What has happened to the Game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Helljumper.3621

Helljumper.3621

So I came back about a week ago, after a 8 month hiatus. The game was totally different.
Suddenly I had less traits, and a bunch of other things had changed (in my opinion for the worst).

Now atleast I was getting back into it you know. Im enjoying my story and see I have a whole nother season to look forward too and everything.

I always knew there was going to be a cash shop in the game and cosmetic stuff would be sold.

But I cannot make this any clearer.

Whatever your reasons for screwing with the story, let me tell you, every player felt it the moment they saw it:

You guys did it for the cash.

The Buy it Now! You can grind through 10 levels or just buy it now!

Wow…really? Selling out.

When I first purchased the game, I could do the story when ever I wanted.

You have now, essentially made me have to grind more just to do story missions which I used to play to friggin Level in the first place. Before if I couldnt beat a mission (just in case you want to say the missions were too hard), encouraged social play (which by the way, someone hypocritically states is the real mission of the game in the first few minutes of the online manual) by making /map to someone in the world to help me out! (Thats how I JOINED MY FIRST GUILD!)

Now maybe I couldve let it slide if someone if your kitten office wouldve just stopped being a greedy fool, and let me keep the first season as is, but like I said your “fixing the pace” reason is just not true, you had to add a price tag to my chapters. Everything about the game has felt right from the beginning. NO OTHER GAME WILL EVER BE AS CASUAL AS GUILD WARS 2 IN THE GOD kitten FIRST PLACE. kitten MAN. HOW MUCH EASIER DO YOU WANT TO MAKE IT?

No the real question you guys have is not for yourselves, its for us and its this one…

“Whats it worth to you to have an easier time?”

I hate this game man, every guild that used to be really active besides a few has slowly either faded away, or lost alot of great people. This is my first forum post, but man, just look at your players moods man!

IS THIS THE ANET of Guild Wars 1??

IS IT?

NO. You guys are fools, and I do hope you guys turn it around, because I fear you guys are going to push all the players away from your game (atleast the ones similar to the ones who have kept Guild Wars 1 alive for you).

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Welcome back to GW2!

Posted by: Merelvp.7612

Merelvp.7612

haha i’m sorry dude head up it’s going be alright ^^

Posted by: Helljumper.3621

Helljumper.3621

Ask yourself: “How can I make this content better?"

I would fire who ever approved all the things besides the TP update (if its the same person then Im sorry bub)

but no all jokes aside…

How can you ask me that?
By playing it? Maybe I should change my attitude? Go from always exploring things, and having a multitude of things to do – to feeling like a sheep by being restricted by a fence on both sides, which leads me to buying whatever your currency is (i dont use it so i dont even know).

Consider: How have you seen this particular problem solved in other games?

You know how hilarious it is that you asked this. I did once see it fixed, in a game called Guild Wars 2 that was released last summer!!! They released a game that delivered on alot of things that players wanted at the time (Fair Markets, no P2W bs, no Pay Walls,) with all the crappy MMOs out at the time. And they had a really cool vision. They made me happy with all the cool stuff they were always putting out.

Consider: How do you think this particular element or aspect of the game could be improved?

Please just revert it back, its not even that hard im sure.

Tell us why: If we ask a specific question, don’t just answer it—tell us why you answered that way.

I am answering things this way, because I am disappointed. And Guild Wars 2 is the game that I trusted to not be going down the road its going (and most of your loyal players who take breaks and come back Im sure can relate). So many games are already like this. I always came back to Guild Wars 1 because I felt like I knew what I was gonna get. My expectations were always met! Atleast your original promises.
thats why I came back to Guild Wars 2 every 1 or 2 months to check in, I didnt log in since the trait update cause it sucked. And now to have it followed by this pile of kitten, is just crazy.

Please guys.

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

I’m suspecting these changes were beyond Anet’s control. They’re probably at the mercy of their NCSoft publishers now.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Some people like the changes. Some people don’t. Seems that not everyone will feel the same about every change. I didn’t like the trait changes from the April 15th patch, but with the exception of a few glaring omissions, I like the changes in this patch.

Posted by: Charleston Chew.1209

Charleston Chew.1209

Ever heard of the process of adapting to changes? No? I take it you don’t play many MMO’s then.

Kill me again or take me as I am,
for I shall not change.

Posted by: Theundersigned.4761

Theundersigned.4761

Do you mean Living Story Season 2? Because it’s free if you login for a couple seconds in the two weeks following the episode’s release.

I know this doesn’t make missing the first episodes any better, but they really are extremely cheap.

Although I could be wrong. I’m having a bit of trouble deciphering your complaints.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Simple answer to the question.

Someone who clearly doesn’t get user experience got in charge of the decision making process. I mean just look at the TP update, it now requires on average three times the clicks of the previous TP, selling stacks of items is tedious and you can’t really tell if you’re undercutting yourself unless you pre-check it, etc. Players wanted some new filters, what we got was a reduction in functionality and an increase in time to make transactions….that’s not the sign of someone competent or remotely familiar with the UI making decisions.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

(edited by Protoavis.9107)

Posted by: Charleston Chew.1209

Charleston Chew.1209

1000 people 1000 tastes. Only on the internet every single one of those 1000 thinks his opinions are more important than those of the others.

When in the reality, none of your or mine opinions matter at all. ArenaNet has a vision for game and the game will look like it. I don’t feel sorry you don’t enjoy it and I feel lucky that I do.

Kill me again or take me as I am,
for I shall not change.