What have you found that made you smile?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

I’m very fond of the dredge boss’s dialogue at the end of the Molten Furnace fractal, before he comes down to fight. He’s all “uhhh, just gimme a- moment-”, awkwardly struggling with something while still hooked up to his intercom, and I just feel that awkwardness in my soul. He’s the kind of final boss I would be.

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

The golems in fractals of the mist. Made me laugh when they meow. Out of the way? In the Divinity’s Reach home instance, first door on the left upon entering you can enter this old mans house. When asked what you are doing there you ‘joke’ about robbing the place and he doesnt know whether to take you seriously. GW2 has a lot of out of the way amusing conversations.

Bonus: The enchanted treasure chest from the “Treasure Hunter” achievement is placed in his house.

Posted by: Arnox.5128

Arnox.5128

Only heard this from someone very recently but… There’s a secret in Black Citadel that will let you get into normally totally inaccessible areas. He was also talking about being able to get into an Ascalonian tomb using this secret.

And in the first Guild Wars, there’s a place in Ascalon called the Grendich Courthouse. It’s on the —- end of Ascalon which means no one really goes there so it’s mostly empty. And if you look around just a little, you’ll be greeted by this impressive view:

http://i.imgur.com/qspQjNl.jpg

You know, I spent a lot of time in Ascalon, and I spent a lot of time complaining about it, but funnily enough, I kinda miss it now. There were some pretty epic looking locations there in general and it did such a good job of looking so… Abandoned and desolate.

ArenaNet, please give us more skills!

(edited by Arnox.5128)

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

I don’t remember if she’s still there, but when Lyassa in Fort Salma cheerily sang:

“Chickens peck, and chickens munch,
Chickens cluck, and chickens crunch,
Chickens flap, and chickens croon,
Chicken’s on the table soon.”

Posted by: Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

“Your face is funny… all squished and weird!” “No… YOUR face is funny… it’s like a little raisin…”

Dagrin – Master of the downed state

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

“Your face is funny… all squished and weird!” “No… YOUR face is funny… it’s like a little raisin…”

Omg, I loved that in old LA. Is that still in game somewhere?

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: preacher.9370

preacher.9370

Ogre event in blazeridge steps, helping them get pets. event references this:

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

I visited the Monastery in Queensdale again, this is the dialogue:

Abbey Brother: “Here’s a hint: apple peels. A couple handfuls in the keg give a light, fruity tone. Now ask no more!”
Sister Melea: “I wasn’t asking.”
Abbey Brother: “Good, good. Because my lips are airtight.”

Sister’s annoyed tone makes it for me. It’s clear that this was not the first stupid idea he presents to her.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I was really into the tv show Supernatural when the game first came out. I loved this Easter egg:

Jahn Winchest
1250—1302AE
Died protecting his sons
Saving people was his family’s business

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Lazzoman.8173

Lazzoman.8173

The “Crystal Oasis” music in HoT.
Really brought back some good memories from my GW1 time.

Posted by: Sarabi.8310

Sarabi.8310

The waters of the plains of ashford, there’s a real beauty to the world bellow the surface, with towering kelp and drowned ruins littering the lake beds.

Posted by: Megastorm.6219

Megastorm.6219

The Goonies pirate ship complete with One-Eyed Willie was pretty rad the first time I found that JP.

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

The Goonies pirate ship complete with One-Eyed Willie was pretty rad the first time I found that JP.

Are you referring to the one in the gilded hollow guild hall?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Are you referring to the one in the gilded hollow guild hall?

I’m pretty sure they mean the one in Harathi Hinterlands (Fawcett’s Bounty).

Posted by: Lanfear.1259

Lanfear.1259

Does anyone remember the conversation between Job-O-Tron and a Norn in Southsun? The Job-O-Tron was trying to figure out what the Norn’s career was. There used to be a video of the conversation but I cannot find it anywhere. I loved it when the Job-O-Tron concluded that the Norn had delusions of grander and was was a hobo. Made me laugh every time.

Posted by: DirtyDan.4759

DirtyDan.4759

After using Flesh Golem on my female Sylvari for the first time I let it charge into a group of 8 mordrem. He died in 3 seconds and my Sylvari said “I loved that little fellow.” Girl, you just met him.

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

The two asuran progeny in Metrica Province going back and forth about how each other’s momma’s IQ is so low.

This one for me for sure. While running to where I was going, I ran into these two and listened in after one of them blurted “your momma..” and it escalated quick.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: demitel.1340

demitel.1340

What is making me smile or chuckle are not certain things in this game, but some random events what might occur or you might come across. Here I have some examples.

Picture 1: Some random guys were playing Choir Bells at Firthside Vigil Waypoint and they all had the same dye. It was hilarious to watch.

Picture 2: Veteran Mordrem Vinetooth was trying to kill Veteran Stonehead and Stonehead didn’t give a kitten .

Picture 3: Somehow I got downed at the same time I started gliding when Mordrem Sniper hit me. I could not do anything but just to glide down slowly.

Attachments:

Posted by: Maizan.8516

Maizan.8516

Did a jumping puzzle for a daily last week. Forgot the name but I know it was the goonies inspired one. I checked the guide for it and in the tunnels you need to stay to the right. This is the line mama fratelli (if you know the movie) uses when the main character is looking for the bathroom. “Stay to the right!” Got a good laugh off that one and it’s a pretty subtle reference if you aren’t thinking about it as you go through the puzzle.

Posted by: Sarge shot Grif.6450

Sarge shot Grif.6450

In ebonhawke there’s a group of chickens and if you attack them enough they turn hostile, they have TONS of health and do decent damage. It made me so happy because it was an easter egg that I wasn’t shown or told about and I found it on my own.

Posted by: DeadTreeJig.6714

DeadTreeJig.6714

Most recently, when Bercilak is expecting a kiss from Gairwen and instead she drops him with a kick to the chest.

When a man lies he murders some part of the world – Paul Gerhardt
Just so we’re clear, I’m a solo player – Kirito
Live, Laugh, Love Kill Dredge – DedTreeJig

Posted by: bigtimetopbanana.9725

bigtimetopbanana.9725

so many lovely little touches made me smile when I found them:
- the cat room in the Wvw Borderlands
- the Agile Scrum meeting in Dry Top at 9:30am PST each day
http://imgur.com/a/Ompru
- the kids in Queensdale challenging you with questions about Destiny’s Edge
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Prove_you_know_a_lot_about_Destiny%27s_Edge
- the keg party going on at the SouthWest beach of Lion’s Arch