RNG on Weekly Rewards?

RNG on Weekly Rewards?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AndyJo.8794

AndyJo.8794

I’ve reserved a lot of my griping about various topics with the expansion, waiting for them to be patched up. I’ve glazed over a lot more waiting to see the crowning event of the expansion, and today we got the info on it: Raids.

And you somehow managed to kitten it up. You managed to screw the pooch so bad that it’s locked itself in the bathroom with a tub of Vaseline.

I don’t care that you lied about gold rewards being re-distributed into raids
I don’t care that you made Ascended Chests a thing of the past
I don’t care that you ruined any reason to do Dungeons
I don’t care that you and that absolute kitten John Smith are doing everything you can to kick the economy in the nuts and grab for the Gemsales

But RNG on WEEKLY REWARDS for your hardest content? RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR LUCK on rewards unique to a boss that you can only RANDOMLY ROLL ON once a WEEK?

I don’t understand Anet, what’s your fetish? Once a week we get some rares, an exo or two, and then a RNG CHANCE at what we even came there for? What is this? Are you for real?

Stop. Please. Just stop. It’s getting very very kitten tiresome to have literally every single piece of content contain some sort of stupid RNG wall, and this is the highest one yet. RNG chance for what we came for, once a week? This is just beyond rude at this point.

(edited by AndyJo.8794)

RNG on Weekly Rewards?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

We knew it was going to be like this for months. At least since TwitchCon.

RNG on Weekly Rewards?

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

You read the part about the Magnetite shards?
“This currency is not intended as a primary way to obtain the boss rewards, but it is intended to provide a means for people unlucky with drops to be able to work toward getting a specific reward that they desire.”

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

RNG on Weekly Rewards?

AndyJo.8794

You read the part about the Magnetite shards?
“This currency is not intended as a primary way to obtain the boss rewards, but it is intended to provide a means for people unlucky with drops to be able to work toward getting a specific reward that they desire.”

It shouldn’t even have to be that way though. The fact that the felt the NEED to add a grind-path to their new challenging “rewarding” content is idiotic. I’d understand if there was a drop slot that said “You will get <item> from this boss table” and then they provided a means to swap out those items via a merchant, but a way that says “Hey you never get good stuff out of your weekly; just go do it twenty more times to make up for that”? Come on.

RNG on Weekly Rewards?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’d make the accusation of the OP being a WoW transplant, but then he’d know weekly raid rewards are a common thing.

/shrug

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

RNG on Weekly Rewards?

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Random weekly gated rewards have been a thing since the start of Raids in any MMO. So you want to complete it once get the exact thing you wanted and then be done? That is not healthy for a game at all.

RNG on Weekly Rewards?

AndyJo.8794

I’d make the accusation of the OP being a WoW transplant, but then he’d know weekly raid rewards are a common thing.

/shrug

I do not care that the good rewards are weekly. Honestly that’s a good thing. It’s the fact that for your weekly roll, you may full well be rewarded with absolutely NOTHING other than some generic rares. You should not be able to get the same rewards doing a World Timer train as the “hardest content in the game”

RNG on Weekly Rewards?

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

I think that was before we know ascended drop rates would be nerfed from Fractals by an exponential margin.

RNG on Weekly Rewards?

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I do not care that the good rewards are weekly. Honestly that’s a good thing. It’s the fact that for your weekly roll, you may full well be rewarded with absolutely NOTHING other than some generic rares. You should not be able to get the same rewards doing a World Timer train as the “hardest content in the game”

Raids were never designed to be the best money for your time.

Sounds like this post is one of many that will start feeding the tear bucket. The raid runs off that bucket.

Also I play content for it being fun/unique rewards, not being the most money efficient for my time spent.

RNG on Weekly Rewards?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I think that was before we know ascended drop rates would be nerfed from Fractals by an exponential margin.

Fortunately armor provides such a meager improvement over exotic so only your options to get weapons has been impacted. They’re still acquireable through crafting. I’m also curious how much of the player base actually played fractals enough for the nerf in ascended chests to really have an impact on them. For those that never did fractals, especially high level ones, this isn’t much of an issue.

As far as the OP goes, he didn’t care about the nerf. Well, he probably did but it wasn’t what he was complaining about.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)