What i want from GW2's first huge "xpac"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Capped.4675

Capped.4675

This is a post detailing a select few things i would love to see from GW2’s first large content release. It is bound to come eventually, people want new zones, new classes, new races and Anet are sure to know and deliver this.

This is what i want but i would love to read your posts on this subject too!

1) One additional race.
I would love to see one new race implemented, i say one because i believe the 5 we currently have are amazing and i want to keep it that way, 1 new race can be perfected and crafted to success like the others were. I’m not sure what, something exotic, something different. Ive always been a fan of the Tengu, personally.

2) More player interaction.
I say “player interaction” because currently we don’t do a whole lot for our teammates. It’s all passive-effect from our skills, our field combos. Its very rarely in GW2 that you use a skill or do something to specifically benefit one of your teammates. Sure you spam your boons, helpful condition removal and aoe fields for the greater good but you never stop to think “crap Capped has X and needs me to use Y for him!”. GW2 suffers from a complete lack of this. Player interaction is essential to making a game difficult IMHO. Anet tried this with the combo fields but they just have too little effect on the easy content the game has to offer.

3) Two additional classes.
I would make these classes more to do with the above #2, player interaction. Bring back the original GW classes focused on “holy”, religion, buffing, healing. Combine the dervish and the paragon to make some sort of inspirational religious zealot with huge buffing potential. Bring back the monk entirely reworked to have better offensive capabilities yet effective focused healing. Things like this could work wonders with GW2.

4) Challenging content.
I mean, come on, is your idea of challenging content really rushing through everything spamming everything you have on cooldown? The original guild wars had some truly challenging PvE content. Even if people could speedclear it or had it on farm it didnt take much to die or wipe in many of the end-game areas, they required careful pulling and routing to even complete “easily”. GW2 really lacks in challenging end-game content, Its all rush rush spam spam zerg zerg.

5) New zones!
Bring on the crystal desert, the ring of fire, shing jea island, Istan, vabbi, the jade sea, new undiscovered lands! All of these places have such great potential within GW2’s engine and creative design. I simply can’t wait!

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

1- on a new race….if there is a new one it should be mostly humanish in build. Think Charr clipping issues are bad? Tengu will be exceptionally bad. I’d honestly go with Kodan if they give us a new race. (Personally I’d prefer Largos, but again….clipping.)

2- Personally I like the interaction as is. But I don’t like the busy playstyles myself.

3- We do need one more heavy armor class (to make it 3 like medium/light) and I’d personally like to see a counterpart to the guardian….something like a Dark Templar.

4- I’ll just be happy with more and varied content. I like the difficulty where it is. (again personal opinion)

5- Yes. Totally want new (lvl 80 only) zones and I love what we’re getting from Dry Top and can’t wait to see more!

Posted by: Lana Del Rey.1873

Lana Del Rey.1873

This is a post detailing a select few things i would love to see from GW2’s first large content release. It is bound to come eventually, people want new zones, new classes, new races and Anet are sure to know and deliver this.

This is what i want but i would love to read your posts on this subject too!

1) One additional race.
I would love to see one new race implemented, i say one because i believe the 5 we currently have are amazing and i want to keep it that way, 1 new race can be perfected and crafted to success like the others were. I’m not sure what, something exotic, something different. Ive always been a fan of the Tengu, personally.

I say “player interaction” because currently we don’t do a whole lot for our teammates. It’s all passive-effect from our skills, our field combos. Its very rarely in GW2 that you use a skill or do something to specifically benefit one of your teammates. Sure you spam your boons, helpful condition removal and aoe fields for the greater good but you never stop to think “crap Capped has X and needs me to use Y for him!”. GW2 suffers from a complete lack of this. Player interaction is essential to making a game difficult IMHO. Anet tried this with the combo fields but they just have too little effect on the easy content the game has to offer.

I would make these classes more to do with the above #2, player interaction. Bring back the original GW classes focused on “holy”, religion, buffing, healing. Combine the dervish and the paragon to make some sort of inspirational religious zealot with huge buffing potential. Bring back the monk entirely reworked to have better offensive capabilities yet effective focused healing. Things like this could work wonders with GW2.

4) Challenging content.
I mean, come on, is your idea of challenging content really rushing through everything spamming everything you have on cooldown? The original guild wars had some truly challenging PvE content. Even if people could speedclear it or had it on farm it didnt take much to die or wipe in many of the end-game areas, they required careful pulling and routing to even complete “easily”. GW2 really lacks in challenging end-game content, Its all rush rush spam spam zerg zerg.

