What is ONE change you'd make to your class?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I’d change the warriors longbow to a short bow. It can have the same skills just be a short bow. I want my asura warrior to shoot ugly one horned mules!!!

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I’m pretty sure Mesmers had more hexes in GW1 than any other class. I like how you use the common, non-GW definition of hexes, and the common, non-GW definition of necromancers to claim that they are the masters of hexes. When all your assumptions are flawed, you conclusion is going to be flawed too. Try again.

Snip

I’m ending this right now because you keep derailing the purpose of the thread.
1 DON’T insult people and imply stupidity, it shows the kind of person you are.
2 If “curses” are already in gw2 then it’s more of an excuse to give hexes to Mesmers
3 Stop your flawed logic of irl hex=ingame hex
4 Phantasms are suppose to be replacement of hexes, but you and I both know that the Mesmer class was basically replaced by a magical duelist with illusion tricks and little hex punishments.

On topic, I suggested something with the preparations replacing pets if you choose to stow them.
Like for example
F1 Apply Poison: apply poison every on the third strike of your weapon
F2 Barbed Weaponry (barbed arrows from gw1): Has an X% chance to bleed every hit
F3 Splintered preparation (splinter shot from gw1): For every 4 hits, you cause an aoe damage for x amount
F4 Kindled Weapons (kindle arrows from gw1): your hits cause burning and inflict extra x damage for 10 seconds (has a cd of 40s)

With F4 being the exemption, preparations should be permanent until a pet comes out and you can only have 1 prep at a time.

If they added this and made my ranger less if a pokemon trainer I would love it

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Guardian: CD reduction across the board on utilities and some weapon skills, especially 4/5th slots.

Not for buffing guards, but for a gameplay standpoint.

Warrior’s GS skills (2nd to 5th) have 8, 10, 15, 20 sec CD respectively.
Guard’s GS is 10, 15, 20, 30.

War’s Hammer: 12, 12, 20, 30.
Guard’s Hammer: 5, 15, 25, 40.

War’s Axe/Mace: 6, 10, 15, 25.
Guard’s Sword/Focus: 10, 15, 25, 45.

War’s Shouts(FGJ, SiO, OmM, FearMe): 25, 25, 30, 60.
Guardian’s Shouts (SyG, HtL, Retreat, SY): 30, 35, 60, 60.

Guardian has always been a bit clunky and weird… …don’t leave me hanging here.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Ranger = new Staff Healing weapon with powerful Heal skills and powerful AoE heals on short cooldown.

Necro = Soul Drain skill to heal allies in the area skill on short cooldown.

Guardian = 3 new Virtues added with unique concepts rather than Boons.

Warrior = new Elite skills that are cool to use.

Engineer = Turrets move and are more useful to their play style.

Thief = Stealth mechanics like in other MMOs that handle it better. such as WoW/Rift.

Mesmer = Mind Control Elite skill to control enemy character.

Elemental = Dual Weapons

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Ranger — Can now perma-stow pets. Gain the buff “carefree” while pet is stowed which increases the Ranger’s dps by 30-40%

NSPride <3

Posted by: Nightingale.9714

Nightingale.9714

Mesmer:

As stated previously by others: more speed buffs available please?… If I dont keep up with groups when running past things in dungeon, I get destroyed.

Also some other reasons to use the different weapons. Like make Sword/Sword more viable as well as staff and scepter.

AND some additional functionality to the greatsword 5 skill would be nice. atm it only knockbacks and it often goes unused during any major fight because the enemies have perma stability or whatnot.

Posted by: Nightingale.9714

Nightingale.9714

Ranger — Can now perma-stow pets. Gain the buff “carefree” while pet is stowed which increases the Ranger’s dps by 30-40%

I understand that half of the people want to remove the pets because they get in the way or w/e… however either way I think that without the pets, rangers really lose a lot of their uniqueness. I’d rather see them somehow improve pet functionality or control.

And also: 30-40%?… if they did that, who would EVER want to use pets EVER again? there’d be no point. and dont say “that’s my point.” They arent going to remove pets, ever, so we might as well support some sort of revamp or improvement. Dont you agree?

Posted by: Babychoochoo.5690

Babychoochoo.5690

I understand that half of the people want to remove the pets because they get in the way or w/e… however either way I think that without the pets, rangers really lose a lot of their uniqueness. I’d rather see them somehow improve pet functionality or control.

And also: 30-40%?… if they did that, who would EVER want to use pets EVER again? there’d be no point. and dont say “that’s my point.” They arent going to remove pets, ever, so we might as well support some sort of revamp or improvement. Dont you agree?

