What is the reason there is no trade system?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tomer.4098

Tomer.4098

(srry if it was recently added, last time I played was 4 months ago, downloading the game again now)
Obviously, they can make a trade system easily, but why didn’t they?

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

There is a trade system. Just talk to a Black Lion Merchant and you can trade items with other players via the trading post.

If your question is why there is no direct player to player trading, that’s a different question! The reason for that are the scammers that confused players in GW1 with high- and low-price items that share a similar icon and/or name. And suddenly you bought the cheap item for the price of the expensive one.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Because we have the TP which:

-Provides a gold sink for the economy (which hedges against inflation)… something that isn’t really possible with player to player trading
-Can’t be used to scam somebody with. Player to player trading causes a lot of hassle for CS when they need to resolve scam cases
-Can be used anywhere in the world without spamming the local and public chats

Even in GW1 with a relatively “safe” trade system, people still got duped. People switched the trade item with a cheaper item with the same/cheaper icon, changed the amount of the item or changed the amount of gold.

I can imagine the same thing happening GW2 with legendaries: Usoku’s Needle instead of Spark, for example.

Tl;dr: Unnecessary as we have a more efficient system and causes extra work for CS.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Multiple reasons. First, security. Having a central trading post makes it extremely difficult if not impossible for scams to occur during trade. Scamming has always been one of the biggest issues in a player-to-player trade system.

Second, convenience. Players can list or sell items from anywhere in the game. They do not have to gather at a central location to buy/sell/trade their items, and don’t have to wait for said items to become available. They also don’t have to spend time hawking their wares when they could be spending that time playing.

These are the two biggest reasons, and to be honest the small gold-sink fee that goes with the trading post system is more than worth it.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

The Trading Post does two main things:

1. It guarantees that you won’t be scammed. This frees up a TON of developer time that no longer needs to be spent sussing out who cheated who.
2. It removes gold from the economy with every transaction, thus fighting inflation.

Allowing player to player trading would bypass both of these benefits and create a massive headache for developers and inflation for the players.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Reason for a TP : Security, Reduce Inflation, easier to use, free up the map and lfg of all the sellers.

Reason for direct trade : I don’t wanna pay the fee.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Querying the trading system in a post. Hmm.

Really though, the trading post is there as a gold sink, convenience, and a way to suppress illegitimate players.

And it works. That trading post is the best, most convenient system I’ve used in an MMO. It blows standard auction houses out of the water. And since it’s such an effective gold filter, most of the prices are more or less tamed (excepting the obvious BS drop rates on certain exotics).

Edit: Oh yeah, and it keeps obnoxious trade chat from the game. Awesome!

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Reason for a TP : Security, Reduce Inflation, easier to use, free up the map and lfg of all the sellers.

And paying the fee is good for the game, as you and previous posters mentioned.

I see this thread coming again next week, with all the newcomers.

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

this and other topic " we want wow dps meters!"

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

this and other topic " we want wow dps meters!"

That was already up this week.

Posted by: Khalisto.5780

Khalisto.5780

unless they changed it, you can send money and items via email

Love roaming builds and non meta silly builds.
Don’t worry boys, Blade and Soul is coming.

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

unless they changed it, you can send money and items via email

excactly !
only f2p cant, others still can do it . but be careful there is no support. if you get scammed their is no support—> items/gold lost

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Curtis Johnson

Hey guys,

The no face-to-face trade is a real decision and it’s primarily a question of trust (as many of you have noted). But it’s also a decision to protect players from scamming and protect the economy from black-markets. Let’s run through some quick examples.

1) Give something to my friend. – As several of you noted, target your friend, right click the item and select ‘mail-to…’. Done, this works in contact list, guild list, or in world anywhere without having to ‘meet’ them or ‘catch’ them.

2) Get a fair price for an item (anti-scam). – Because ALL trading goes through the trading post we can guarantee that highest bidder meets lowest seller and we can give every player the benefit of current market information.

3) Barter item-for-item. This is the grey area and also the most risky kind of trade because even with UI many items look alike in icon and many social engineering scams take place in this kind of system. It’s a risky trade environment which is why when you support it you have to have these multi-stage UI’s where everyone double-checks everything, and then eventually get’s lazy and stops double-checking and gets scammed anyways.

In the end we decided with super easy access to mail for trusted trades and trading post for untrusted trades that such a system wasn’t worth the risk, complication, and fragmenting the player market off of the trading post..

