What is ArenaNet doing about gold vendors?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: migu.3597

migu.3597

Hi everyone!
Each time I get into a zone (especially Lion’s Arch), I get spammed from gold vendors spamming away they’re 3 line advertisements.
If that wasn’t annoying enough, I get tons of mail spam with the same contents.
Each time that happens, I report them but it appears it’s getting worse every day.
Can you tell us what are you doing to reduce this? Don’t you have a way yourselves to control this and act right away?
Thank you!

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

It gets worse as more people are hacked. I don’t think much else can be done other than reporting and blocking.

Posted by: Von Adder.2487

Von Adder.2487

@OP

Hear hear!

This problem needs addressing now! Not next wednesday! (to coin a phrase)

Some info from Anet on this would be nice!

Eochaidh.4106

@OP

Hear hear!

This problem needs addressing now! Not next wednesday! (to coin a phrase)

Some info from Anet on this would be nice!

Well, it is easy to tell them to do something, but what do you expect to be done? For every banned gold spammer three more show up.

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Regina has said something about this how many times? Seriously, people. Be patient. They’re working on it.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: August.2678

August.2678

I’m guessing maybe they can’t tell exactly what hey are trying to do to prevent it, because then goldsellers could try to get around it.
As long as the ANet team is really working on it, let’s hope.
Because it is getting worse.

nastyjmanThat explains why there were kittens muddled in some posters emotionally charged responses.

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Right click on their name , report them and forget about it. Why is this such an issue?

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: Swagman.9013

Swagman.9013

Gold in this game has an INCREDIBLY high value as compared to any other game. There isn’t any other mmo that can get you so much with just gold, even things from the in game store.

I’m sure these gold farmers are being 50x more aggressive to sell their gold than in any other game. I mean I just saw one yesterday saying 10g for 20 bucks. When was the last time you saw the real money higher than the in game gold amount.

August.2678

Right click on their name , report them and forget about it. Why is this such an issue?

Are you saying that seeing goldeslling spam in chat and getting tons of spam email in your mailbox is not an issue?

nastyjmanThat explains why there were kittens muddled in some posters emotionally charged responses.

Eochaidh.4106

Are you saying that seeing goldeslling spam in chat and getting tons of spam email in your mailbox is not an issue?

Not after you block/delete/report.

August.2678

Not after you block/delete/report.

I always do that, it doesn’t change the fact that new ones pop up all the time and I still see the spam, and I still get the spam mail.
So it is still an issue.
There needs to be some efficient filter implemented or something to make all this stop.

Posted by: RIYA.3214

RIYA.3214

I really dont mind the spam on chat and mail. I find it better, it just pushes up the immature and nonsense talk —“map chat” on some maps so all I see is 10g for $20. For spam mail, its not an issue too. Its not as if I get important messages in my game mail. Just report and delete if it bothers you.