They may not ever remove pets, but it certainly doesn’t seem like they’re ever going to fix them either. Enough is enough. The game has been out for more than a year at this point and the thing that makes that class what it is is still broken. If not now, then when?

It isn’t some minor inconvenience. It’s a class. It’s how people interact with the entire game. One would assume this is something you’d try to fix asap…because it’s important. I’d support a revamp or improvement if it looked like it was ever going to happen, but it doesn’t and at this point they might as well save everyone, including themselves, the frustration and just take the easy way out.

Posted by: Gabe.3976

Gabe.3976

Ranger. The option to work without a pet. As it currently stands, Pet AI is problematic in PvE content. I’d love to be able to use my ranger as my dungeon toon, since he’s my favorite out of all of my characters, but the pet is such a pain that it makes doing so unfun. If this isn’t feasible, then making the pet immune or highly resistant to AoE.

Engineer. Get rid of the stupid backpacks, or at least make them optional. The look of the class keeps me from playing it.

Mesmer. Make Mantra charges carry across zone changes. I run a mantra build where having prepped mantras increases my DPS. Having to remember to recast all of them whenever I switch zones is a pain. It would be a small QoL increase, but it would make me so much happier.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Really only one thing i want..

Rangers – Option to completely Remove the Pet.

Its a Ranger not a Beastmaster..

Longbow, no pet? You can do this as a Warrior with rifle or longbow.

But it’s not a Ranger is it, it’s still a warrior,, and you can’t use a short bow (Heaven knows why not).

Thief can use a short bow, but not a longbow (Again heaven knows why not) but it’s still a thief not a Ranger.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

No I don’t agree, because I don’t think they will ever get the pet fixed, and the Ranger will always be shunned for parties and instanced content.

I prefer Nightinggales idea, it would make the Ranger a much more viable class, and welcomed in party events.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Hedgehog in the fog.1053

Hedgehog in the fog.1053

Ranger- Change pet targeting to what you’re targeting, and remove F1. Make the current F2 slot F1. Make F2 a dodge back with a single hit, and return on double hit. Make F3 a stance option, being defensive, or offensive stance. Defensive stance would grant toughness and cause the pet to seek out the front of the target, and offensive stance would grant fury and cause the pet to seek out the rear or flank of the target.

Double bonus- Pets that currently give buffs on command give passive buffs, and their manual attack is replaced with utility. I.E. Fern hound grants regeneration when near ally gets to 75% health, and you now have manual control over the leap ability. Jungle stalker grants 3 stacks of might (constantly), and gains a knock down ability.

(edited by Hedgehog in the fog.1053)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Ranger: Traits (or some other way to gain the ability) to have two or more pets out at the same time. I’d actually like to see two traits for this. First adds a second pet of whatever kind you have out currently. Second adds an extra of your alternate pet. That might encourage people to consider what pets will work well together, and having multiple pets out will make the character worthy of the name “Beastmaster”.

(Seriously, what so-called “Beastmaster” ever has just one animal at a time?)

I’d also like to suggest two new pets.

Ebonhawke chicken. Anyone that’s messed with one of these knows why.

White Bunny. The F2 ability can turn it into a bouncing shot that does knockdown.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Thief: combo assassin attacks ala GW1. Remove stealth.

or

Stealth change: now a permanent buff that is removed upon taking damage and not usable in combat, exceptions are utilities such as blinding powder which gives you an immunity to breaking stealth from damage for 3s.

I’d like to see more assassin-esque combat with shadowsteps and evades rather than stealth spam. Stealth should only be a tactical opener or get away mechanic imo, basically just copy the system other MMOs have used for years which works and is a lot less annoying and more skill involved.

Warrior: simply add the hamstorm build from my GW1 box set, too pro.

Guardian: paragon spear (land) and imbagon build ;p

Ranger: stow pet replaced with prep skills from GW1. Anyone not familiar, these added things such as bleeding, burning, raw damage etc. to your attacks and you weren’t forced to use a pet.

Necro: consume corpse lol

Mesmer: less clone spam more hex plox, bring back the support denial class.

Ele: brg back real conjures that can be cast on allies for armor ignoring damage.

Eng: nuka grenade from fallout

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

Change Thief F1 skill to give perma stealth until deactivated or attacking an enemy.

(edited by Whitey.6185)

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Ranger- Because we are not being given full control to our pets because the devs do not want to alienate or overwhelm new Rangers(per a State of the Game adress for sPvP a few months ago on Twitch), give us the option to NOT have to have pets and increase the Ranger’s damage when not bringing one.

