holding captured camps rather than just near mindless zerging for loot or capturing and then abandoning camps repeatedly…

The siege targeting I rather like the idea of as this could be potentially useful in a number of situations yet its nothing particularly immediate that I see as needed. The hat idea I love just for the laughs lol. (7) I just can’t get behind since ambushing others can be crucial for some classes/roles in pvp and I feel like this could throw a wrench into some of the few strategies WvW has available now. Besides some zergs are so large your minimap would be overrun lol. X3

- New armour skins. New weapon skins that aren’t BLTC.

- New Dungeons (Branded and Fleshreaver/Demon themes would be cool) and appropriately themed gear.

- More Deathmatch maps for PvP.

- Build saving options for both traits and equipment (armour, weapons and trinkets).

- Suitably challenging content that rewards ascended gear, or at least a re-work of the chests so that we can choose stats as well.

Love these, especially the dungeon idea. I have long since wanted some more themed armor and both Branded and Fleshreavers are some of the coolest creatures (to me) in the game. The only other one I could think of to one more would be the Margonites but since I doubt a Realm of Torment dungeon is coming any time soon I don’t think I’m going to get that lol.

I see quite a few for mounts and some for new races as well though personally I don’t see either happening soon (or ever in mounts cases). Mounts I honestly hate the idea of. I know other people love them and want Guild Wars to be like other MMO’s but in all honesty the reason I adore GW2 is because its not like other MMO’s and I have no desire to see it change in this aspect. As for new races I don’t really see this happening soon either. The main races mentioned are the Hylek, Tengu, and the Skritt. Hylek I could potentially see but with the HoT update and the new hylek races coming to for forefront it seems as though playing a hylek could interfere with the plotline here. Tengu are just generally secretive and wary of outsiders (though this may change in HoT) but there are still things unknown about them and overall they seem a primarily warrior/ranger class people from my experience with them (though I could be wrong as perhaps I have merely not seen any spellcasters among them). As for the Skritt, I know they sound fun but in most cases as the game will show their dumb as rocks if theres only one of them and have little to no skills relating to the current classes.

Off the top of my head, besides those already mentioned, I just have one main wish. Give the Mesmer portal skill a timer lol. As a main Mesmer theres nothing I hate more than being in WvW, setting up an entire plan for port, placing it and escaping, only for it to expire literally as I am reaching for the key, leaving me standing there numb. I’ve wanted this since the beginning and I would love to get it sometime lol.

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

1. Jewelcrafting to 500 and the implement of Xunlai Electrum and Crystalline Ore/Ingots.
2. Addition of Karka Slayer and Mordrem Slayer to the slayer achievement catagory
3. Addition of various materials to the crafting material bank tab.
4. Wardrobe tab for tonics that functions similarly to the finishers tab
5. Addition of Bandit Crests and Geodes to the Wallet
6. A bank tab to keep sigils/runes in that can be deposited in when visiting the bank.
7. Some kind of vanquishing/hard mode system
8. Some kind of monster battle arena
9. An in game trading card game (with collections)

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I could fill so many pages with stuff that I’m wishing for GW2 to have, so I’ll reduce it just only to Bullet Points that would make up for great impacts in this Game which would enhance this gme in many Aspects of Content, Fun, Progression, Variety, Achievements, Gameplay, Complexity/Depth and so on

