What excites you about the future of GW2?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

An open question for anyone who’s been playing the game long term:

Looking at the future of the game, what excites you the most?

What upcoming features and content interest you?

Well, Anet doesn’t announce any future features and content, so there is really nothing to be excited about. Also I’ve been playing the game since beta, so no longer get “excited”.
I would like to see guild halls, individualized home instances (the ability to add armors and minis like HOM in GW1 as well as add merchant/bank/Trading post etc).
I like that all you have to do is log in to be able to play the LS. So as long as that continues, I’ll be content.
I would like for them to fix old/known bugs.
I would like to see more in game armors added to game that you can obtain during “normal” game play (not necessarily tied to LS).
I would like them to add more dungeons.

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Guild Raids
Guild Halls
SAB World 3
GvG

this + capes , and god i hate to think that the best thing is still not implemented or it’s simply ignored :S

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

Nothing, to be honest. The devs stick with their LS plans, so I have no hopes of seeing a larger amount of new zones in unexplored regions open up. TBH that’s all I care about: more stuff to explore.

No hopes for an expansion = no passion for the future.

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

The end of this game. Will it slowly decay like it does right now or will it say good by with an surprising “boom” to hype us for GW3?

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

im the kind of person who isnt hyped about any game, or any update in that matter.

but it would sure make me happy if they add:

-more emotes
-guild capes
-guild halls
-guild vs guild
-improve wvw
-improve existing dungeons and add a few new ones that are better than this one
-add more puzzles and team effort in said dungeons other than “split up and gather 5 peaces of xyz while defending a npc”
-cheaper precursors (or a progression way to get it,something like “Epic Precursor collection achievement” that can be done once per account…instead of insane low rng)

As for new races and new classes…i dont think that would make people happy…some may wish it but they will most likely treat that just as a alt, and “get bored” of doing the same thing over but with a new race/class.

as for a “expansion”..idk, i was happy with getting little updates,patches, and new content over time rather than getting absolutely nothing for 6 months and then a boat load of new content all of the sudden…that id have to buy (yes buy..cause we are talking about a expansion arent we?)

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Bug fixes and a team that can actually balance the classes instead of doing “passes” that accomplish, if anything, the opposite.

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

It ought being clear by now that ‘future’ and ‘GW2’ have a mutual avoidance policy.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

Posted by: Mufasa.8415

Mufasa.8415

Super Adventure Box being re-instated as playable and permanent content. People spent money on their infinite tokens and then it’s been removed and they’re not sure if it’ll ever come back; it’s thievery.

Drunken Mufasa
The Stonemouth Keep
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

Finding that perfect topic were all Trolls can get out of there caves and finnaly be free and not afraid to get suspended for no good reason at all.

Also Anet finnaly admitting that they have no idea what to do whit WvW and suhhting it down and releasing new Gem-o-matic.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Giving up on Living story, or make the whole team work on it for gems/money.
I’d like to believe that like in gw1 living story(cant remember what it was called) that a small team is working on that and the rest is working on another game or the expansion/stand alone next part.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Finding that perfect topic were all Trolls can get out of there caves and finnaly be free and not afraid to get suspended for no good reason at all.

Also Anet finnaly admitting that they have no idea what to do whit WvW and suhhting it down and releasing new Gem-o-matic.

Gem-o-matic! HAHAHAHA lol

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

Necromancer minions not standing around without attacking

Guild halls

A fundamental change to WvW to bring populated but not queued maps for all. Not just people who got lucky when they picked their server two years ago. Not just people who pay the price of a triple A game in a Steam sale to move servers. Not just people who got the Cinderella match this week. All. This probably means ditching worlds, and using guilds or something like that. It might mean ditching weeks, too.

An end to XP for crafting and needing to crafting to make your own ascended gear, so that throwaway level up crafting no longer wrecks the market.

Fire whoever said they could hide white swords to get an event with “ninja” in the description.

