What is killing dungeon variety?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: crestpiemangler.7631

crestpiemangler.7631

By variety I mean the distribution of the people doing dungeons, i.e. the percentage of people doing anything other than CoF p1

Anecdotal evidence against community:

The very few times I have gotten into dungeons other than CoF p1 and the very rare AC exp by use of gw2lfg, it ended in utter disaster:

people would wipe a few times and then immediately leave, often without typing word.

I’ve never been in a group where people have wiped more than 20 times and stayed, which, once upon a time, used to be the norm for doing any kind of endgame content.

Is it this mentality that is keeping people away from the challenging dungeons? Is the reward/time too trivial as it is the only impetus for playing the game in the end for most people?

… or….

Is it the dungeons themselves?

I am not one to complain about long dungeons, especially those that were specifically designed for parties of 5, but Arah path 1 is quite vicious to a beginning group.

The only time I’ve ever managed to get in involved spending over an hour just to get to the slime and having people quit, since it was only 1/4th of the way and they had things to do, e.g. dinner, work etc.

I must admit it was somewhat fun getting to that point, but getting to that point involved essentially avoiding most of the trash mobs and using cheap tricks (the mob AI).

So what is your take on the issue, or is there even an issue?

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

The community is Guild Wars 2 is not made by people who want to play to have fun; those players are usually told to go back to single player games.

The goal in the community here, doubly so for the dungeon community, is to farm, grind and exploit. Ergo, what matters isn’t if a dungeon is fun or not, if it has unique mechanics or not, and so on – what matters is the time spent:rewards ratio.

Right now, CoF gives the biggest reward for the time spent, among all dungeons. If ArenaNet nerfs it, people will go to the next best dungeon. ArenaNet could nerf everything, but they won’t, because they are afraid their players would leave.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Because of armour repair, finishing a dungeon can cost more than it will bring. And if you wipe 20 times, I doubt the fun will be long gone as well.

So, combine annoyance with more cost than profit, and you’ll see people leaving a party when a dungeon run will start going south. Why would I do something that costs me money and won’t even give me fun in return?

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

Lack of a LFG system. Sure people will still be running CoF non stop but it would make it easier for people wanting to pop into other dungeons to do so. Yes I know there is a website for LFG.

crestpiemangler.7631

Right now, CoF gives the biggest reward for the time spent, among all dungeons. If ArenaNet nerfs it, people will go to the next best dungeon. ArenaNet could nerf everything, but they won’t, because they are afraid their players would leave.

That might be true (I actually agree with every word you typed), but if that is the case, then why not up the rewards for the other dungeons to match their expected time invested?

It is, after all, the job of the developers to keep tabs on this kind of thing and alter the content accordingly.

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

That might be true (I actually agree with every word you typed), but if that is the case, then why not up the rewards for the other dungeons to match their expected time invested?

It is, after all, the job of the developers to keep tabs on this kind of thing and alter the content accordingly.

It would be a never ending tweak because people will always seek and identify which one will hold the most benefit vs time invested. Even if they managed to get them all similar, one would be identified as the absolute best and we would still have the same issue.

crestpiemangler.7631

Because of armour repair, finishing a dungeon can cost more than it will bring. And if you wipe 20 times, I doubt the fun will be long gone as well.

So, combine annoyance with more cost than profit, and you’ll see people leaving a party when a dungeon run will start going south. Why would I do something that costs me money and won’t even give me fun in return?

If repair costs were very high in this game I would tend to agree, but they really, really aren’t, at least not compared to some older games.

For a level 80 item it’s only 1.64 silver implying less than 40 silver for 20 wipes..

A single rare could make up for that cost, along with pouches and the value of dungeon tokens being akin to legendary value in aesthetic sense.

One thing you also omitted is your definition of fun: what exactly constitutes fun for you? Is it in-game currency? Your characters items?

I know, it’s one of those lame rhetorical questions, but it has a purpose… it’s a very sad kind of irony when the only thing people care about in a game is their return on in-game investment.

crestpiemangler.7631

It would be a never ending tweak because people will always seek and identify which one will hold the most benefit vs time invested. Even if they managed to get them all similar, one would be identified as the absolute best and we would still have the same issue.

I beg to differ. In a set where every value is an optimum, there is no wrong choice.

Other games have encountered the same problem and made tweaks to the “harder” content to either make it more accessible (which I think is the lazy solution), or make the rewards much more compelling.

