What has happened to the Tengu?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

I was hoping that before we got the Living story line that we would get to enjoy exploring the mystery of the Tengu . The closed gate in Lions Arch is a constant reminder of things to come and I can say I am disappointed in not having this story line released and I feel that the living story hasn’t excited me at all.

There is also the closed gate to the crystal desert that I am itching to open .

The karka event and the current Living story line really is disappointing as neither has excited the adventure to explore and i hope that the devs have something more special to come in the next few months to get us out and excited again about this wounderful world they have created.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You probably won’t see the tengu area until the first paid expansion, when they give us an option to make a tengu character.

I wouldn’t expect to see the tengu stuff any time soon.

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

I think Tengu content might be problematic, since the Tengu of Kryta are Canthan exiles, and GW2 has been moving away from that direction ever since the Cantha District became a scorched crater.

User was infracted for being awesome.

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

The closed gate in Crystal Desert is probably not going to be openable until an expansion is released to kill that crystal dragon(No clue how to spell his name)

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Tengu gathered, built their own city and further advance their culture to that of an advance specie such a human, norn, charr etc! and they will most likely be the new races avaible on the upcoming gw2 expansion ( which Anet is currently NOT working on) along side the Kodan

Tengu Info Here

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

The closed gate in Crystal Desert is probably not going to be openable until an expansion is released to kill that crystal dragon(No clue how to spell his name)

They moved thanks to a Tsunami and currently live in Dominion of Winds & Maguuma Jungle!

oh and next dragon, 99% sure, it will be Primordus. Also we should see lots of rock rock dwarf coming from withing earth coming to fight the dragon!

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

They moved thanks to a Tsunami and currently live in Dominion of Winds & Maguuma Jungle!

oh and next dragon, 99% sure, it will be Primordus. Also we should see lots of rock rock dwarf coming from withing earth coming to fight the dragon!

They fled from Cantha because the emperor wiped out all non-humans.

We don’t know if there are Tengu living in the Maguuma jungle, as far as I know they all live in the DoW (except the traders, who live close to the wall)

Next dragon will probaply be Jormag, the Pact already has troops pushing north + he is the most mentioned Dragon next to Zaithen, Primordus, while we saw him in GW:EotN, he isn’t treathening Tyria so badly as Jormag/Kralkie/Zaithan(RIP)

+ The dwarfs are won’t come up again, they might be allies in the Depths of Tyria, but they’ll just kill destroyers, as they don’t really think, they just fight destroyers
(except Ogden)

-wouw

+Tengu will most likely become playable, they were even planned to be a playable race, but scraped!

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Posted by: Ottyk.1528

Ottyk.1528

OP, you’re talking like GW2 has been knocking out content for years. It’s still early days, we’ve had literally a month of Living Story content so far. Even if the Tengu WERE to be featured in an upcoming Living Story (which I doubt), maybe you should give Anet longer than 7 months before being disappointed that storylines haven’t opened up yet.

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

OP, you’re talking like GW2 has been knocking out content for years. It’s still early days, we’ve had literally a month of Living Story content so far. Even if the Tengu WERE to be featured in an upcoming Living Story (which I doubt), maybe you should give Anet longer than 7 months before being disappointed that storylines haven’t opened up yet.

More so I am getting at the fact already in game they had the parts in place to go somewhere with except they go a totally left field direction with the Living Story .Don’t get me wrong in anyway I like new content but I am finding the living story has no real excitement about it at this stage. Maybe there is an end reason with a new dragon or what time will tell.
However just find it very odd that they haven’t run with the parts that are in game that from the day you stumble across you go MMMMMMMM wow this is interesting can’t wait to see what they have install for this, excitement scale 100.

Ottyk.1528

More so I am getting at the fact already in game they had the parts in place to go somewhere with except they go a totally left field direction with the Living Story .Don’t get me wrong in anyway I like new content but I am finding the living story has no real excitement about it at this stage. Maybe there is an end reason with a new dragon or what time will tell.
However just find it very odd that they haven’t run with the parts that are in game that from the day you stumble across you go MMMMMMMM wow this is interesting can’t wait to see what they have install for this, excitement scale 100.

Maybe that’s the plan… Maybe Anet want you to get really excited then keep you in suspense for a year and a half until they decide to drop a Tengu expansion pack :P

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Pretty sure i read there will be no paid expansions, so i’m not sure when if ever this stuff will be added..

Posted by: Riviriel.9718

Riviriel.9718

Pretty sure i read there will be no paid expansions, so i’m not sure when if ever this stuff will be added..

They only said they are not currently working on a expansion, not that they won’t ever. And I think they have done a great job at adding free content so far and look forward to more.

Ottyk.1528

They once said that there will be no extra campaigns like there was for GW1 but there would be expansions, which is an entirely different thing altogether.