What happened to Chill Stacks?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AndyJo.8794

AndyJo.8794

Is chill not supposed to stack to 5? Is that actually working for anyone right now?

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Chill stacks duration, not intensity. There’s a cap on the number of sources contributing to the duration.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Chill stacks duration, not intensity. There’s a cap on the number of sources contributing to the duration.

They should probably change that since reapers can apply damage through chill now, they changed damaging conditions to stack so no one would miss out for condi builds, but now chill does damage and falls under the “damaging” conditions list.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I am wondering if I should agree… when looking at fear and terror (terror has a very low uptime so overwrites are rare…)

In the case of chill, chill stays chill….. Chill is an easily applied control condition like cripple (and weakness, and the like) and thus UPTIME is more important, enemies have reduced recharge, reduced speed and in case of reapers a lot of other attached stuff goes on, like lower damage from or to the enemy and dmg done by the condition, the conditin spreading..

Why I could see benefits:
Multiple reapers could stack dmg in case of multiple chill providers you couldstill get your damage in, problem: damaging chill could be stacked, non damaging chill would have lower uptimes
Why not
Coverage (duration uptime) would likely drop lowering reaper effecitiveness due to the amount of trait’s functioning around chill….

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.