What is "Match My Level" For?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cerbskies.9865

Cerbskies.9865

Searched around and i didnt find anything on it.

I originally thought it was to easily set your purchase level to your characters level but thats not the case considering it picks your level range. For example im level 60, when i click match my level it sets my levels to 55-65.. of course id set it to 60 for 60 gear since i cant wear anything higher.

So what exactly is this for? Can i wear gear in my “level range” or am i missing something? Semi-New to the game.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It gives you items you can buy within a certain range of your level. Yes that’s 5 higher and 5 lower.

Posted by: AlexisToran.5719

AlexisToran.5719

I’m not sure why it includes levels higher than your own (I guess because in theory you could easily enough level up to use it), but the purpose is to find gear appropriate to your level. The reason why it’s a level range instead of a single level, I believe, is to avoid being over-specific and missing items which might still have been useful to you.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I think it’s fine to include 5 levels lower/higher when leveling, but to include level 75 gear when you’re level 80 is pretty pointless. Luckily this is just a little shortcut that doesn’t have to be used.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think it’s fine to include 5 levels lower/higher when leveling, but to include level 75 gear when you’re level 80 is pretty pointless. Luckily this is just a little shortcut that doesn’t have to be used.

A lot of people at level 80 by rares to forge, or for salvage even. I think it’s fine. You can always put in 80 if you want.

Posted by: Cerbskies.9865

Cerbskies.9865

So what im getting from all this is, its supposed to simplify the search for gear but fails by giving you a level range instead of matching my actual level

Glad i didnt miss anything, kinda had me worried.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Indeed. I find the “Match My Level” function to be completely useless since it doesn’t actually adjust the min and max level range to, you know, match my level.

One other thing that I find quite perplexing (even on the old TP) is that the max level number does not increase when the min level number exceeds it.

Searching for something level 40 minimum and level 40 maximum, then increasing the minimum to 41, should result in the max automatically matching since min > max is an invalid search query. Min should be incapable of exceeding max.

One very small and simple additional bit of code would be most welcome so that:

• If Min > Max
  • Then Max = Min

It’s quite an unnecessary hassle to have to always adjust both numbers when increasing your search parameters by one or two digits.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |