What have you found that made you smile?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I remember in Guild Wars 1, I don’t even remember exactly where, but out in the middle of nowhere away from settlements or any landmarks, coming across a little 2 foot high decorated Christmas tree just standing on the side of a hill all by itself. No real reason for it to be there, it just was.

What have you found in GW2, in some out of the way place that made you smile when you found it? (Pictures a plus!)

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Giganticus Moosicus and the sunken lion statues in LA.

Moosicus made me smile from humor.

The lion statues made me smile from nostalgia.

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

I don’t even remember where this is, a Durmand Priory dig somewhere, but a passing male charr exclaims, “Ghost pirates! Haha, I love this job; it’s exciting!” and that just made me grin.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Khulaid the Conquerer, he’s a big red ogre boss outside Ebonhawk, and his event starts with him bursting in through a wall just like the Kool Aid drink mascot.

This one time, I was killing dredge on my way to an event, and this one yellow dredge mob starts singing a little mining diddy as I was sneaking up on him, and I was suddenly like “I can’t kill him he’s just doing his job!” and ever since then I’ve avoided killing the yellow dredge mobs.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The Dragon Ball NPCs’ conversation. Typical crazy sylvari…

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I can’t think of any items found in the world. Usually what hakes me smile is various NPC dialog, like these two standing near Swift Arrow in Caledon Forest.

Hayato: Here’s an idea: let’s knock on the humongous gate door, then hide and see what they do when they open up and no one’s there.

Caromi Scout: Please don’t talk to me for the remainder of the shift.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Rhiannon.1726

Rhiannon.1726

Cats always make me smile.

It looks like someone has to find another bed .

Attachments:

Posted by: Keypek.5716

Keypek.5716

I had a good laugh when I first stumbled upon Captain Penzan and his version of Major-General at the conclusion of his event when I was leveling my first toon.

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

Everytime I notice another Indiana Jones (1-3) reference. When I was a kid, I always dreamed of exploring ancient tombs, temples and dungeons just like that character in the movies. When I enter these places in GW2 my eyes begin to glow and when I actually notice a direct reference to the movies, I smile and my child-self laughs of joy.

The attention to detail in this game is mindblowing. I can travel the same locations for years and always find new stuff. I even found the holy grail, just a few days ago *_*

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

(edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870)

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

The tavern in Ebonhawke. It’s just a special place for RP.

Just walking around and listening to the NPCs talking, drinking and having a good time.

Actually OP…

You just made me think of all the special moments I have had since I started playing this amazing game… The journey through the world, all the events, all the dialouges, the jumping puzzles, the hidden things…

I really hope that they will make a new race at some point, because I really want to go through that journey again, but I can’t bring myself to do it again with a race I’ve already been playing for years.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Once in a while, I see something like this… or that…

Attachments:

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

You can’t beat GW1…

Kormir: We are too late. The corsairs have reached the village before us.
<Party leader>: There are a lot of them.
Koss the Boss: No. There are only two corsair ships, and three of us. We outnumber them!

Posted by: Nova.2890

Nova.2890

The golden chicken brought a smile to my face when i saw his attack “Lays Golden Eggs”

Attachments:

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

A player that whos toon has armor that’s coloured to make the toon look exactly like Marvin The Martian. Made my day.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Cheesey meat bit from meatoberfest. I had to stop and laugh.

Or the cattlepult. I honestly thought “spelling mistake? Oh no…No..It’s literal…”

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

I had a good laugh when I first stumbled upon Captain Penzan and his version of Major-General at the conclusion of his event when I was leveling my first toon.

Good one. You beat me to it.

Also, “My ears, how are you?”

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

First thing that comes to mind is the charr NPC ‘Pitmaster Genus Porterskmoke’. He’s based off the late Gene Porter, the proprietor of a BBQ joint located near-ish to Arenanet. Porter was something of a legend thanks to a sauce he referred to as “The Man”, which was probably very close to ghost peppers on the Scoville scale. Porter would only let customers try s small dollop.
The NPC Portersmoke also has a hot sauce your character can try….doing so causes Knockback, lights you on fire, and puts a status effect that says “Met the Man: you tried Pitmaster Genus Portersmoke’s famous hot sauce and lived to tell the tale”.
If nothing else, ya gotta love Anet’s real life references. Made me make my one and only real contribution to the GW wikis by making a page for this NPC.

Hate is Fuel.

(edited by The Greyhawk.9107)

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

The dialogue of this norn child.

When I first heard her as she ran around outside Eir’s home, I knew the game had me.

G R E E N E R

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

The Cat trying to catch the Rat at North Camp in Alpine Borderlands

Sometimes they just walk but when i first saw the Rat running away and the Cat chasing behind it it gave me a smile xD

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

“How much grog could a Quaggan quaff if a Quaggan could quaff grog?”

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: HenryChinaski.4732

HenryChinaski.4732

The whole room is amazing but the “Cat Power Plant” really made me laugh

https://youtu.be/n1xR0f-BT0E?t=2m42s

Edit:
Also had to laugh every time when i hear the little angry, thrustful quaggan at Coil Waypoint in Timberland Falls. At the Heart there, she is upset about the Krait

(edited by HenryChinaski.4732)

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Excelsior!

Somewhere some farmers, a man and a woman, have a chat about random stuff and the male is always responding so passively annoyed. It’s the combination of the (German) dubbing of the guy and the context that made me wait for it to be played again.

Also, there are two male Charr in the water to fix something with ropes but fail and curse at each other.

This game has so much soul in its world compared to so-called AAA titles coughFF14cough it’s such a joy! In general, the German dubbing is great and uses many well-known voices. During the Meatoberfest that vendor is dissing that guy but the way they talk is hilarious

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Karinn's_Passage#Ambient_dialogue

I just randomly stopped to clear out my inventory and heard the first exchange that made me laugh out loud.

Posted by: Andy.5981

Andy.5981

The Asura who has an aversion to Owls in Snowden Drifts – always makes me laugh, despite his obvious distress.

Rikkiti in Metrica Province, especially when he exclaims that he isn’t stupid.

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

The Goonies inspired jumping puzzle was the best thing I ever found while just wandering around.

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

The golems in fractals of the mist. Made me laugh when they meow. Out of the way? In the Divinity’s Reach home instance, first door on the left upon entering you can enter this old mans house. When asked what you are doing there you ‘joke’ about robbing the place and he doesnt know whether to take you seriously. GW2 has a lot of out of the way amusing conversations.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Posted by: Drecien.4508

Drecien.4508

While getting map completion in Divinity Reach, two children are talking. "Man those seraph sure do ask a lot of questions, I wasn’t expecting the Seraph Inquisition ". That made me spill my coffee.

14 level 80s All races/professions
Server-Blackgate, are there others?
Some must fight, so that all may be free. —Amora Soulkeeper.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

there is a heart in the 2nd or 3rd norn area, where your job is to throw buckets of water on passed out drunk people.

for some reason when I came back they were still there. still to this day don’t understand why.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: NotOverlyCheesy.9427

NotOverlyCheesy.9427

Rytlock Trombone and jungle Faren made me smile. First raid boss kills also make me smile always.

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

“Go chase your tail.”

Overheard it somewhere in the Brand.

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i discovered the lions arch jumping puzzle while just roaming around LA one day, killed a good few hours and i was smiling the whole time thinking “this is awesome!”

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Recently I was making the Lion’s Arch Exterminator (late, I know) and found some kind of office with a printing machine (where the karka is behind a flag). The guy crying on his desk while the others work really made my day.

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I was standing around the fractal gate area and just happened to hear 2 npc’s talking about the aerodrome.
The last part where charr realizes it’s a stingray sculpture and his reaction just made me laugh.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I smiled when I found the graves of Gwen, Proffesor Yakkington and Nicholas and my next experience was I felt a bit sad… as I would not see them again…

My gw1 experience was mostly focussed on Gwen. She was the little girl I did the 1st ingame mission for trying to find her flute…, and later with her help I found my way into every corner of Tryia. I felt joy when I attended her marriage with Thackeray.

I came to the fields of ruin and saw the graves and heard the music and I remembered 3 years of gameplay ( I started late), many friends , many allies, and a lot of people, PC or NPC.

It was more then just a smile. It was finding my former Tyrian life. and coming to terms with the new life I started and the reflection on the new friends, the new explorations and good times I was moving towards.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

so many things! every small detail they put in the game for explorers to find, like the skeletins with the chess game XD or the ceiling cat meme in the secret area outside of the manor’s intance in Queendale

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

On the Diessa Plateau there is a Tower with a Vista on the top. You can’t interact with it nor climb it by usual means.
If you speak to the people they gibber about flying cows along other crazy things.
But if you follow the direction they give you, you will actually come across a barn with a cow pen attached… and a gigantic machine labeled:
THE CATTLEPULT

That’s where I laughed my heart out!
This pun works even better in German (Katapult => Kuhtapult), which is my native language.
It was just so out of place, over the top and unexpected that it just worked.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Oh man, there are so many…
The asura in Rata Sum that starts arguing with a golem about how he was not loitering and starts to proclaim how his councilor would hear about this and then interrupts himself with,
“Why am I arguing with a golem?!”