There are many places that my pet is a liability (final fractal fight getting targeted and having no way to dodge or pick up a crystal is one quick example).

Most other classes have pets or access to them- Necro Minions, Ele’s elementals, Guard’s weapons, Warrior Banners, Engie Turrets etc. Sure, those require skills to equip, but they have the option to NOT bring them. Do the same for Rangers please, or just let us micro manage them if we want.

When the Ranger dodges, have the pet dodge. If I just want to dodge so that my pet dodges, I am still using my own energy to do so and that means I am less a dodge for myself. There are so many things that still need to be done with this class until it is where it needs to be.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Ranger:
I’d remove Spike Trap from the game and replace the skill with Barrage.

I’d replace the Longbow #5 skill to aimed shot which is effectively a clone of the Warrior’s Rifle’s burst skill. It will obviously do less damage like all other Ranger skills due to the pet (~25% less).

Barrage the skill will now immobilize on the first attack and deal bleeding damage each wave to all targets it hits.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Engi – Ability to summon all turrets to his/her current location like Ritualist could with his/her spirits. Because the Engineer was supposed to be the new Ritualist, right?

As an aside, one change to all light armor classes would be that at least half the the armor they have available doesn’t look like a dress instead of the current 95% that does look like they are wearing a dress.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Guardian – Rework how class works

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

The classes I have at 80 so far.

Guardian: Give them a better ranged weapon. I think a bow would work with a guardian, making it fire magic arrows or something like that. Scepter isn’t bad, but really guardians are at a major disadvantage compared to other classes when it has to attack ranged.
Runner up: Give us a way to disable aegis!!!… it ruins screenshots with most shields!!!.

Engineer: Make it so that using kits don’t make our back skins dissapear. Make it an option to have the regular back kits, or alternative looks for it (grenade/bomb kits would be different grenades/bombs hanging from the belt, flamethrower make it so it only has a smaller fuel tank low in the back or to the side so it doesn’t clip with the back armor).
Runner up: give engineers hammers… an engineer with a giant hammer makes much more sense than one with a shield, plus it’s a crime that engineers can’t use these!!!:

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/gw2-mecha-anchor-hammer-champion-weapon-skin-51.jpg
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/gw2-aetherized-hammer1.jpg
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/gw2-adamant-guard-hammer-21.jpg

Mesmer: Pistol for main hand.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

For PvE only because dev’s on care about balancing. Help make elems more viable by making all there utility skills trigger different effects based on there current attunement. Or give the scepter’s fire attack an AoE radius like the staff.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Ranger: To be ablte to tame Griffons!

Kima & Co

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

engineer – make grenade 1 skill auto target. My mouse just cant take it!

Guardian – give decent ranged weapon

Mesmer – tricky, it needs many changes to really make it work. probably make clones more durable, they die far to quick to random aoe, which makes them useless most of the time and they take too long to get out to get a decent shatter effect off.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Ranger – Preparations
Engineer – buff Flamethrower autoattack to make the kit a viable dps option
Thief – improve Venoms (like the act like Mantras idea) to make them more useful
Necro – Improve lifestealing and make dagger auto cleave

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

Ranger: make the pet totally immune to enviromental traps and stuff. For example in a TA group i pugged we had a thief that placed shadow refugee so we could skip the blossom vines, everyone except of the ranger’s pet got stealthed, and the pet triggered all the blossom vines on the way. The pets shouldn’t trigger any of those enviromental traps in any case.

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

Pets are invulnerable to damage, draw aggro towards the ranger and cannot be targeted.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Ranger: —> Make it more effective hack-n-slash skirmishing.
Nectomancer: —> Zombie Hordes!!
Warrior: —> To can’t solo ARAH -.-’
Engineer: —> Special abilities for WvW trebs/catapults/carts/TANKS!

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: Dabachelor.1736

Dabachelor.1736

For Rangers
-I would like to see a better explanation on “All arrows pierce target” its vague and leaves alot to be assumed (such as armor piercing)
-The ability to use rifle’s
– Fix Sic’em to revel stealth for the full 10 second’s or have less of a cooldown then 40seconds
-Be able to Perma-Stow your pet, b/c the ai on them is bad enough on certain builds they die immediately or make it so on pet death you gain increase attack speed like sparki does when slick die’s 1st in TA aether-pirate’s path.
- Have the ability to change the arrows (barbed, posion tipped, armor piercing)

(edited by Dabachelor.1736)

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Ranger
Remove the pet leash.
That’s for pve/wvw. Do whatever you want for spvp, just keep it on their side of the game.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Elementalist – weapon swapping. No other class has to pick between melee range and long range before even going into combat. Once we’re in combat, we’re stuck with what we have. If by some chance we have D/D equipped, we have no range options except conjures, which are limited. Changing to long range requires opening up the inventory and finding the other weapons to equip (having to run until out of combat before doing so).

