What eater Boodstone, dragonite...ect

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

Is the most profitable.

I have most of the eaters. They seem to be the same as for as profits go, then again, I’m not sure.

Does anyone have thoughts on this?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Probably the same overall. I can’t think of a good reason to make one noticeably better that wouldn’t cause it to be the one that all use. But you can check what they produce and get an general idea. If one does have something better than average in the drop table it’s probably very rare.

Gunk covered pellet
Fluctuating mass
Gift from Mawdry II
Glowing Stone
Generosity’s reward

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It would be inversely proportional to what valuable stuff the t7 could make.

Bloodstone dust seems to be able to do more things, so you can exclude that.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

First, none of the eaters are very profitable. I know people love the eaters and I know people think it’s a waste to just delete extra ‘stuff’, but they simply don’t offer all that much.

One container, which you get from ~50 bloodstone|dragonite|empyreal (or combination) is worth about 6 silver. That’s not nothing, but it’s a drop in the bucket compared to everything you earn along the way to acquiring that many.

• It takes ~60 days of eating to generate a stack.
  • Stacks are worth 15-25g, depending on what drops
  • Most of the value is from salvaging the greens you get opening on a mid-tier toon (~L48-53).

Sources:

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Is the most profitable. I have most of the eaters. They seem to be the same as for as profits go, then again, I’m not sure. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

You could look at the items they reward for their consumption, and compare them, but the TL;DR version is: they reward basically the same list of things, so all of them are equal.