What happened to Mai Trin again?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

As far as I can remember from watching youtube videos of the major character in the Lw world we know most of them will play a role in HoT and LW S3. The only one Im not familiar with was Mai Trin. All I know about her is that she assasinated a member of the Captain’s Council. What was her ultimate fate? Is there a possibility she might return?

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

Most recently, she was freed by her Aetherblade crew from Lion’s Arch, and escaped to Edge of the Mists to lead them. Since Scarlet’s death, it’s uncertain what’s on her agenda, but it’s entirely possible we’ll hear of her again.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

She was captured during the Aetherblade retreat dungeon (now Fractal). She was then broken out of her prison in LA during the attacks and went to the Edge of the Mists with the Aetherblades using Scarlet’s portals.

She doesn’t appear in EotM anymore, so from this point, we don’t know.

Any other queries like this, feel free to visit: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Captain_Mai_Trin

Wealth of info on there.

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

She was captured during the Aetherblade retreat dungeon (now Fractal). She was then broken out of her prison in LA during the attacks and went to the Edge of the Mists with the Aetherblades using Scarlet’s portals.

She doesn’t appear in EotM anymore, so from this point, we don’t know.

Any other queries like this, feel free to visit: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Captain_Mai_Trin

Wealth of info on there.

Actually, she does appear on a transmission to the Aetherblades in EotM, where she demands they call her admiral, if I recall right.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Does she still appear there? That’s cool, I thought they removed her.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Some Risen Illiterates drank her because they fancied a kittentail.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

hmmmmmmmmm well since we know she is alive, maybe she will be involved in a story arc with ellen kiel? (and consequently magnus and MAYBE hero-tron and evon?)

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

What happened to Mai Trin? She’s currently residing in my Mini collection.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I kind of want enemies like Mai Trin and the Aetherblades to make a return in Living World Season 3.

The Aetherblades were really cool.

Heck, I want Tower of Nightmares and the Toxic Alliance to return, too! Just make a copy of the Tower somewhere in the Heart of Maguuma, and I’m sure no one will complain.

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

I kind of want enemies like Mai Trin and the Aetherblades to make a return in Living World Season 3.

The Aetherblades were really cool.

Heck, I want Tower of Nightmares and the Toxic Alliance to return, too! Just make a copy of the Tower somewhere in the Heart of Maguuma, and I’m sure no one will complain.

Expanding on this idea, when we take into consideration that the main thing keeping these three groups together (the Toxic Alliance, Molten Alliance and Aetherblades) was Scarlet herself, with her being gone, it’s only natural that the three factions would eventually splinter without their leader. They don’t exactly have matching agendas in the first place, and were only united in their efforts when Scarlet gave them a common goal to work towards.

With that gone, I could see the three groups going to war with each other. Perhaps they could have that in a living story event and we, as the players, have to try diffuse the situation.

They could do something similar to the Scarlet invasions. Battles would break out on certain maps every few hours between the three factions, and players would have to enter the maps and defeat them to stop the fighting. If we manage to defeat enough enemy groups in time, three generals would appear representing the three factions, and players would split up to defeat them within a certain amount of time.

I think it would be quite fun. XD

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

That is actually a great ideea, Tenrai Senshi. I am not a big fan of their steam tank appearance and stalling combat tactics, but the aetherblades idea itselsf is quite iconic. I am not sure if Mai Trin should have a leading role with them, pirates are not exactly known to react kindly to failures.

Strange enough, the faction that should be divided the most are the only ones really left in the core game, without being in a dungeon, is the Toxic Alliance. Both have indeed no love for anyone, and the krait are on top of that also xenophibic isolationists.

I don´t see the Molten Alliance too far from each other. The dredge can only benefit from a strong, hand to hand experienced ally like the Charr helping them navigate on the surface, and the value of an ally with digging, infantry carrying tanks seems out of question for me.

It´s really a shame that Scarlets constructs have vanished. They were fun to fight against and had class, the steam creatures left behind are sadly not worth the effort hunting them down, clearly showing why they appear to be only prototypes in ls2 lore if you can believe the writings of Scarlet.