Pilot Ripsky to finally cover 100 yards without bugging, after 2 years.

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Anet refuses to announce anything so… nothing.

Pretty much this yea. I just play whatever is given to me and that’s it. Brb lfg..

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: Mavis.1463

Mavis.1463

What future?
I expect arenanet to churn out LS and nothing else, because that’s what they’ve been doing so far. They refuse to talk about anything regarding the future of the game so whatever.

Posted by: Inexor.7804

Inexor.7804

• Mounts
    Just for the style, even if traveling through waypoints is more efficiant. It could be a great cashcow, so I dont understand why ANet still havent released some.
  • A lot new and useful skills
    New weapons, new utility skills, new traits/trainlines (and not some like those lousy healing skills with ridiculous cds just to pretend they released new skills).
  • Alternative ways to progess
    Maybe alternative levels for 80s, only achievable in new areas and the possibility to choose new skills and traits with it, to allow a deeper customisation of your character.
  • More permanent regions
    Like Silverwasts or Dry Top
  • New Classes
  • Possibilty to save builds and change them on the fly
    Allowing to respec without NPCs was the first step. Saving and loading hole builds with one mouseclick without needing to change the single trait/armor piece evertime is the next step.
  • More armor/weapon skins

Or in one word: Expansion
The LS should imo only be a temporary solution until an expansion is finished. It can not replace it, as we and hopefully ANet as well, see after 2 years!

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

The return of heroes, so I might get things done on my own term/time instead of getting trolled by 12 year olds?

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

Oh… And I don’t want new weapons and skills and traits. They can’t balance the ones they’ve got to the point that more than half see use. It would be better to remove some. And sort out the daft trait unlock system.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

New profession or two.
New dungeon!
Mordremoth fight (or his champion) with unique Mordremoth themed weapons and armors dropping. I expect green & dark floral + dragon themed set, but serious looking one (not those 3 year old kiddies favourite verdant skins).
Some new zones!
Them legendary armor pieces!

(edited by ZeftheWicked.3076)

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

1. Running and walking animations you can apply to your character using a make over kit, like a hair style.

2. Idle animations you can apply (and stack to randomly rotate through) like a finishing move (or make over kit).

3. Submitting requests of old mix-n-match clothing and have them create an outfit out of it (pay for service).

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Nothing excites me to be honest, but that’s mostly because there’s not much clarity on what’s going to be added in future, and even when we do get insight into possible future features, in many cases they are never followed through (like precursor crafting, as an example).

If living story is all we’re going to get from here on out, I’m not very excited at all, not because the living story is bad, but rather, because we need other, permanent end game content to keep us busy between LS episodes, otherwise it gets very dull, very fast. In particular, I’d like to see more development on the WvWvW side of things. I think it has so much potential, and yet it’s been largely ignored since the game’s launch.

Add to that the fact that ANet only seems to be interested in updating game features that actually weren’t broken in the first place (like daily achievement revisions or changes to how traits are earned), and I’d say in some ways I’m more afraid of what’s coming than excited about it.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Still waiting for the regular skill updates promised in 2013 and precursor crafting promised in 2012.

Posted by: sharkstein.2109

sharkstein.2109

Nothing, to be honest. The game is dead to me, for over two years now. The only things I see are people wailing garbage upon its once respected resting place and cult zealots having gathering there.

“Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness”.
— Every heartbroken Guild Wars fan on GW2

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

They refuse to talk about anything regarding the future of the game so whatever.

You can’t blame them. They can’t talk about something that it does not have.

Posted by: Megastorm.6219

Megastorm.6219

Legendary Back piece capes with choice of guild emblems/colors.

Posted by: SonOfDeath.1340

SonOfDeath.1340

id like a new class like a heavy armor wearing demonic kinda dark magic skill user able to use all weapon combos but have different skills associated as its class kinda a Death Assistant melee + demonic /dark powerful magic verse being a heavy healer like the guardian in all be a better class then all currently well more fun anyway by all weapon combos i mean dual wield axes swords daggers 2 hand swords and all ranged weapons just have different ability’s i just think it be a blast

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Hmm…

Honestly, just the continuation and eventual conclusion of the story.