1. Housing
2. Mounts
3. Naval Battles
4. Zelda like Solo-Dungeons
5. Various forms of Raid Content (Guild Crusades, Battlefields, Hunting Grounds, Heroic Fractals, Dungeon Crawls, Missions)
6. More Activities, Polymok, Target Shooting, Rollerbeetle Racing, Moa Racing, Battle Collosseum, an ingame Collectable Card Game similar to FF8’s Triple Triad and somethign similar to FF10s Blitzball maybe to have also an activity that uses the underwater mechanics where you can freely move yourself around in all 360 degrees in the water to make full usage of your environmental positioning
7. New Weapons (Halberds, Whips, Claws, Great Axes, Glaives, Crossbows, Chain Sickles)
8. Cantha & Elona explorable again and a fully explorable Tyria
9. Tengus and redesigned Largos as playable Races
10.Trait System Redesign, split up into Traits, Talents and Expertises, including introduction of own Underwater Traits/talents and Expertises
11. Complete Rebalancing of all Underwater Skills
12. Introduction finally of DX11 at least and a 64Bit Client for better Game Performance
13. Multiple different themed high quality WvW Maps (Redesigned Alpine Borderlands, Desert Borderlands, Jungle Borderlands, Island Borderlands (includes Naval Battles), Marshland Borderlands, Summer Grass Plain Borderlands ect. so that there is a big amount of different themed borderland maps that anet can rotate through weekly.
14. Reintroduction of Season 1
15. Merge of Personal Story as basically Season 0 with Season 1 to include the LS Characters within your personal Story and make them part of it somehow in it, so that you see them beign also part in the game from begin on more or less actively somewhere.
16. Redesign of the Zhaitan Battle
17. Each Class having somewhen in the future around 3-4 Specializations (Sub Classes)
18. Redesign of the Craftign System to make it lesser of a Grinding Chore and more of a System, that lets you really create unique and useful things that you can receive only via Crafting
19. Making in regard of Ascended Equipment GW2 again a more Alt Character friendly game, by introducing more ways on how to get effectively Ascended Equipment, where gettingn Ascended Equipment actually becomes easier so more alt Characters you make, so that the system REWARDS you for actually alting alot instead of punishing you by slowing you massively down in progression with such ridiculous nonsense like time gating mechanics that artifiscially make the costs of the stuff higher, than it needs to be.
20. Bring back more of the old GW1 stuff to give this game more nostalgia, be it old revamped GW1 dungeons, be it more of the old GW1 armors and weapon skins, be it a Factions System ect. pp
This is GW2, you should make us feel more, that we do play here actually a sequel of one great MMO and nostlagia is important for that.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

1.) Skill splits across WvW/PvE/ PvP
2.) New races
3.) New weapon Types
4.) Functional pets for rangers
5.) New dungons
6.) New Fractals
7.) New maps on a regular basis with a meta event
8.) Guild Management QoL pass
9.) Home Instance housing with items we can earn in game and buy on the gem shop to decorate with. Has to be both types though
10.) Activities in the PvP lobby for the queue waiting
11.) Dungeon, Fractal, and PvP loot improvements to match current meta loot area and to keep it current
12.) Solo/Team Queue Split/Unmerge Conquest and Stronghold queues for HoT. It will be a mess
13.) T4 Racial Armor sets completed on the Tyrian mastery track
14.) Maguuma Wastes Mastery Tracks for Armor, Weapons and Glider Skins
15.) Bug Fixing for professions

I could keep gong and going but I am not gonna spend more than the 10 minutes I already have on something that probably will not get read or responded to as per usual by the staff. It’s really disheartening when you leave a lot of constructive feedback and it just goes ignored.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Eggshells.1748

Eggshells.1748

1. Bring back Living Story Season 1
2. Redesign the in-game UI to look like UI post
3. Ability to make up builds and a way to easily save/swap those.
4. Waypoints shared across the whole account.
5. Improved Achievement tracker.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

1. Being able to save names for ranger pets.
2. Being able to save dye channels for outfits, not having re-do it every time I switch.
3. New races – preferably tengu pretty please.
4. Being able to hide more armour pieces – chest and boots.
5. Race change kit.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

1) no more hobosacks
2) A means of saving builds and quickly switching between builds that I have saved when out of combat.

That’s about it right now.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Shesh, reading some peoples wish lists really makes me happy they don’t have the power to implement them. That being said:

1) Choose-able weapon skills. Let us pick our 2-5 for each weapon to give more variety to play. X weapon doesn’t have to be for Y role, etc. Depending if it was a pool or each number had 2-3 skills to choose from, you could also add risk-reward of, longer cool down high damage skills, but if you miss/get blocked, you can only auto attack for 30-50 seconds, but that’d be a lot harder to balance.