In testing we’ve found that mail is easier 90% of the time we’d want trade and the other 10% trading post is far safer and avoids drama and thing like random trade windows being thrown at you and lots of other unsavory hawking in game.

Hope that all makes sense.

… was the response in beta.

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

the small gold fee in the trading post helps keep things a little honest and not a copper war, with removing and relisting a hundred time. Plus if you really trust the player like I do with my partner, we just send each other it via mail and you can list up to 5 or 6 item that way to. We done it a lot for dye, or just sell cause she trust i set a better price, or a eye on the price for item i sell a lot.

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

I think most people have forgotten that we also dont want map chat filled with

WTS 200*silk
WTB DAWN
WTS omnomberries CHEAPEST PRICE ON THE SERVER

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

WTS 200*silk
WTB DAWN

Yeah its one of the reasons I love GW2, no obnoxious WTS/WTB. Even games that has dedicated trade channels will see main chat flooded with it because people are idiots.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

WTS 200*silk
WTB DAWN

Yeah its one of the reasons I love GW2, no obnoxious WTS/WTB. Even games that has dedicated trade channels will see main chat flooded with it because people are idiots.

To go along with that, many people would flood the main chat channel because they knew that so many people opted out of showing the trade channel.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

WTS 200*silk
WTB DAWN

To go along with that, many people would flood the main chat channel because they knew that so many people opted out of showing the trade channel.

Which is why I leave main chat, too.
Every new character in a major city: /leave trade /leave main
Every time.
I don’t even keep map chat rolling except in its own “you’re a bad child” tab, so I can check up on it once in a rare while.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

Tera uses both AH and player trading and normal trading is used a lot.
Its faster unless you sell to highest bidder and you skip the fee.
low demand vendor stuff still goes trough AH.
The argument that you can get scammed is pathetic then you have done it yourself.

Posted by: Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Folks are looking at the problem and not the solution. Let’s just say I have Shadow Abyss, but don’t necessarily want gold, but am open to an item for item(s) trade. Why couldn’t there be a Black Lion Barter system that works like this:

1) I offer the item for trade. It leaves my inventory and is displayed as an item up for trade to all players viewing the barter items. It would also charge me 1G for offering the item for trade.

2) Players are allowed to propose trades offering their own item(s) they would offer in trade. Those items leave their inventory. These player are also charged 1G.

3) As the person listing the initial item I’m the only one who can view all the offers.

4) I have 48 hours to make a decision or the offer goes away and all items are returned to all players. However, the house keeps 50s from my 1G as a service fee. The 1 G is returned to all the players who submitted non-accepted trades.

5) If I accept one of the offers the items are mailed to each player. The 2G goes to the house as a service fee. All non-accepted trade players have their items and 1G returned to them.

No scams, No Spams. It would work.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Tera uses both AH and player trading and normal trading is used a lot.
Its faster unless you sell to highest bidder and you skip the fee.
low demand vendor stuff still goes trough AH.
The argument that you can get scammed is pathetic then you have done it yourself.

Tera’s economy is different from GW2’s economy. Their gold sinks are different in number and how much it takes each time.

What works in one game’s economy will not necessarily work in all games’ economies.

Seera.5916

Folks are looking at the problem and not the solution. Let’s just say I have Shadow Abyss, but don’t necessarily want gold, but am open to an item for item(s) trade. Why couldn’t there be a Black Lion Barter system that works like this:

1) I offer the item for trade. It leaves my inventory and is displayed as an item up for trade to all players viewing the barter items. It would also charge me 1G for offering the item for trade.

2) Players are allowed to propose trades offering their own item(s) they would offer in trade. Those items leave their inventory. These player are also charged 1G.

3) As the person listing the initial item I’m the only one who can view all the offers.

4) I have 48 hours to make a decision or the offer goes away and all items are returned to all players. However, the house keeps 50s from my 1G as a service fee. The 1 G is returned to all the players who submitted non-accepted trades.

5) If I accept one of the offers the items are mailed to each player. The 2G goes to the house as a service fee. All non-accepted trade players have their items and 1G returned to them.

Isn’t that what the trading post is? Except it doesn’t auto-return your items to you after X time?

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

(srry if it was recently added, last time I played was 4 months ago, downloading the game again now)

we have something called the trading post. which works very well and there is no need for a player to player trade system . doing that will only hurt the game and the player.s

Crimson Clouds.4853

No, this argument is certainly not “pathetic”.

