What is the game Devs plan Exactly ?? x.x

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ankushp.7245

Ankushp.7245

On one hand we have people complaining that “The Raids have once again enforced Beserker gear as the Meta” , then on the other hand we have people complaining “The new HoT mobs are too hard….we are all going splat…not soloable etc etc”

So in Raids you have given us content where there is a need for high fast dps …. we alll have to now invest time (many cases money) to get full ascended beserker gear. Then we have strong mobs outside where using other more defensive gear would be more helpful. But since meta is beserker/viper’s etc the ‘less skilled’ (yes I know all you skilled players can do anything and everything with beserker gear…..) players who opt for that gear inorder to ‘fit-in’ , end up dieing a lot.

This in turn is fundamentally against your stand of being casual player friendly (I myself am against making content easy)

You add all these new stat combinations……most of them are looked down upon…..useless….

Ofcourse we have the whole no trinity thing…….

So what is your plan exactly ?? Or is it that we all must have multiple sets of gear for different areas of the game………….oh aaand you increased the cost of making ascended gear x.x

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

I think this is what you are looking for …….
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-road-ahead-for-2015/

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Berserker meta? You do know that many teams have a tank (that may or may not be using berserkers, condition players, and a healer. In other MMO’s you normally have the same set up so I don’t know why people are expecting anything different. At least classes have the ability to perform many of these roles.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Yeah, I know.

Honestly, I can’t be bothered with it.

Good luck to those who can.

Berserker meta? You do know that many teams have a tank (that may or may not be using berserkers, condition players, and a healer. In other MMO’s you normally have the same set up so I don’t know why people are expecting anything different. At least classes have the ability to perform many of these roles.

Yeah, but the issue is more about needing (or being far better off with) several sets of ascended gear.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Ayrilana.1396

Yeah, I know.

Yeah, but the issue is more about needing (or being far better off with) several sets of ascended gear.

Except that you don’t. That’s a requirement imposed by other players.

Tigaseye.2047

Yeah, I know.

Except that you don’t. That’s a requirement imposed by other players.

Well, probably partly, but the OP’s description of preferring to use more defensive gear in HoT and then DPS gear in raids is pretty accurate.

I’ve only tried the raid once, briefly and people seemed to think you need a tank, a healer and then both zerker and condi build DPS.

So, they were feeling under pressure to change their gear and builds etc..

Then, of course, they’d go outside into the HoT maps and might wish they had more defence again.

I know you can use exotics for the HoT maps, so you could go and get some exotic Soldiers gear, or whatever.

But, naturally, people tend to dislike having to go down a gear tier, once they have the higher tier.

It’s just human nature.

Plus, it’s just so much gear piling up in your bags, plus faffing around changing it, as we don’t have equipment sets.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

This in turn is fundamentally against your stand of being casual player friendly (I myself am against making content easy)

You add all these new stat combinations……most of them are looked down upon…..useless….

Ofcourse we have the whole no trinity thing…….

So what is your plan exactly ?? Or is it that we all must have multiple sets of gear for different areas of the game………….oh aaand you increased the cost of making ascended gear x.x

There have been two groups on the forums since maybe the beginning of time:
Group a) Zerker elitists, kitten them, we want to wear what we want to wear, nerf zerker!!!!!
Group b) Screw casual, we want impossible content!

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

snip

snip

As far as I remember Anet themselves said ascended would be required to beat the bosses – but don’t ask me for a link – probably someone else knows.

Ayrilana.1396

snip

snip

As far as I remember Anet themselves said ascended would be required to beat the bosses – but don’t ask me for a link – probably someone else knows.

No. It was clarified as being recommended.

Posted by: ucheks.2894

ucheks.2894

If you cant deal with the jungle in berserker gear, than raids arent the place for you. Sorry.

Tigaseye.2047

snip

snip

Depends who you ask.

Apparently, it was a rather vague tweet, although I didn’t see it.

Some people read it as ascended required, some people read it as ascended recommended and some people as ascended required for the last boss, only.

No idea what the truth is.

Posted by: Frostfire.7492

Frostfire.7492

snip

snip

Depends who you ask.

Some people read it as ascended required, some people read it as ascended recommended and some people as ascended required for the last boss, only.

http://dulfy.net/2015/09/30/gw2-ascended-gear-will-be-needed-in-raids/

@blacklionchest Earlier wing bosses can prob be killed by top tier players in mix of asc/ex. Last boss should be full asc.
Yeah

I think this clearly states that asc. should be needed.

Ayrilana.1396

snip

snip

Depends who you ask.

Anet actually outright stated that it was recommended.

Tigaseye.2047

snip

snip

Depends who you ask.

@blacklionchest Earlier wing bosses can prob be killed by top tier players in mix of asc/ex. Last boss should be full asc.
Yeah

Well, unless you’re a “top tier player” (whatever that is, or isn’t, in this game) it would appear so.

OK, well it doesn’t surprise me, TBH.

But, when I tried to say that it was basically required (because I’d heard that, on here) on the HoT subforum, someone practically bit my head off and said Anet had only said it was necessary for the last boss.

So, there does seem to be some confusion.

If you cant deal with the jungle in berserker gear, than raids arent the place for you. Sorry.

IDK about that, it’s kind of different.

Also, people might want to chill a bit, in openworld content.

Being fully alert, at all times, is hardly relaxing.

You expect to have to be alert in raids, but not for hours on end in openworld.

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

It’s easy to be confused by all this but it becomes a bit easier to see what the plan is/was when you step back and take in all parts as a whole:

• Dungeon reward/gold nerfs announced 2 weeks prior to launch and well after pre-order.

What does the above accomplish? It keeps people who didn’t buy HoT from making to much gold and keeps people who did buy HoT in HoT maps.

• Fractal Reward/Gold nerfs for people who don’t own HoT.

How? People that don’t own HoT don’t have access to masteries to get better rewards out of core game content. This flat out means less gold/rewards for those who don’t own HoT and gates core content behind the HoT paywall.

• Guild Halls/Scribing Massive gold and material sinks. These were designed as massive sinks first and as social hubs second.
  • General lack of earnable armor/weapon/backpiece/glider skins like you would find in most premium-priced expansions.
  • HoT release Day gem shop purchases for gliders and outfits.

What does the above accomplish? It flushes more gold out of the economy and gets people to buy gems with real money on top of the premium expansion price you already paid. The classic double dip.

So when we look at the big picture we see that everything is designed around ArenaNet’s real world economy as opposed to them making the best product aimed at players having the most fun possible and then from that fun them wanting to spend money on the game because they got such an incredible gaming experience.

Does this mean there isn’t fun to be had in HoT? By all means, no! It just means it could have been more fun had that been the primary goal been to make the game for player’s enjoyment first and ArenaNet’s economic success come because of the fun factor.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Ayrilana.1396

snip

snip

Depends who you ask.

Yeah

Well, unless you’re a “top tier player” (whatever that is, or isn’t, in this game) it would appear so.

OK, well it doesn’t surprise me, TBH.

But, when I tried to say that it was basically required (because I’d heard that, on here) on the HoT subforum, someone practically bit my head off and said Anet had only said it was necessary for the last boss.

So, there does seem to be some confusion.

IDK about that, it’s kind of different.

Also, people might want to chill a bit, in openworld content.

Being fully alert, at all times, is hardly relaxing.

You expect to have to be alert in raids, but not for hours on end in openworld.

Oh. I don’t disagree with you that there’s some confusion.