What is GW2 Worth?

What is GW2 Worth?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Flapjackson.1596

Flapjackson.1596

Can someone please clear up this confusing thought for me?

Looking at this from a newcomer perspective: I’m paying $50 for GW2 and HoT
Looking at this from a veteran perspective: I’m paying $50 for HoT
If we are both paying the same amount and both get HoT then HoT has kitten value to it, while GW2 appears to contribute nothing to the cost and is “free” or has no value.

Much more likely I think this $50 should show that part of the cost is for GW2, which certainly has value, and part for HoT, which we all expect to have good value.

By this logic then it only makes sense to me that a veteran should not pay the full $50 then? Does this look different to anyone else?

Abaddon: Fallen God of Water, Secrets, and Dance Battles
In Vino Veritas

What is GW2 Worth?

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

A new customer buying HoT will receive GW2 for free, thus GW2 has no value and is worth $0 to them.

An existing customer buying HoT will not receive another GW2 account, since it does not exist it is worthless and thus also worth $0.

You say to-mah-to, I say SHAZBOT.

What is GW2 Worth?

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

OP, I agree and have said several times since last night that “HoT: Vanilla” should have been priced at $35. This is access to HoT for preexisting players. THEN, they could have the $50 for HoT + base GW2 for new players or players wanting another account. Followed by the special editions with all the bells and whistles.

Whomever in marketing came up with this pricing structure really overestimated their value. Also didn’t take into account that a lot of us existing players have purchased multiple accounts. Pretty much everyone I know has multiple accounts. All requiring the expansion for a uniform game play. I wouldn’t be surprised if less than half of the existing account population don’t get upgraded to HoT at these prices.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

What is GW2 Worth?

Posted by: Channel.9402

Channel.9402

Along the years they devalue their core game too much by putting it on steep discount. But i’d agree with OP logic.

What is GW2 Worth?

Posted by: Malakin.2809

Malakin.2809

A new customer buying HoT will receive GW2 for free, thus GW2 has no value and is worth $0 to them.

An existing customer buying HoT will not receive another GW2 account, since it does not exist it is worthless and thus also worth $0.

You say to-mah-to, I say SHAZBOT.

By that logic every gift you have ever received is worthless. And all the things you don’t get are worthless too.