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

CoF P1 is the easiest, fastests and most profitable dungeon path. This means that this is where low skilled players go to do their dungeon runs, this is where people without much time go to do their dungeons runs, and this is where people who just want the most profitable dungeon runs also go. This combined with a great sense of entitlement and lack of patience we see from many gamers nowadays means that this easy dungeon is going to be the one that gets the most use. Player’s skills will get rusty, as they are not required to use any skill for CoF P1 (unless they are trying to do the fastests possible speed runs, as that takes a fair amount of precision and practice).

Now when these people who have been babied by CoF P1 go out into real dungeons, they are not only unprepared for the step up in difficulty, but they have no patience for the time required for such a petty reward at the end. Their time is literally better spent just running CoF P1 rather than any other dungeon path.

This is what happens when you make one path so much easier, faster and profitable than all the other dungeon paths. This isn’t even commenting on how this form of making wealth for a player contributes to inflation (as gold itself is what is farmed, not actual useful items).

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I can’t stand pugging because more often than not it turns into a kittenfest of fingerpointing or people just up and leave. I could easily spend a couple of hours working through a dungeon.

Coming from DDO as my last game I find the dungeons here very different (obviously) and beyond wanting to run them to see what they are like artistically I have no burning desire to do them.

I’ve been running through some equipment I want to set as goals for my characters and it looks like a few dungeons are just going to be “grind” content for me.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

crestpiemangler.7631

CoF P1 is the easiest, fastests and most profitable dungeon path. This means that this is where low skilled players go to do their dungeon runs, this is where people without much time go to do their dungeons runs, and this is where people who just want the most profitable dungeon runs also go. This combined with a great sense of entitlement and lack of patience we see from many gamers nowadays means that this easy dungeon is going to be the one that gets the most use. Player’s skills will get rusty, as they are not required to use any skill for CoF P1 (unless they are trying to do the fastests possible speed runs, as that takes a fair amount of precision and practice).

Now when these people who have been babied by CoF P1 go out into real dungeons, they are not only unprepared for the step up in difficulty, but they have no patience for the time required for such a petty reward at the end. Their time is literally better spent just running CoF P1 rather than any other dungeon path.

This is what happens when you make one path so much easier, faster and profitable than all the other dungeon paths. This isn’t even commenting on how this form of making wealth for a player contributes to inflation (as gold itself is what is farmed, not actual useful items).

Not to add fuel to the fire, but maybe that was Anets intention to some degree….

Of course making only dungeon have that property out of the many is kind of shortsighted, since people get tired of CoF runs quickly.

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

The reason is the revolutionary “no holy trinity” thing. Thats all I have to say.

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Not to add fuel to the fire, but maybe that was Anets intention to some degree….

Of course making only dungeon have that property out of the many is kind of shortsighted, since people get tired of CoF runs quickly.

I would hope this wasn’t their intention, as yes, people are going to bore very quickly with their “10 minutes of end game content” (or 5:30 minutes if you are really good). I could see how it might be a valid strategy to make the easiest dungeon path also the shortest one, to help ease players into dungeons… but it is completely ridiculous to make it also the most profitable path by far. It should be a no-brainer that higher difficulty, or at least a larger time investment requires a better payoff. Perhaps they didn’t want to make harder dungeons more profitable due to unskilled people whining about being skill-gated out of profits?… but at least award longer paths for the time required to do them.

The reason is the revolutionary “no holy trinity” thing. Thats all I have to say.

If all you have to say is some vague “I told you so” statement (that arguably isn’t even related to this topic), then why bother say it in the first place? A lack of a holy trinity does not mean that every boss fight needs to be a tank&spank, nor does it mean that the easiest and fastest dungeon path must also be the most profitable by a long shot.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

- In GW2, the universal currency is gold, so people will still be doing the same dungeon even if they done it 1000 times. So they get more impatient if they done it so many times.

In other games the dungeon rewards are usually specific loot, or tokens that gives loot. So after certain amount of runs you no longer need to do it again.

- Because the universal currency is gold, if the dungeon group is failing. People get the mentality they might as well quit and do other things to farm gold which is more efficient.

In other games, people are more patient, because they really want that epic sword that can “only” drop from the last boss. So they bare with the wiping.

- In GW2, token is universal. So people who want to gear up their alt can play say their warrior and gear up all their alt.

In other games, many loot are soulbound, so people that want say a dagger have to play on their thief. This creat more diversity and make the game more fun when you are actually playing your alt to acquire gear instead of playing on your main only to gear up.

- many games have raid timer up to weeks. So no matter how much times you have, you can only kill the same boss 4 times in a month.

In GW2, the diminishing return is on a day timer. And could be easily bypassed by playing multiple alt. So people end up doing the same dungeon hundred of times in a month.

In other mmorpg. There are usually multiple “mode”, for example “easy, medium, hard”. So newbie and experienced player are usually seperate apart.

In GW2, you have people with 10,000 achievement point doing AC with a person who just reach level35.

I felt that’s why the dungeon group in GW2 are usually more impatient. At least that’s how I personally felt.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

i dunno, maybe i’m a masochist, but the most memorable and enjoyable times i’ve had in dungeons (in any MMO) have been the brutal and difficult runs. going in, getting obliterated by the content. sticking with it and trying over and over. making a little bit more progress each time. trying new approaches. and then finally succeeding. then moving to the next boss and starting the process over.

while, yeah, i usually ended up losing gold overall, i gained something i valued a whole lot more. a sense of accomplishment. the sad part is, each dungeon (in any MMO) that i’ve gotten that sense of accomplishment from sticking with it until i was able to rise to the challenge ended up eventually having that challenge nerfed completely out of it.

it happens in every MMO. something extremely tough is presented, some people tough it out and rise to the challenge, others run to the forums and cry for easy-mode. within a couple weeks, the people crying for easy-mode always win, and what used to be satisfying challenging content ends up completely trivialized. and within the next couple weeks, everyone has the rewards from the challenge, and it ends up being completely abandoned.

to be honest, i think that cycle really stems from the “we don’t keep score and everyone gets a trophy” culture. which rewards mediocrity and actively punishes success, and also instills a very strong sense of self entitlement. “i showed up, where’s my reward?” when confronted with a challenge, they cry to mommy (or in the case of MMOs, the devs), and throw a temper tantrum until they get handed their precious shiny. and once they have it, it won’t actually mean anything to them, so they’ll have no problem throwing it away so they can move on to the next challenge, and get that nerfed into oblivion. once a game has been completely trivialized, their work is done, so they move on to the next one and start all over.

the best thing any MMO can do for its health is not make any adjustments for 6 months after its released. that’s usually the time when the nerf/whine zerg has hopped to a different game. catering to them only serves to damage the product overall, and shortens the lifespan of it considerably. ignoring them, waiting for them to leave, THEN beginning to gather data from those who remain to see if anything needs changed will yield far more accurate feedback. unfortunately, pretty much every MMO i’ve ever played has buckled under the pressure, and paid the price for it.

crestpiemangler.7631

the best thing any MMO can do for its health is not make any adjustments for 6 months after its released. that’s usually the time when the nerf/whine zerg has hopped to a different game. catering to them only serves to damage the product overall, and shortens the lifespan of it considerably. ignoring them, waiting for them to leave, THEN beginning to gather data from those who remain to see if anything needs changed will yield far more accurate feedback. unfortunately, pretty much every MMO i’ve ever played has buckled under the pressure, and paid the price for it.

I can agree with the preceding paragraphs, but I must ask: how is that statement to be applied to the current state of GW2, having been out for quite a bit longer than 6 months and with a plethora of people who have completed all of the content?

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

The very few times I have gotten into dungeons other than CoF p1 and the very rare AC exp by use of gw2lfg, it ended in utter disaster:

people would wipe a few times and then immediately leave, often without typing word.

Maybe you’re the problem? I do dungeons with gw2lfg all the time without wipes. Either stop inviting people who don’t know what they’re doing, or get better at explaining what to do.

crestpiemangler.7631

Maybe you’re the problem? I do dungeons with gw2lfg all the time without wipes. Either stop inviting people who don’t know what they’re doing, or get better at explaining what to do.

I don’t know.. would it be possible to actually offer constructive criticism without resorting to an ad hominem argument?

I don’t feel bad though, because even if I am the deficient one it would appear that most people partake in my deficiency as well.

Not to mention that I’ve never had the opportunity to run other instances due to the lack of available people.

Blix.8021

I don’t know.. would it be possible to actually offer constructive criticism without resorting to an ad hominem argument?

I don’t feel bad though, because even if I am the deficient one it would appear that most people partake in my deficiency as well.

Not to mention that I’ve never had the opportunity to run other instances due to the lack of available people.

Go youtube how to do each path, make sure 4/5 members of the party are guardians and warriors, tell everyone where to stack and dps. There, now you can pug every dungeon with ease. This game is not hard

crestpiemangler.7631

Go youtube how to do each path, make sure 4/5 members of the party are guardians and warriors, tell everyone where to stack and dps. There, now you can pug every dungeon with ease. This game is not hard

I’m not sure whether you’re deliberately being obtuse, or just haven’t read a word in this thread.

(edited by crestpiemangler.7631)

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

I can agree with the preceding paragraphs, but I must ask: how is that statement to be applied to the current state of GW2, having been out for quite a bit longer than 6 months and with a plethora of people who have completed all of the content?

honestly, at this point, it don’t really know if it can. the damage has already been done here. the only possible solution would be to start rolling back everything they’ve done since launch, and start with a clean slate again. obviously, that isn’t a practical solution. it was more of a “this is what future games should do” statement than anything else.

i mean, sure, they could add a new tier of gear, so that everyone ends up on the same page and has to redo all of the content, but that’s pretty much just asking for trouble at this point.

though, a thought just occurred to me. i’ve been reading a lot of the posts in the threads comparing gw1 to gw2, and some sort of skill capturing system keeps being mentioned about gw1. i only played gw1 for a few hours during the free trial right before gw2 launched, so i don’t really know enough about the details to be certain. however, if they completely redesigned the dungeons, and added a way to capture the boss’s skills as incentive to go back into them, it could work. if they want to keep multiple levels of difficulty, they could scale the tokens rewarded at the end to match the difficulty (20 for easy, 50 for medium, 80 for hard, 10 for repeats, for example), then make it so someone has to run the most difficult path in order to be able to capture the skill from the boss. granted, this is all just theory crafting, since i don’t have enough experience with gw1 to know anything about the skill capturing system beyond the little bits i’ve read here and there.

either way, though, redesigning the dungeons and adding new incentive that scaled based on how difficult the path is the players choose to take so that it’s much better to choose the harder paths and rise to the challenge, but there’s still an easy-mode option, would be the way to recover. the problem with that, though, is that it would require a lot of developer time, money and resources simply to get back to square 1. at that point, it’s probably easier to just make entirely new dungeons, and consider the existing ones lost causes and eventually phase them out entirely when enough new dungeons have been made.

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

i mean, sure, they could add a new tier of gear, so that everyone ends up on the same page and has to redo all of the content, but that’s pretty much just asking for trouble at this point.

It could be done.

We know Ascended armors and weapons will be introduced. We know they can be crafted, but that they will require new crafting materials.

Make dungeons give those crafting materials in exchange for tokens. Each dungeon would give a different one, for different recipes. They would, of course, be non tradeable. And limit tokens to once per day, instead of using the current system.

We would then give people a strong incentive to play through different dungeons in the game, going through multiple dungeons per day in order to craft a full set of armor plus weapons.

EDIT: not that I would want this to happen – I don’t really like playing in the dungeons – but it’s a feasible way to implement what the above poster suggested.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Blix.8021

I’m not sure whether you’re deliberately being obtuse, or just haven’t read a word in this thread.

I read the part where you tried to extrapolate your own personal dungeon failings to the broader gw2 playerbase and make a dull point about it.

Posted by: stayBlind.7849

stayBlind.7849

Everytime I talk myself into going to a dungeon I end up alt+f4 sooner rather than later.

Does it have anything to do with how many times the group wipes? No.

Does it have anything to do with how boring, routine, and scripted the boss fights are? Yes.

Does it have anything to do with how CC is utterly useless against bosses? Yes.

I just can’t get through one no matter how many times I trick myself into believing it will be fun …

crestpiemangler.7631

I read the part where you tried to extrapolate your own personal dungeon failings to the broader gw2 playerbase and make a dull point about it.

I’d much rather be “bad” at a video game I’m supposed to enjoy than fail at rudimentary inequalities.

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Anet is going to try and increase variety soon by removing gold from champions. It looks like a weak approach and I’d rather see them institute more dynamic gameplay to dungeons.

Anet could:

• Introduce a system where player traffic affects loot tables. All dungeons start at 1.00 loot, the same as they are now. As more people play a dungeon (not taking paths into account as that is too complex to discuss here) the loot percentage decreases and affects chest drops. The people standing next to the dungeons can keep players up-to-date on percentages throughout the servers(tables would be uniform, JQ gets the same as DB etc). A simple example: COF is being farmed a lot and the drops are .30(30% of a normal chest rate) while AC is .50 and COE is 1.60. COE is far better than the other two so people will move there for better drops. The loot rate could affect tokens, mob drops, gold upon completion as well…If Anet did this I’d hope they use decent volatility in loot rates.
  • Introduce more boss-specific items. This is simple. Anet did this in GW1 and it led to the farming of dungeons all by itself.
  • Create dynamic dungeons. COE 3in1 was a fun dungeon. Using portal you were able to do all 3 paths in one go, bypassing the slow and boring beginning. The first time doing it I thought, “wow Anet did something right, this is actually fun” without realizing the glitches that went into it or how Anet would remove it. Anet could create a system allowing players to complete a path then move to another, bypassing some part of that next path just like COE 3in1.
  • Allow players to start multiple paths, make it akin to FOW and UW in GW1. This probably won’t work in some dungeons and won’t be implemented but it’d be fun to see different strategies/builds emerge if Anet did this.
  • Remove the uncontesting events. They’re useless with guesting available and don’t promote dungeon gameplay. If they provided a buff or item related to dungeons then they’d be useful.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Because most of us who run dungeons for the fun of it, are doing it with friends and guildies, rather than random strangers. And we have a great time.

Posted by: Smith.1826

Smith.1826

An overwhelming majority of my time spent in dungeons as been with PUGs, and I can count on one hand how many groups I’ve had quit. On the other I can count how many times it’s taken over an hour to complete any given path. While the game is very forgiving and can struggle with a challenge, it’s nice to be with a relaxed group of people.

In regards to CoF popularity as opposed to other dungeons: It’s straight-forward, lacks the annoying trash skips seen in other paths, and provides access to the most sought after PvE stats. It has the most reasons for coming back to it, ‘farming’ it.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

By variety I mean the distribution of the people doing dungeons, i.e. the percentage of people doing anything other than CoF p1

Anecdotal evidence against community:

I’ve never been in a group where people have wiped more than 20 times and stayed, which, once upon a time, used to be the norm for doing any kind of endgame content.

Is it this mentality that is keeping people away from the challenging dungeons? Is the reward/time too trivial as it is the only impetus for playing the game in the end for most people?

… or….

Is it the dungeons themselves?

I am not one to complain about long dungeons, especially those that were specifically designed for parties of 5, but Arah path 1 is quite vicious to a beginning group.

The only time I’ve ever managed to get in involved spending over an hour just to get to the slime and having people quit, since it was only 1/4th of the way and they had things to do, e.g. dinner, work etc.

I must admit it was somewhat fun getting to that point, but getting to that point involved essentially avoiding most of the trash mobs and using cheap tricks (the mob AI).

Earlier tonight I ran CoE p2. It took well over an hour and closer to 2 hours. The amount of times I can run CoFp1 in that same amount of time would be some where in the neighborhood of 10 to 15 times or more.

Even if CoFp1 speed runs were not a thing CoF is just a shorter dungeon, period. The fights aren’t as long, there aren’t as many of them, and they aren’t as annoying.

Also for my efforts in CoE I got a little silver and 66 dungeon tokens and like 6-10 blues and greens. In the same time doing CoF I could make 5-10 gold and several hundred dungeon tokens. Not to mention several full inventories full of loot.

I hope hope hope that the future dungeon changes that anet has talked about will make CoE more appealing to run for the time it takes instead of just nerfing CoF into the ground.

Not taking loot into consideration CoF is a shorter dungeon even if speed runs weren’t in the picture. It’s also easier. I would say that’s generally the problem with dungeons. CoF feels rewarding for the time you invest into it. The other dungeons don’t.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

time vs. reward

Why do a dungeon that is longer than 10mins, if the reward doesnt matchup?

data.4093

Earlier tonight I ran CoE p2. It took well over an hour and closer to 2 hours. The amount of times I can run CoFp1 in that same amount of time would be some where in the neighborhood of 10 to 15 times or more.

Even if CoFp1 speed runs were not a thing CoF is just a shorter dungeon, period. The fights aren’t as long, there aren’t as many of them, and they aren’t as annoying.

Also for my efforts in CoE I got a little silver and 66 dungeon tokens and like 6-10 blues and greens. In the same time doing CoF I could make 5-10 gold and several hundred dungeon tokens. Not to mention several full inventories full of loot.

-

time vs. reward

Why do a dungeon that is longer than 10mins, if the reward doesnt matchup?

C’mon Anet. Don’t dangle a legendary in front of people if you don’t want them to find the smartest way of getting it.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Everytime I talk myself into going to a dungeon I end up alt+f4 sooner rather than later.

Does it have anything to do with how many times the group wipes? No.

Does it have anything to do with how boring, routine, and scripted the boss fights are? Yes.

Does it have anything to do with how CC is utterly useless against bosses? Yes.

I just can’t get through one no matter how many times I trick myself into believing it will be fun …

You forgot

Does it have anything to do with cheap 1 shot mechanics the bosses and most vets have? yes

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Draconicus.7564

Draconicus.7564

That’s exactly why i strongly defend that GW2 must allow us also to run the dungeons solo or with a system with Heroes like in GW1!!

crestpiemangler.7631

Because most of us who run dungeons for the fun of it, are doing it with friends and guildies, rather than random strangers. And we have a great time.

That spawns the rhetorical question: “Why play an MMO if you only want to play within your own circle?”

10-20 years ago people actually enjoyed meeting and interacting with people online. It was a way to learn new things and gain perspectives.

I guess your generation is just different in that respect.

data.4093

No it’s not everyone. No gen x vs y stuff. :P
(unfortunately you’re kind of right)

On topic: It looks like Anet is moving soon on dungeons with static gold rewards. It’s going to be cof p1 redux once people figure out the most profitable runs.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I consider myself partially responsible for that.

Several years ago, playing WoW, I was one that never shied of longest or hardest dungeons, and stuck to them to the end (if the party didn’t leave before, that is)… 20 wipes at a boss?, let’s repair and got at it a 21st time!!!. Today, while I love doing dungeons (and any group content), anytime I get a chance to go to one my first question is “how long does it take?”.

What changed?… well, I got older, got married and have a beautiful baby that is going to start school in the next few months, so now my gaming time is reduced to late night after the baby is tucked in and sleeping (and sometimes wife is as well), and I’m lucky if I can get an hour of uninterrupted gaming time altogether. No matter how hard a boss fight is, or how involved it is, if the baby wakes up crying at night he’s not going to wait until I finish killing it. Which is also why I tend to shy away from PUGs, I usually try to do guild runs when it comes to dungeons because I’m a member of a guild of mostly older people (min. age is 25, but we have members well over 60) that tend to be more easy going and understanding of those situations.

I like the idea of longer and harder dungeons… but I know that chances are, I’ll never get to do them in the first place. One feature I’d like to see is something like they had in WoW raids or heroic dungeons when I played, where you could save yourself at a specific point of a dungeon (maybe after killing a boss) and until you reset it (or it auto resets after a while) you could continue at that point. Or maybe something like they had in vanilla in longer dungeons, where you could get things like keys for gates that allowed you to bypass some sections of the dungeons for the longest ones (Lower Blackrock Spire anyone?), but of course dungeon rewards should diminish if you decide to do it, though.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/august-06-2013/

Bonus Rewards for Dungeons
Each day when you finish a unique path for any explorable or story dungeon, you’ll receive a bonus reward for completion—1 to 3 gold for explorable dungeons depending on their length and difficulty, 50 silver for story dungeons. Guaranteed coin rewards that previously dropped from bosses in dungeons have been removed in lieu of these new rewards for dungeon completion; all other drops off of bosses have not been changed. Now you have even more incentive for braving the hazards of the dungeons of Tyria!

That is all.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

crestpiemangler.7631

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/august-06-2013/

Bonus Rewards for Dungeons
Each day when you finish a unique path for any explorable or story dungeon, you’ll receive a bonus reward for completion—1 to 3 gold for explorable dungeons depending on their length and difficulty, 50 silver for story dungeons. Guaranteed coin rewards that previously dropped from bosses in dungeons have been removed in lieu of these new rewards for dungeon completion; all other drops off of bosses have not been changed. Now you have even more incentive for braving the hazards of the dungeons of Tyria!

That is all.

Yup.. I made that post well before I was aware of that. That’s pretty kittening awesome.

Amazing insight, A-net. I guess this post doesn’t have anymore relevance….. at least I sincerely hope it won’t.