5) New zones!
Bring on the crystal desert, the ring of fire, shing jea island, Istan, vabbi, the jade sea, new undiscovered lands! All of these places have such great potential within GW2’s engine and creative design. I simply can’t wait!

Attachments:

I heard that you like the bad girls, honey, is that true?

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

I would like to see more varied and challenging content as well. I have a few friends who passed on this game since there’s no serious “raid” style end-game PvE content. Granted, GW1 didn’t really have it either, but the enemies were more apt to run up and one shot you if you made a mistake and we were still able to create tanking mechanisms through exploiting some minor AI rules. That’s one of the problems with eschewing the trinity, it’s much harder to create compelling gameplay mechanics for large PvE groups.

At this point all I can do is wait and see… still half a dozen other MMOs on the market to fill that void for PvE purposes.

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

1) One additional race.

4) Challenging content.

5) New zones!

1. A new race, while pretty typical for an MMORPG “expansion”, would require a lot of thinking. Remember, a race has to be able to implement all of the professions in a way that makes sense. Other than that, Guild Wars 2 has had every race with at least a city, a 1-15 Zone and a 15-25 Zone (shared for Sylvari and Asura). Not only that, but each of those zones has a border with a higher zone that leads all the way up to 80. That’s a lot of new stuff to put in.
  2. If you never stop to think what your team mates need that is because you’re not playing in an organized team. And/Or you’re doing PvE.
  3. Ok, now that’s asking a lot. Firstly, a profession has to make sense for all races. Religion doesn’t make sense for anything outside of Humans. And even in the case of Humans, the Gods have been silent for ages and their temples corrupted. And let’s not even talk about healers. Ever.
  4. It’s been said over and over again that the truly “hardcore” are a very, very small minority. It’s a known issue that all hardcore content in an MMORPG are usually only played by like 5% of the playerbase, most of that concentrated into huge guilds. It’s not a good idea at all to design tons of content that most players will never play.
  5. They just released new stuff in the LS and you’re already asking for more? Wow…

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

Well I’m just going to post this here.

Attachments:

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

GIVE ME KODAN ALREADY.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I’d like to see them start a Tengu race with the LA baggage they would carry.

Yeah.. about that massacre of refugees at the gates.. uh..“awkward pause”.

Although.. a certain writer can just make it “Scarlett did it” Aetherblades in Big Bird suits.

I don’t think any expac is in the near future, if at all.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Posted by: Altariel.4610

Altariel.4610

1) One additional race. like dwarfs or one of gw2 races(like kodan)

2) One or Two additional classes. Like Bard/ Ministrel or Sumoner

3) More events types for groups.

4) New maps. We have a few lvl 80 maps

5) House or Guild house can be nice too

6) New weapons and more weapons combination – like Lance, Whip, Scythe and etc.

7) More hunter pet. And Asura permanent robot pet

8) More sylvari love… we need more plant armors

9) More customization. like body types- example: a few fat options.

Attachments:

(edited by Altariel.4610)

Posted by: Rhalas.4167

Rhalas.4167

Thought the head honcho said way back pre release that there wouldnt be a xpac?

[WAR]- HOD
Lord Rhalas: Commander

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

1. A new race [snip] That’s a lot of new stuff to put in.

It would be a lot of stuff, but necessarily new. There’s a lot of untapped regions (lore-wise and GW1-wise) that ANet could easily implement into starting zones and such. The Maguuma Jungle, the Far Shiverpeaks (as far as I know, most of where we’ve traveled has just been the Southern Shiverpeaks), Crystal Desert, Kourna, Istan…

As for the rest of it, it’s really not as enormous as you imply it is. Expansions are extremely common in MMOs and with 300+ employees, I’m sure ANet has some teams developing some stuff. I can’t imagine they’d have so many developers and only produce what they do…that would be a sign of a true internal crisis.

2) One or Two additional classes. Like Bard/ Ministrel or Sumoner

6) New weapons and more weapons combination – like Lance, Whip, Scythe and etc.

Honestly I think if they implement #6 correctly, we wouldn’t need #2. I think this game doesn’t even need additional classes – the 8 classes we have are extremely universal. It would just be nice to have some more weapons/skills/traits in the future to play the classes differently. A bard/Ministrel or Summoner could easily fit to a Mesmer and Necromancer, respectively, if they simply expand what each class can do.

(edited by Cuddy.6247)

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

They can’t even cater to at least 2 of the current 5 races. Why would they bother adding one more ?

As for professions, there’s enough problems with at least 3 of them. But for this one, they might try to push a new profession and hope everyone else forgets their “mistake”.

Thought the head honcho said way back pre release that there wouldnt be a xpac?

No. There will be one, just like there will be new legendaries.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Since we’re doing this I’ll say what I’d like to see (not that I’m asking for one).

Missions, many long branching missions, for each profession. Nice rewards at the end of each stage and a very nice profession only reward at the end. Skins would be nice. You can take your non-profession mates with you and they can rewards that aren’t as nice but still something.

Same thing for the Orders.

All this could (should!) include new maps, mobs, bosses and skills. Maybe even new weapon types.

Its just fantasy of course but for this game I think this is the sort of expansion they should look at to build around the LS. It would give people a little something to get on with between LS segments.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Zora.8437

Zora.8437

There will never be an expansion. It is a good thing too. Expansions are dead idea. Get an expansion get 4-6 months of content and then wait a whole year of nothing for more content. That’s the content models expansions create. On top of that forcing you to pay for content you would have normally gotten from arena net without paying. I don’t want an expansion and anyone know remembers actually what expansions do they don’t either. Btw I am better than any of you at everything. Deal with it.

Fan with a plan,
Zora

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

There will never be an expansion. It is a good thing too. Expansions are dead idea. Get an expansion get 4-6 months of content and then wait a whole year of nothing for more content. That’s the content models expansions create. On top of that forcing you to pay for content you would have normally gotten from arena net without paying. I don’t want an expansion and anyone know remembers actually what expansions do they don’t either. Btw I am better than any of you at everything. Deal with it.

4-6 months? That is generous. Most MMO players seem to eat through content quickly. Although GW1: Factions was not an expansion but another game release, it only took about 2-3 weeks to get through the content.

Posted by: Zora.8437

Zora.8437

4-6 months? That is generous. Most MMO players seem to eat through content quickly. Although GW1: Factions was not an expansion but another game release, it only took about 2-3 weeks to get through the content.

Exactly tho no one wants an expansion. And if you do want that content model. This isn’t the game for you, or you just don’t know any better

Fan with a plan,
Zora

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

3) Bring back the original GW classes focused on “holy”, religion, buffing, healing. Combine the dervish and the paragon to make some sort of inspirational religious zealot with huge buffing potential. Bring back the monk entirely reworked to have better offensive capabilities yet effective focused healing. Things like this could work wonders with GW2.

May I introduce you to GW2’s new profession, the Guardian! What a great addition to the game!

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Ah yes, Another guy who completed the campaign, mapped and vanquished cantha, topped all the challenge missions, got both sets of factions armor, did the campaign HM, Protector and Guardian titles, rolled both a Sin and a Rit, collected every elite and boss green and “won” FA and JQ, then beat Urgoz in..2-3 weeks . Probably with a whammo +Frenzy Mending as well.

“Claps excitedly”

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Posted by: Seyryu.5086

Seyryu.5086

6)This is the more realistic suggestion – Remove Downed state.
That’s all.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Ah yes, Another guy who completed the campaign, mapped and vanquished cantha, topped all the challenge missions, got both sets of factions armor, did the campaign HM, Protector and Guardian titles, rolled both a Sin and a Rit, collected every elite and boss green and “won” FA and JQ, then beat Urgoz in..2-3 weeks . Probably with a whammo +Frenzy Mending as well.

“Claps excitedly”

The people who finished in that time, just want missions, not grinding out stuff. To understand that, all you have to do is look that the ESO threads on mmorpg.com – people were complaining about lack of content after 1 week.

As far as Urgoz – pretty easy to solo, if you know what you are doing. Not so much with The Deep, since you have to have 4 separate starting groups in order to do forward. I had three sets of armor (Kurz, Elite, Luxon Elite and Canthan Elite- plus a Rainbow Phoenix).

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Exactly tho no one wants an expansion. And if you do want that content model. This isn’t the game for you, or you just don’t know any better

You sound like you know a lot. I would like to see sources detailing % of player base that do not want an expansion.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

First huge expansion?

Humm a new game? called gw2.something or gw3…
Expansion for content in my opinion is wrong, LS exists for that role, an expansion would be more effective for new game engine mechanics like, WvW redesign(this one should be taken seriously), improve siege mechanics, event chains in PVE map and see watch could be done to improve players experience etc.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.