What is the dev team currently working on?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: gummz.4928

gummz.4928

For me, I hope it has something to do with PvP.

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

why would this post be an infraction? now that the holidays are over, i’m hoping they give us some kind of road map for WvW, ascended gear, dungeons, etc.

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

why would this post be an infraction? now that the holidays are over, i’m hoping they give us some kind of road map for WvW, ascended gear, dungeons, etc.

From how they’ve been enforcing the forums today, calling out ANet and demanding from ANet.

You may think I’m jesting, but I’m not.

Posted by: kendokken.3257

kendokken.3257

I believe they are working on nerfing loot in dungeons and fractals to match the world loot drops.
Either that or finding ways to bug the few traits and very few other mechanics that still work.

Posted by: BulletNG.7069

BulletNG.7069

I’m sure they’re working on the January update event.

Dawn of Dementia [DUI] – Yak’s Bend
Formerly: Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Working on new content , Wv3 , Fixing bugs , Tweaking traits/class balance , Figuring out how to Make content worth doing for fair rewards/risk factor

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

We’ll be releasing more information on our blog in the next couple weeks that details our plans for first half of 2013, including more details on the kind of stories and features you’ll see in the January, February and March releases.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Thanks Colin, best wishes to you!

and your smile.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Good to hear Colin, I’ll just keep on enjoying the game until that blog post is made.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

They are filming a revised Manifesto video.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Posted by: Avitarus.1865

Avitarus.1865

I hope the stories and features are all about:
1.) Bug fixes
2.) Releasing content/features promised prior to release (guesting, mini-games, etc)

Fear, for when I appear, threads soon after disappear…

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

We’ll be releasing more information on our blog in the next couple weeks that details our plans for first half of 2013, including more details on the kind of stories and features you’ll see in the January, February and March releases.

great news! i’m excited to see what’s in store for gw2 in 2013…

Posted by: Skaven Zverov.2984

Skaven Zverov.2984

I put that smile on WIntersday Fan Art, Colin, didn’t even heard feedback on that

Work hard, and be well! Good job so far, do not fall into corporative ideas, you know in your heart they aren’t viable

White Flash of Gunnar’s Hold – Hennera Silentwind [CORE]

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

Anything on Legendary item requirement adjustments? The Lodestones, Colin, the lodestones…

They be killing us!

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Ah yes, I’d be in favour of this. The signature tells only part of the story.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

I would seriously really like to see this, after the Ascended gear controversy it would be great if they could give us a look at the direction this game is heading in 2013.

Also, its great to hear we will receive more information “in the coming weeks”, bad sadly doesn’t this mean there will be no new content till late January? So nothing to do till the end of the month

Posted by: leprekan.7248

leprekan.7248

Precursors being addressed? Any chance you guys could just add a tab to the Mystic forge NPC selling the precursors? 100 gold for 1 handed 200 gold for 2 handed? Leave drop rates and forge chance the same. Helps remove all the gold that keeps getting put into the economy with gold sales.

Or a logical reason why not? Thanks for your consideration.

A Yak since headstart. [herm]

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

My biggest desire is to hopefully hear something about how they plan to ensure populations across all servers – not just those listed as full – remain viable, whether it be through server merges or some other kind of mechanic.

Ive been having a blast since day one and I trust the new content will not disappoint. My only concern is that some servers may end up being left behind as everyone flocks to the top 1/3 of servers and we lose some to natural MMO attrition. We need the people around to enjoy the content.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Is the January’s update at the end of the month?

Posted by: Edmo.7159

Edmo.7159

There is nothing wrong with the manifesto
http://www.arena.net/blog/mmo-manifesto-reactions

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

There is nothing wrong with the manifesto
http://www.arena.net/blog/mmo-manifesto-reactions

Yea, the manifesto is cool, with just the minor flaw that it has no bearing on the actual game whatsoever.

edit: Oh, and I wanted to add I’m entirely not surprised that those next 2 updates actually not are “the size of an expansion”. An expansion, in MMO terms, usually means at least 1 new class, new skills and new areas. I don’t mean to say we desperately need to get those things right now (I’m quite against it in fact), I just wanted to point out how marketing speach sucks and gets everyones expectations up with nothing to back it up at all.

(edited by wintermute.4096)

Posted by: Jaxon.5392

Jaxon.5392

They’re casting for the live action movie .

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

YAY! thanks!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

I’m hoping for more new Legendaries & Ascended Weapons/Armors

Posted by: Ranlea.8270

Ranlea.8270

I would like to see (and anticipate)

1) 10 and 20/25 people Instances for PvE introduced in game preferably at level cap – with drops equal to very good weapons and amour. It may be best practice to have two versions of these Instances, one at standard level the other at a more advanced heroic level thus suiting casual as well as dedicated gamers

2) I would like to see some forum changes. The main change I would suggest is the introduction of valued posters (lets call them Most Valued Posters or MPVs for short). These posters would be selected by AreaNet based on a criteria of being helpful and objective in forum posts towards fellow players/posters. These new MPVs could have some direct email contact with members of the Areanet community team to keep up to date with events. Of course the usual disclaimers about not representing Areanet or being an employee etc. could be made clear

3) As a slightly longer term release many players might desire their own private space within Tyria – lets call them Homesteads. These Homesteads would be purchasable for real life cash via the gem store and would enable players to customise them via landscaping, buildings, furniture, plants, some coding scripts, and animals etc. Other players could enter these Homesteads with permissions granted. Areanet could consider awarding a prize for the best designed one every 3 or 6 months. This might appeal to graphic designers, software writers, artists, as well as other players. In addition this would be an additional revenue and even possibly a recruiting tool for Areanet.

3) In Game Map design – it would be helpful for players to be able to clearly see individual regions with a broad level guide – a small change but welcome I am sure

4) PvP – There are some very skilled PvP players within game who might appreciate the in game chance of more personalised combat on a small team basis, say 2 v 2 or 4 v 4. We could call these more individual battlefields Gladiator Battlefields, these would be customised battlefields designed for 2 v 2 or 4 v 4 PvP gaming. Again as per Homesteads Areanet could consider running a league type competition – and finally very good PvP amour and weapons could be made available for players to buy based on some sort of skill point currency….. lets call it proficiency points.

5) Servers

It might be welcomed by role players to have a few designated role playing servers. Very little coding or work needs to be done here as by and large it would be self regulated by players entering these realms
———————————————————————

Folks, these are a few ideas to be going on with, views welcomed. (Oh if Areanet want to contact me in rl to discuss these ideas further you have my contact details -:)

Finally I might be cautiously optimistic these ideas in broad concept so to speak might well be welcomed by other players but feedback always helpful

(edited by Ranlea.8270)