What happened to the playlists and Silence?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

I put a Silence.mp3 in front of all my playlists save the menu and boss playlists (because they don’t work). The reason I do is because according to the custom playlist page on the wiki, the first track is always played first.

Now, for SOME odd reason, the playlist is behaving as if the Silence.mp3 doesn’t exist and it’s always playing the second track first. This has happened to me about 5-6 times in a row, and I think that’s too many times in a row to be random.

What happened? What’s causing this problem?

AegisRunestone.8672

Sorry to double post, but does anyone know what happened? They did change something about the main menu music where it doesn’t play anymore when loading an area.

Posted by: Dav.9152

Dav.9152

I’ve not had any such issues with my custom playlists. The only one that I’ve noticed doesn’t work for me is Crafting.

Live, learn, level up.

AegisRunestone.8672

Really? That’s interesting. I wonder what’s wrong. What format do you use as your playlists and what format is your ‘silence’ song?

AegisRunestone.8672

I think I know what happened. Certain songs play first in certain areas. Apparently, Anet changed the way custom playlists work, which makes me sad because I liked the old way.

Crafting seems to be gone.