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: Kate Soulguard.7132

Kate Soulguard.7132

About two weeks ago I was mapping in the Apostate Wastes, nestled in the southwestern corner of Fireheart Rise. There was no event going on, but then… I heard the most curious dialogue. Then I panned around and read along as I listened to a surreal conversation between a Grawl Shaman and a Harpy Matriarch:

Shaman Shoba: Oook ook oook! Be mine! Ahhk ahhk! Love you like warm mud!
Harpy Matriarch: Rawk! Funny wingless male. I claim you! I will pluck every hair from your back.
Shaman Shoba: I’m yours! Ook ook. Fly away with me! I am shaman to your shrine. Oo oo ook!
Harpy Matriarch: Fledglings! Rawk! Come here! Come see! Mama has a shaman!

C’est l’amour!” I said out loud. I sipped my wine and laughed for a minute. Then I slaughtered all the harpy fledglings. It was very memorable!

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

The two asuran progeny in Metrica Province going back and forth about how each other’s momma’s IQ is so low.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: TEKnowledgy.1760

TEKnowledgy.1760

a character that was named after me (coincidence probably) been using this game name before gw2 was even announced and yet i find a asura called Tekk To bad my ranger couldnt charm him and use him as a pet lol

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

The discussion near Accountancy waypoint in Rata Sum that ends with the memorable “Well, then we all die, or we bow down to our new golem overlords.”

The discussion about golem parentage between a Sylvari and an Asura gate technician in the Grove.

The children in Lion’s Arch playing Destiny’s Edge.

Snikk and Scratch.

Posted by: Koronin.6785

Koronin.6785

Deputy Mavronos in Black Haven hitting on the women.

Posted by: MissSinfully.2478

MissSinfully.2478

This little gem and the whole area that comes with it.

Attachments:

MissSinfully
Sonyanna
Dragonhunter

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

The potion that turns someone into a pineapple…

When charrs players heal themselves in down states… it’s hilarious.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

This made me chuckle whilst map-completing Mount Maelstrom on an alt yesterday.

When wielding the Deionizing Arcanoduster:

The pile of arcane crystal grindings shimmer menacingly.

• Don’t shimmer at me like that. I have a gun, you know.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcane_Crystal_Grinding

(edited by Ariurotl.3718)

Posted by: Wildfire.3947

Wildfire.3947

There’s a few conversations in The Grove that make me smile, when I manage to catch them:- the one between the Asuran male and Sylvari female standing near the gate to LA, where she’d asked who the golem’s mother was; a Sylvari talking about seeing these “little people” (children) for the first time; the reactions of two Sylvari when they ask a Charr about war (again, near the LA gate)….

Gryphons Without Wings [GWW], Australian/New Zealand guild, PvE/WvW (IoJ&SoS), Est. 2008

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

I can’t think of any items found in the world. Usually what hakes me smile is various NPC dialog, like these two standing near Swift Arrow in Caledon Forest.

Hayato: Here’s an idea: let’s knock on the humongous gate door, then hide and see what they do when they open up and no one’s there.

Caromi Scout: Please don’t talk to me for the remainder of the shift.

Ah yes, there is also a dialogue in the Monastery in Queensdale between a man and a women that also ends like this, don’t remember the exact words. Will check when I can log in.

I always smile when I stumble over Scout Acan in Verdant Brink playing the lute. Well done addition.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

(edited by Faaris.8013)

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Magister Sieran. But she also made me cry like a kid who dropped her ice cream.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Khulaid the Conquerer, he’s a big red ogre boss outside Ebonhawk, and his event starts with him bursting in through a wall just like the Kool Aid drink mascot.

This one time, I was killing dredge on my way to an event, and this one yellow dredge mob starts singing a little mining diddy as I was sneaking up on him, and I was suddenly like “I can’t kill him he’s just doing his job!” and ever since then I’ve avoided killing the yellow dredge mobs.

I’ve never seen Khulaid – that rocks. I’ll have to try to find him.

And I agree about the dredge. There are other bits like this that “humanize” the mobs we’re supposed to kill that make it difficult for me.

Thank you OP for starting this thread – I always enjoy this type of thread as it reminds me fondly of things I have experienced in-game and informs me of things I haven’t found yet and may go out of my way to see.

Oh, and I’ll contribute this line from the Salma District Home Instance that always makes me smile: “Ran into an asura. Called me a bookah. I think she was hitting on me.”

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

(edited by Djinn.9245)

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

Something that absolutely got me laughing was this in the ‘Magic sucks’ personal story chapter:

(after testing a weapon against the Risen who, because of an accident, overwhelmed the lab)
Professor Gorr: Brilliant. I’m brilliant! It works beautifully. The Vacuumagic Polarizer is ready for Orr!
INT-R COM: Ready for more? You heard him, apprentices. Get the – onto the teleporter pad!
(sends in more Risen)
Professor Gorr: What? No! I said Orr, not more! Gah. This INT-R-COM’s a mess!
INT-R COM: What’s that? Time to send the rest? Oh-kaaay! Incoming!
(sends in even more Risen)

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.