2) Put tonics in the wardrobe (like finishers)
3) Build templates (especially with stronghold being mashed up with conquest)
4) For them to release the things that are going to be for everyone (stronghold and the new wvw map, maybe even those map rewards) when they’re ready instead of waiting for HoT, I really just want to play more stronghold now.
5) Separate out the black lion/gem store armor/weapons from the wardrobe, so I can focus on obtainable stuff.
6) A right click to “buy this from the trading post” for skins from the wardrobe.
7) Add all annoying map currencies to the wallet (geodes, bandit crests, plus whatever they add in HoT)
8) More focus on underwater combat so they can develop it further and make it better.
9) Polymock with minis

Posted by: TGI FRIDAY.6275

TGI FRIDAY.6275

1. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 arenas
2. Zelda Solo type dungeons
3. more dungeons
4. 10+man raids
5. Was not there for SAB so that would be nice to experience that
6. Build saver
7. more conquest maps
8. more pvp modes
9. animal style skins for each PvP rank(Seriously, all we get are finishers? that’s really boring Anet)
10. More different paths for living story/personal story
11.someone mentioned account bound waypoints. I think that’s a pretty cool idea.
12. To sound like a broken record, new race
13. again to sound like a broken record, mounts.

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

1. click to move.

They already do. Press and hold both mouse buttons.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

1. AI improvements (dodge, heal, move out of aoe, stop funneling, swap to ranged attack)
2. Pet AI improvements.
3. Make all dungeons level 80 and make scale-able.
4. More dungeons.
5. Complete jumping puzzles at end of dungeon.
6. More fotm zones.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

1. More entertainment

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

What does your GW 2 “Wish List” look like?

GW 1 + better graphics

DONE

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Um…. I think my list is relatively short…

• Build Templates
  • Light armor PANTS
  • More armor skins in general
  • Cooking and Jewelcrafting to 500

thinking …. thinkingthinking

I think that’s about it right now. Generally speaking, I’m relatively content.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

Oh and I forgot:

3) Some means of dueling. Even if it’s only one specific area where we can do it. Custom arenas don’t cut it. They are inconvenient and expensive. Plus it would be nice to be able to do it outside of the heart of the mists so we can test WvW roaming builds.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

1. Cantha (even something small like an island)
2. Lore and storylines relating to the Tengu
3. A house within the Home instance would be pretty nice actually. I love what they’ve added so far.
4. More skills we can swap out of our weapons to customize them. Favored Trait builds are still a thing, yo.

What does your GW 2 “Wish List” look like?

GW 1 + better graphics

DONE

Posted by: flipyap.5789

flipyap.5789

All I ask is that they add footfall to flameseeker prophecies

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Oh my wishlist is pretty straight forward, more content.
I’m more of a PvE guy myself so I’d be happy with new and varied areas to explore and enemies to kill.

I find this thread sad because it is not the first time players make wish list posts and threads in the forums. Yes! same wish from 2 years ago and later. So what changed? Here is the saddest part: Other mmo game company who are not even 2 years old or even 1 years old took players wish and make it happen for them and put it in their games.

Yes! same wish list in this thread include posts by players.

It make sense why the word wish is include with list. Oh well!

Go where wish come true.

Have you ever heard of a survivorship bias? Well I think that plays a rather heavy role here.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

The only 2 things I care about:

1. Traits – FIXED first and foremost, to be actually not total kitteny kitten kitten; and also it would be nice to save builds. Agree with another person who said copy as well, so you can simply copy and send your build to someone who asks for it.

2. A way to unlock waypoints/world map on specific additional toons, once you have them all unlocked on at least one toon, as an option, whereby the toon(s) that gets the auto unlock cannot receive a gift of exploration nor any map completion entitlements (i.e. the armor, keys, crafting materials you get for map completion). Another player made this suggestion recently and I wholeheartedly wish for this.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)