What happens if you buy PoF?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ShenMo.6190

ShenMo.6190

Hi. I m relatively new to the game. I bought pof yesterday. I cannot understand if that gives me the heart of thorns expac content too, or do i have to buy it separately?

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

When you bought PoF you had the option to add HoT for some extra cost (I think 20$). If you didn’t do this, then you don’t have HoT now. You can still add HoT to your account.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: ShenMo.6190

ShenMo.6190

What are the benefits of buying it now? And if i already bought PoF, when do i get the max level boost? I can t seem to find the option in game.

(edited by ShenMo.6190)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The advantage would be buying Heart of Thorns in a bundle with Path of Fire for a $10 savings in cost.

You should see your L80 Boost once you log into the game, again. If not, just wait a few hours, log out and log in, again. Though, as a new player, I’d suggest only using it after leveling one or two character naturally.

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

Posted by: Odinens.5920

Odinens.5920

The boost will be an item in your shared inventory slot. You cannot move it out of that location until you use it.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

And if i already bought PoF, when do i get the max level boost? I can t seem to find the option in game.

Have you applied the game code from the email to your account? Once that is done (the PoF image in your account overview page should say “active”), the max level boost should turn up next time you log in.

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

And if i already bought PoF, when do i get the max level boost? I can t seem to find the option in game.

Have you applied the game code from the email to your account? Once that is done (the PoF image in your account overview page should say “active”), the max level boost should turn up next time you log in.

Wow….I bought the ultimate edition awhile ago. Figured you just didn’t get it till launch. Had 0 idea you had to redeem a code. /sigh

Seems silly if I bought it directly from the website.

Thanks for the accidental help!

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Wow….I bought the ultimate edition awhile ago. Figured you just didn’t get it till launch. Had 0 idea you had to redeem a code. /sigh

Thanks for the accidental help!

You’re welcome, I guess :P
Have fun with your new goodies.

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

It’s so you can buy it to give away

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

It’s so you can buy it to give away

In the grand scheme of things, it’s pretty minor. But most companies have a gift option haha.