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Elementalist – weapon swapping. No other class has to pick between melee range and long range before even going into combat. Once we’re in combat, we’re stuck with what we have. If by some chance we have D/D equipped, we have no range options except conjures, which are limited. Changing to long range requires opening up the inventory and finding the other weapons to equip (having to run until out of combat before doing so).

apart from guardian…no you are right, no ranged option, so no choice I guess.

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Remove pets, implement preparations in their place.

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Mesmers can use their underwater weapons on land.

Posted by: Bezayne.6459

Bezayne.6459

One change which would apply to every class – give me one more weapon slot to use. I dislike that I need to know content in advance to be able to equip the correct weapon set.

Posted by: Laivine.9308

Laivine.9308

Give guardians a proper ranged weapon (longbow would be nice) and mobility!

Some burst damage would be nice too! :P

Posted by: Science.6709

Science.6709

Mesmer: Swiftness Signet.
Engineer: Swiftness Signet.

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

Eles:

1. GUI improvement. Needs a set of bars, say above the F1-4 attunement icons that show smaller versions of the non-active attunements and the CD on those skills. It is not fun nor realistic to expect an Ele player to memorize in the heat of combat which skills are on CD and their length, especially given the wildly varying and high CDs we have compared to other professions combined with individual attunement CDs.

2. Un-nerf us. Period, full stop.

All professions:

Pretty much the only thing ANet needs to do as a general improvement is to figure out roles for the professions. I don’t mean “tank, DPS, healz” I’m talking more about HOW each class contributes. In simple terms, take again the Ele and Thief. ANet has stated they want the Thief to be most mobile. And nerf Ele mobility into the ground. If Eles had a bunch of profession mechanic based survivability options, such as more teleports, invisibility, or more access to skills that worked like Stoneskin from D&D this wouldn’t be such a problem. But to be survivable, the Ele has to pack Arcane Shield, Mistform and likely use a Focus. The Thief has Stealth designed into multiple skills across various weapons, and quite a few teleports. It just makes no sense that a class with less inherent survivability should also have less mobility, armor and health.

ANet needs to get their balancing act together, and stop working off of misconceptions as a basis for balance.

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

apart from guardian…no you are right, no ranged option, so no choice I guess.

Unless I’m wrong, dagger on elementalist is 300 range. Scepter on guardian is 900. So a guardian can have both a short range and long range weapon equipped and switch between them in combat. If an elementalist goes into a battle with dagger equipped, we’re stuck at 300 range in combat.

Posted by: AngryCat.4825

AngryCat.4825

Elementalist: I’d like to see elementalist have the same starting health pool as other cloth classes before stats.

Came here for this.

Also, Engineer: Mortar is completely useless. I can stand on a garrison wall and not be able to hit anything. Fix this. I like siege. I like being responsible instead of running straight to it and sitting there for hours. This generally leaves me with no siege to occupy, which is where a personal mortar would really be nice to have.

Koia
Fort Aspenwood
“Oil down.” “Mortar down.” “Stupid arrow cart.”

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

Asks for a better heal, get’s beat down by a bunch of people bitter about Warriors. Also tell me what Warrior has 34k HP and 3.5k Toughness who ISN’T wearing Sentinels? Exactly. Jesus christ…

Gates of Madness

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Necro
Melee cleave. That’s all I want.

Posted by: D I V A.6018

D I V A.6018

I have hundreds of urgent changes to the game.
But since you are asking for profession specific changes…
Guardian add Longbows. Guardians are in need of a viable ranged weapon.

1. would function like Trident 1
  2. would be a large AoE long time healing rain similar to the spirit weapon‘s.
    Maybe even some Aegis.

DIVA

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Necro
Melee cleave. That’s all I want.

Yep.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Rangers would rather like one too

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Make SWORD RANGERS viable. Fix the AA!

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Guardian: passive speed buff

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Lebensbaum.9216

Lebensbaum.9216

Elementalist: Armor and health pool x 5.

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Guardian – make Torch main hand weapon.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

Rangers would rather like one too

Not sure if I should laugh or cry.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Any melee class – remove long cast times from auto-attacks skills.

It’s the worst idea and most anti-action-combat thing I’ve ever seen GW2.