What is the point of dragon chest loot?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Hi,
With the change in how rare items are awarded after killing a dragon, or some event that rewards a chest at the end, what is the point of the chest itself? Two or three blues, maybe a green? Junk to me. Might as well give me the silver I would receive by vendoring the blue/green armor and weapons. Save me the trip to a vendor, and save me the bag space.

Since these items would rarely result in Ancient Wood, or Ori ore, or some T6 material, I really see no point in this.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

It is still random loot from the tables. You still have a chance at rares, exotics, and even precursors.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

It is still random loot from the tables. You still have a chance at rares, exotics, and even precursors.

I stopped playing shortly after the change and came back this week. The only rares or exotics that Ive received have been from the side chest that appears in your window, never from the chest sitting on the ground in the world.

I guess I’m really unlucky? Would make sense…I did pump in about 140 rares into the mystic toilet last night to receive about a dozen or so exotics, no pre cursor.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Ommu.1649

Ommu.1649

I stopped playing shortly after the change and came back this week. The only rares or exotics that Ive received have been from the side chest that appears in your window, never from the chest sitting on the ground in the world.

I guess I’m really unlucky? Would make sense…I did pump in about 140 rares into the mystic toilet last night to receive about a dozen or so exotics, no pre cursor.

Not unlucky.

140 rares into the toilet at the going rate of 1 exotic per 5 tries means you should have gotten 9 exotics. If you got 12 you were quite lucky.

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

I made 80 gold off one dragon chest, I see no issue here?

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I returned to GW2 from a hiatus about 5 weeks ago. I’ve killed 50-55 dragons in that time and have received a total of 1 exotic… a travelers exotic, at that -_-’ Besides that, my best loot was a level 76 rare scepter. ;_;

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Precursor lotto. That is how I look at it.

I can chill a bit and watch a bit of tv, do some dishes, or cook something and still get a chance at a precursor. Get some karma and other junk with it. I don’t have to be there the whole time like in a dungeon, I can just wait for the boss or do some pre event.

Either way, I don’t have to focus for long periods of time and there can be a longish pause while I do something else.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I get yellows from the dragon chests some of the time…certainly enough of the time to want the chest. I even got an exotic from one last week.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I get yellows from it all the time.

Well not like 100% of the time but a good 50% or so I’d say.

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

The point is it is one of the only areas of the game where the time spent vs reward is actually worth it.

Everything else has absolutely awful RNG, at least the bonus chests guarantee 1 rare.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

dragon chest pays for the teleport I guess. Only the bonus chest (1/day) gives a few silver profit.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

i didn’t do alot of the world event. but last time i got a rare of the rng chest.

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

When did they change when rares drop from the chest? I’ve gotten a total of 3 yellows at one time – 2 from the main chest and 1 from the bonus. But this was a week or two ago. Rarely get exotics though.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I get rares from the dragon chest 99% of the time. I haven’t done one in the last couple of days, though, so if it has changed, I’ve not encountered it yet. And, of course, I always get the ‘guaranteed’ rare. I think I have gotten one exotic, maybe two, since they made the change to the chests. I only do one or two, at the most three, dragon chests per day, though.

Posted by: Sokina.8041

Sokina.8041

Guaranteed rare per dragon (Or similar event) per day, with very little effort put forth into it, with the chances of additional rares, exotics, and precursors, as well as guaranteed other items that can add up fairly quickly.

I mean, I like it. I don’t go out of my way to farm them, but they’re a good way to make money if you’re willing to teleport, or have a guild that calls them out. (Or follows the timer)