What happened tuesday?

What happened tuesday?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MystikaLsmuRF.7150

MystikaLsmuRF.7150

Like.. really, what the kitten happened on tuesday ? Was there a kitten you maintenance or something just to kitten things up 3x worse ?

What happened tuesday?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

…nothing happened on Tuesday. What sort of vague complaint are you getting at?

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

What happened tuesday?

MystikaLsmuRF.7150

Man it took them almost a month to fix the lag issue (for more people) they implemented along with the september patch and ever since like tuesday, all of us who have had this fixed just got worse than it was initially when it was already terrible. It is seriously kittening insulting and annoying at this point

Not to mention I spent 2 full weeks talking to different techs from my ISP every day to trying to solve things out a million different ways with nothing to be done since it’s on their end until it finally solved itself only to screw things up again 1-2 weeks after

What happened tuesday?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I haven’t come across any lag issues myself, but have you checked in with technical forum? Any lag issues are best reported there since that is where the tech guys read up on any reported issues.

What happened tuesday?

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

What a terrible thread. File a ticket and they’ll look into your personal problem, as the majority of players are fine.

AFAIK only Thursday night NA time/NA servers had a small percentage of people having connectivity issues.

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

What happened tuesday?

Posted by: Shylark.4951

Shylark.4951

Man it took them almost a month to fix the lag issue (for more people) they implemented along with the september patch and ever since like tuesday, all of us who have had this fixed just got worse than it was initially when it was already terrible. It is seriously kittening insulting and annoying at this point

Not to mention I spent 2 full weeks talking to different techs from my ISP every day to trying to solve things out a million different ways with nothing to be done since it’s on their end until it finally solved itself only to screw things up again 1-2 weeks after

Well I really doubt they tried a million things.. Most ISP tech support can barely talk let alone help you…. That being said what have you done your self for tests??? I ask because I had a ISP that the techs kept saying every thing was great on their end… Turned out running a TRACERT to the server of the game I was playing Showed the ISP had a bad router about 500 miles away from me…. But none of the Techs could even run the trace….. So maybe instead of Blaming the game here you should do some real testing….

Life is just a Big Role Playing Adventure…

What happened tuesday?

MystikaLsmuRF.7150

wat

What happened tuesday?

Posted by: Neko Dudley.2495

Neko Dudley.2495

tracert doesn’t tell how good your isp is. Only how good it is at the moment you run tracert.

Gate of Madness [MAL] EB
Yarr! I be keeping me pirate runes, Matey. Yarr! You’re welcome. Yarr!

What happened tuesday?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

To answer a question you didn’t ask (but should have): No, i don’t think there was any change in the game at Tuesday. At least i haven’t noticed any (that includes increased lags or any other similar problems). If it was a game problem, more people would have noticed, but since your problem seems not to be shared by others, most likely it wasn’t due to something that happened game-side. That still leaves any of the ISP’s between you and game servers.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

What happened tuesday?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

And it ain’t my ISP cuz yet again it’s only gw2 which has issues

Probably because GW2 is the only server you’ve attempted to connect to that’s located in Dallas, Texas (NA) or Frankfurt, Germany (EU).

When an ISP says it’s not their problem, it’s because the problem isn’t between you, the ISP and their network. Thousands of networks are connected together, which makes up the Internet. If a single network on your route has a problem, you’re going to have a problem. Normally these issues are resolved within a few days, but in some areas, popular high bandwidth services (ie Netflix, BitTorrent) are overloading the older networks, requiring them to be upgraded.

If you want to confirm that it is GW2 that is the problem, you will need a full map with random people and for everyone on that map to confirm that they have the same problem. Otherwise, it’s not GW2.

What happened tuesday?

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

So what does your tracert indicate to you? Have you attempted to use different looking glass tools as well?

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

What happened tuesday?

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

And it ain’t my ISP cuz yet again it’s only gw2 which has issues

Probably because GW2 is the only server you’ve attempted to connect to that’s located in Dallas, Texas (NA) or Frankfurt, Germany (EU).

~Snip~

Do we know for a fact that GW2 is only in Dallas, TX, because I know that NCSoft has/had 3 data centers in N.A., Los Angeles, CA, Dallas, TX and one in North Carolina, as that is where GW1 is/was located(all owned lock, stock and barrel by NCSoft with a built in constant upgrade to the servers in the contract) and when GW2 was released it was housed in the same data center’s as GW1. I suppose I could find this out from NCSoft somewhere, heck it might even be included in their financial reports, but I highly doubt it, and if they’ve consolidated into one data center then that’s part of the problem. at least for N.A.. I know EU is having issues, so not sure what the problem is there.

What happened tuesday?

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

You could always use netstat to find out what GW2.exe is connecting to.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle