What if Anet made a pve poll

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

I’m curious to see where people’s minds are at when given some choices. Please take your time to vote, it only takes a few seconds.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12647832

P.S. I included SAB under it’s own line because it is its own entity. You will see what I’m talking about.

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Choice 1 belongs in choice 3 otherwise it doubles up since it is temp festival content. It is no more or less its own entity than Halloween is

No mmo should sacrifice regular pve updates for festival content. That is just madness.

Strange poll imo

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

That’s kind of a strange poll honestly. We already know that Anet is working hard at Expac 2, and a lot of people are guessing that we are going to at least see an official announcement in 2017, if not the actual release towards the end of the year. So obviously that is what is going to come after LWS3 ends (with 1 or 2 updates in between possibly to build hype).

As for SAB, as much as I love it, I think its fine as it is right now. Its a platforming + jumping puzzle thing. And no matter how much some people like it, there are also tons of players who have 0 interest in this type of thing. So moving development resources towards SAB would just deprive those other players.

I would like to see the other festivals (halloween and wintersday mainly) be beefed up a bit though. They are great fun in my opinion, but last year there wasn’t any content outside of minigames and a jumping puzzle for each holiday.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Poll is notably missing a Living Story Season 4 option.

JackDaniels.1697

Choice 1 belongs in choice 3 otherwise it doubles up since it is temp festival content. It is no more or less its own entity than Halloween is

No mmo should sacrifice regular pve updates for festival content. That is just madness.

But because it has a potential for a rich story and it is vastly different than anything GW2 has, is why I think it deserves it’s own line

It would fall under the 4th choice.

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

Feedback, which some posters above have given, is far more valuable to Anet than a poll, especially an online one.

G R E E N E R

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

Mmm, even if I gave you an answer in that poll, I don’t think it would be mine. The answers were too focused towards your own desires while ignoring other possibilities – as evidenced by two options in the first question being the same. For all intents and purposes, SAB may as well be considered temporary festival content in my books.

Personally, I would like to see content that bridges the skill disparity between open world and raids… but would definitely be open to more holiday cheer. Nostalgia is charming only on occasion.

Randulf.7614

But because it has a potential for a rich story and it is vastly different than anything GW2 has, is why I think it deserves it’s own line

Halloween has a rich story. Richer than SAB and its unfinished.

Ls4 has a rich story as well and is vastly diff to fractals. Surely that should get its own line. Sab is tiny whilst, ls, fractals, raids, bosses, open world is a massive, massive workload. They cant be lumped in together and compared with SAB and keep the poll fair.

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

Anything has the potential for a rich story, whether that potential is realised or not is another matter. The SAB is no different than any other seasonal content in terms of how it is treated mechanically. While I do personally enjoy SAB quite a lot more than the others they are objectively in the same category. Your resistance to modifying your poll speaks more to your biases then the accuracy of the poll.

Posted by: orenwolf.1953

orenwolf.1953

I’m curious to see where people’s minds are at when given some choices. Please take your time to vote, it only takes a few seconds.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12647832

P.S. I included SAB under it’s own line because it is its own entity. You will see what I’m talking about.

You’ve sabotaged your own poll by basically having an “everything else” option.

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

Unfortunately the poll is incredibly biased.

Let’s look at the wording of your poll.

“What should Anet focus on being developed for next after Living World Season 3 ends?”

This is a fine question to ask. I don’t think there’s a specific issue with this question, especially since it takes into consideration the effort that Anet is putting into season 3 stuff.

“The continuation of SAB (which include more maps + a cohesive story)”

This is your first choice, and because of your insistence that “it’s totally different than option three” means you, as an individual, have a big bias towards Super Adventure Box, and would like it to be, well, the first thing on Anet’st list.

“Make Activities relevant (this includes a system where you can actually play with guilds and friends on the fly, like a custom arena)”

First, “making something relevant” is strongly worded. Very much so. This again shows your bias towards what you want Anet to focus on, instead of the big things, your bias remains focused on the individual things apart from the main focus of the game. Let’s see if this trend continues.

Also, this idea isn’t fully comprehensible. “Make activities relevant” how? Aren’t they side activities? As in not relevant to the main story? Things that are just a side activity so that people can break up the monotony of killing things? How would they become relevant? This idea needs explaining more than simply stating “includes a system where you can play with guilds and friends on the fly” and is far too vague to be put in a poll in it’s current format.

“Focus on making temporary content (e.g. Halloween, Wintersday, etc) have meatier encounters, by adding or redesigning events”

Again, strong wording, “focus” is the strong word here, meaning that your bias again holds up for things that are not the main concerns of the developers. The order of this list obviously shows your focus on temporary side activities instead of the main elements of the game. These may be main elements to you as in individual, but they are not for the developers.

To add on to the point of your bias, you refuse to place super adventure box on the same level as “temporary content” because it is the thing you desire the most. Your bias leads you to believe that SAB is so uniquely different than anything else GW2 offers that you’ve put it in it’s own category, first on the list, for everyone else to see. By every definition imaginable, SAB is temporary content. Your refusal to acknowledge such also shows your bias.

and finally

“Forget all that, just keep working on the regular pve updates (e.g. fractals, raids, world bosses etc.)”

If nothing else shows your bias towards the above, it’s your extremely lack of concern for “regular pve updates” by using the weakest language imaginable on this poll. Initially strong words “forget all that” makes the rest of this option passive, weak and, most importantly for your argument, unimportant for the viewer.

This poll is your way of reaffirming your belief that anything other than the current method of GW2 development is, in your eyes, a waste of time. This poll seeks to reaffirm that belief by trying to get anyone doing the poll to pick one of your favourite selections or the obviously weakly intended “general pve content”.

The poll does NOT, in any context, allow for the development of, say, an expansion pack for GW2. It doesn’t allow for any breathing room of interpretation other than saying “yeah whatever, this stuff I guess” and it’s obvious. It’s deliberate on your part to try and rack up support for side activities, things that GW2 may not be focused on right now. Your efforts would have actually been more beneficial, both for you and your desires, if you had simply stated that, yes, you want Super Adventure Box completed. You’d also then like to focus on bringing back activities to the eye of the average player, then focusing on other temporary content and then finally what the current cycle of development is.

Please don’t attempt to justify your poll as ‘unbiased’ when language and intent expressed in this thread by you shows the truth. If you truly want to make it unbiased, you’d place SAB in the temporary events category which it objectively is, whether you believe so or not, you would reword the language to make all options equal in the eye of those who view the poll and allow for more options than just side activities and festivals.

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

none of the items in the poll are really forward thinking, i would go with something along the lines of:

- redevelop infrastructure to move towards weekly drops to live.

- continue to develop and release new zones.

-rebalance raids to make them inclusive rather than exclusive – different difficulty levels with different rewards.

- aim for 1 yearly expansions.

- set long term goals with timescales, perhaps housing on par with wildstar, or 8v8 (or so) battlegrounds that are larger.

- redevelop engine to take advantage of increasing client pc specs and create bigger zones.

- revitalize dungeons, perhaps 1 per quarter.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Randulf.7614

A better poll would be to see what festival ppl think should get new updates if they could only choose one.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I do not want an expansion each year, it would kill the living world, since all development would always be turned to expansions. One expac every 2-3 years is a much better schedule imo

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

I do not want an expansion each year, it would kill the living world, since all development would always be turned to expansions. One expac every 2-3 years is a much better schedule imo

an but i didnt say at the cost of other development, it was a wish list

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Voted for the only sensible option:

“Forget all that, just keep working on the regular pve updates (e.g. fractals, raids, world bosses etc.)”

I’m happy to see that most GW2 players are sensible. I can’t believe some people voted for the other options.

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

I didn’t vote in the poll, but the closest one would be the 4th forget all that.

One thing I would like to see, is more scavenger hunt type things. Where you have to go to many places and do many things to get say get a new weapon skin or really anything that might be unique.

The Caladbolg thing is a good example. Everyone seemed to like it.

Another thing that could be done. PVE meta events such as the Maw, Elemental and such, introduce a new weapon that is a rare drop.

How bout, having a achievement for doing a specific event on every map.

Most people love working towards a specific goal. I’m not talking about something really hard thing to do, just something that takes time and effort to achieve something. Something that anyone can do.

These are only a few suggestions, I’m sure there many more things that could be added without some kind of huge rework. Use your imagination.

You don’t need new maps, new stories, just new goals that even average people can work on.

Come on Anet, how hard can that be.

JackDaniels.1697

Good thing this isn’t an official poll huh?

But I’m sorry that I didn’t word my choices better, like someone said, and that I showed too much bias in my options. Sure, I could have made this poll incredibly kittening better, but I was excited and created it on the spot, wanted to see what people thought. And yes, one has to be responsible when posting something, because it will be subject to criticism.

I really thought this would be fun, but some people really seemed bothered by it. Plus some people looked too much into what I said – looking at you CASTLEMANIC – you sure got me figured out.

Anyways, just a small thanks to the people that took the time to vote in my kittenty poll.