I recently spent 60 gold trying out different builds on several of my characters. With each build, I realized that play felt exactly the same as the last build and the build before it. The only difference was that power DPS builds would get it done slightly faster, condi DPS build slightly slower, and tanky or healy builds even slower than that; and that a higher energy regen allowed me more leeway to screw around.

That was when I realized, there is no reason to add any gameplay driven content. Story content and visual customization are pretty all GW2 has going for it at this point. The variance in gameplay meant to be created by the customization system and stat system is completely nullified by the dodge system and poor mob mechanics. Until they address those issues there is really no point in doing anything but continuing the story or visually customizing your character.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Brief said, there are way too much things, that would excite me in GW2, that it would end up easily in a huge list with far over 25 points.

So I will just name my personal Top 5:

1) Sub Classes
2) Player Housing + Guild Halls/Islands (Guild Housing)
3) Various Forms of Raids (Heroic Fractals, Guild Crusades, Dungeon Crawls, Battlegrounds ect.)
4)Playable Tengus and some new on them based explorable Maps around the Dominion of the Winds
5) New Skills and new Weapons like Halberds, Claws, Whips, Crossbows, Quarterstaffs and Great Axes

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

New dungeons and raids and the option to turn off all changes the feature patches brought separately.

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

Precursor crafting/scavenger hunt
New weapons for existing professions
New hairstyles and hopefully a big re-work of the char creation to be much wider and help to customize and differ (scars, make up, etc to be applied on the face, not be forced to either choose the face you like or the features you want on it)
New dungeons and fractals
New titles, hopefully being something to fight for, not grind/pay for.

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

No idea what excites me about the future, as they haven’t published a road map.

If they announced something new then I’d be more excited about the future. As it is, based on current releases such as ‘NPE’ and the new restricted daily I’m not sure I’ll be in the future of this game.

Maybe if they announced ‘from tomorrow, any new toon made after today will be rewarded with a precursor of their choice upon completion of the pve world map (wvw maps have been removed from the requirement) we’d have something to work on.

Oh, and a weapon swap for eles….

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

(edited by Baldrick.8967)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I am excited about finding a replacement…

Having a hard time thinking of anything that got me excited since release. Thinking of disappointments seems to come much easier.

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

Precursor crafting has become so irrelevant that I nor anyone sane even cares. I am probably officially not following precursor crafting anymore. The people who talk about it continually rely on unproven arguments and try to stretch something that does not matter. The only thing they better worry about are the counter arguments that can occur if they try to cross the line and twist developer comments that are outdated. The final product will probably be more work than the current method minus some RNG.

Yeah 2 year old weapons. Even if they came out with the stuff now it’d be 3 years old before it’d be completed to do the same old content……. They’d have to come out with a totally new set of Legendaries that have the same or better stats, totally new looks, and a guaranteed way of acquiring them to even give it a chance of being worth it to try the game again. But I really don’t have to worry about it because they can do whatever they want and it doesn’t affect my gaming. Their irrelevant until they do something to make themselves relevant again…..good luck.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Precursor crafting has become so irrelevant that I nor anyone sane even cares. I am probably officially not following precursor crafting anymore. The people who talk about it continually rely on unproven arguments and try to stretch something that does not matter. The only thing they better worry about are the counter arguments that can occur if they try to cross the line and twist developer comments that are outdated. The final product will probably be more work than the current method minus some RNG.

Depends on how the login rewards work out! Maybe it’ll get extended to “log in every day for a year and get your choice of precursor”.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

lol, the new dailies make me laugh:

We asked for them to be more transparent.

And then they talk about metrics whilst introducing “daily login rewards”.

While that move was indeed fully transparent, it wasn’t quite what we were shooting for…