What goes well with Aurene?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hammerstun.9453

Hammerstun.9453

So we were discussing all the dragons killed and what to do with all that meat. That lead to the discussion of what wine would go best with Aurene. And since everything goes with mashed potatoes what other side dishes would go well. Since we were unsure if Aurene was a red meat or white meat we decided to reach out to the community to further the discussion.

Posted by: Nurgle The Vile One.2138

Nurgle The Vile One.2138

I see aurene as more of a poultry meat so i’d say a nice white whine with some baked broccoli and cheese

Posted by: DrummerX.8549

DrummerX.8549

I like me some good ol’ Baked Beans. Bushes style. You know the extra brown sugar kind.

Posted by: Jytar.8209

Jytar.8209

Well as norn I have to say it really does not matter if Aurene is red or white meat. Just serve up some dragon meat slowly cooked with some mash potatoes, fresh picked veggies, and a tall mug of mead. Us in the north love our mead and goes well with anything.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Sorry, you lost me at mashed potatoes. Disgusting food (and yes I have had them made really well) that ruins any meal it’s part of.

But also I’m not sure any of the dragons are made of meat. At least not meat you’d want to eat. Zhaitan was undead and looked quite rotten so I can’t imagine he would be hygenic or taste particularly nice. Same goes for Tequatl and the other Champions we’ve seen. And Mordremoth was a mass of vines which are probably poisonous and certainly looked very tough and fibrous.

Aurene appears to be at least partially made of crystal, like her mother and the Shatterer. Which oddly enough might make her the most edible so far as there are some edible crystals – best known being salt and sugar.

Even so I don’t imagine it’d be something you’d want as a main ingredient. I’d say make a curry or a stir-fry and use little bits for flavour.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Emmalouise.1763

Emmalouise.1763

Apple sauce, I expect her to be porky tasting

www.girlgamerchronicles.com

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Sorry, you lost me at mashed potatoes. Disgusting food (and yes I have had them made really well) that ruins any meal it’s part of.

As an Irishman I feel personally offended by this brutal attack on my culture, nay my very core. You sir/madam are a cad and a bounder! I challenge you to pistols at dawn.

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

Poor poor Aurene :< all of you are BARBARIC!

Posted by: Witch of Doom.5739

Witch of Doom.5739

Since the OP is talking about wine and not whine, then I have a suggestion. Whenever I can’t decide between red and white, nothing speaks to me like a good Beaujolais Nouveau. Surely one of the most wonderful sentences in the English language is “Le Beaujolais nouveau est arrivĂ©!” Wait, that’s French; never mind. Sadly, we have to wait for November.

Posted by: Professor Sprout.1560

Professor Sprout.1560

Since one of my characters is RP’d as a working class northerner, she’d probably go with dragon kittens in gravy with peas, chips and a Newcastle Brown. Might work for you OP since you could swap the peas for mash.

EDIT: huh, forgot that this was an American site. Hopefully a wikipedia link will get around the censorship so y’all will know what that “kitten” refers to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/kitten_

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

So we were discussing all the dragons killed and what to do with all that meat. That lead to the discussion of what wine would go best with Aurene.

We had a barbecue. It tasted like chicken. I had a beer. What else to say.

(edited by Zok.4956)

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

So we were discussing all the dragons killed and what to do with all that meat. That lead to the discussion of what wine would go best with Aurene.

We had a barbecue. It tasted like chicken. I had a beer. What else to say.

Wait, what kind of beer?

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

“What goes well with Aurene?”

Friendship!
Adventure!
Hugs!
Mentoring!

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

AncientYs.8613

“What goes well with Aurene?”

Friendship!
Adventure!
Hugs!
Mentoring!

now THAT’s the kind of post i want to see! not all these barbarians trying to eat poor little Aurene :<

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Aurene is like a living bloodstone. And we know how well those go with food. (Hint: They don’t.)

But if she starts to breathe fire, then we can introduce her to hot dogs and marshmallows and campout cooking!

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

AncientYs.8613

Aurene is like a living bloodstone. And we know how well those go with food. (Hint: They don’t.)

But if she starts to breathe fire, then we can introduce her to hot dogs and marshmallows and campout cooking!

yay for campout cooking

Posted by: Uden Reavstone.3426

Uden Reavstone.3426

Forget campout cooking! We need to teach Aurene how to cook chicken and use this dragon fire recipe to open a restaurant in Lion’s Arch called Krytan Fried Chicken or KFC for short!

“Blue team for life.”
“They can’t see me. I can’t see them.”
Michael J. Caboose ~ RvB

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

BBW sauce, bacon works with it and a Salmon Salad.

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Don’t know about you, but my character has been around enough Bloodstone and Unbound Magic that I’m pretty sure she has an addiction to the stuff by now.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Mashed potatoes for an excuisite meal that goes with wine? How uncultivated in the eyes (or rather, on the tongue) of any gourmet cook. Only Americans can suggest something like that.

Also, Jytar, I doubt that Norn eat mashed potatoes with their rustic meals.

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

Assuming she’s reptilian, maybe a marinade with a vinegar-base and something like asparagus and some shallots? No deep-frying, though. Too greasy.