I value Customer Support’s time. Scamming is a real issue, even with a system as “fool proof” as the on in GW1 which required you to resubmit your agreement to trade if anything was changed. People still got scammed. Yes, buyer beware to an extent, but even knowledgeable and careful people get scammed- scammers will always find a weakness in human behaviour and exploit it.

Adding an unnecessary feature that will only cause hassle for CS is a bad business move. They’d probably have to increase staffing for it to deal with more tickets, which means more money spent more wages. Either that, or CS gets a backlog and each ticket takes longer to be resolved. Currently, A-net has a very good reputation for speedy and fair resolutions… why would they chance compromising that for an antiquated feature that they made a point of moving away from at launch?

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

There’s no trade system to keep the economy stable (sinking cash via TP fees), and to keep every major area from being a giant blob of WTS/WTB chat.

With a fully functional trading post (as we have now) the only remaining reason for direct trade is, essentially, tax evasion – which adds nothing to the game economy on the whole. You are still able to give items to your friends via the mail system, and the side effects of reducing scams, while not the primary purpose, is certainly a nice side benefit.

Sure, there are some people who really like spamming WTB/WTS chat and trading with others (though I suspect a lot of that is because they can get better deals due to more intimate market knowledge at the expense of people with less), but how much of a loss is that, really?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The two reasons I can think of for player to player trading is

A) dodging the gold sink, which is why it’ll never happen. If they ever introduced a system it’ll still have the gold sink.

B) selling an item to a particular player, for a particular price but you aren’t trusting enough to use the mail or it’ll take weeks to get the money out of the mail.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Isn’t that what the trading post is? Except it doesn’t auto-return your items to you after X time?

That is exactly what the trading post does, only it’s simpler to use and more transparent.

• You have Celestial Dye, but you want Abyss.
  • You sell the white vial on the TP, collect your funds, and put a buy order for Abyss.
  • You collect Abyss.
  • Profit.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

If you don’t want to pay the fee and are willing to give up secure trades for it, just mail the item to the person you’re trading with, and they can mail you the gold for it. That’s your direct trade.

“But that’s not secure!” You just said you don’t care about secure trades. GW2’s method just makes it completely obvious that direct trades are not secure. There is no illusion of security like with direct trades in other games, which is what allows scams to flourish.

If you want a bullet-proof secure trade, use the TP. If you want insecure trades, use mail. There is no in-between, because the in-between is what makes scams possible.

Gaviston Hawkington.9647

I think folks are overlooking a lot of aspects of my proposal:

1) Cash sink of 2G on all executed trades/ 50S on non-executed trades.
2) This system helps ignore the inflated prices in the TP due to market players
3) After 3 years if I were to craft a legendary I’d have find a way to raise significant gold just to list on TP.
4) Actually helps deter the LTB/LTS in map chat or other communication channels.
5) Secure trade
6) One step process vs. (sell, collect G, buy)

If there were not players who control the pricing on the TP I’d say that a trade option wouldn’t be necessary. However, we know there are players who can control the price of materials as well as desired items. Evidence: Celestial Dye. Supply of Celestial Dye on TP has INCREASED and yet the price increases in light of flat or no growth in demand. Economics 101 states that if Demand is constant and Supply increases that prices go DOWN, not UP.

Seera.5916

3) After 3 years if I were to craft a legendary I’d have find a way to raise significant gold just to list on TP.
4) Actually helps deter the LTB/LTS in map chat or other communication channels.
5) Secure trade

If there were not players who control the pricing on the TP I’d say that a trade option wouldn’t be necessary. However, we know there are players who can control the price of materials as well as desired items. Evidence: Celestial Dye. Supply of Celestial Dye on TP has INCREASED and yet the price increases in light of flat or no growth in demand. Economics 101 states that if Demand is constant and Supply increases that prices go DOWN, not UP.

1. So if I’m selling an item that doesn’t sell at a fast rate, I risk having to continually place the order and spending more than 2G once it actually sells. A new player can’t use this system at all due to the price. The Trading Post they can use since it’s a fee relative to the price they set and they typically aren’t getting items that sell for more than a few silver at most, which amounts to a small amount of copper. The fee is a gold sink and they’ve set it up at a % of price sold for a reason. If flat fee was good for the economy they would have done that.

2. No, it now lets players who want to control the market to do so with an increased profit as they can sell it for whatever price they want and only take a 2G fee, instead of a fee that’s much higher. If the TP fee for the item is under 2G, people won’t use your system. They’d rather pay a smaller fee. If it’s around 2G, people would still rather use the TP as it won’t cancel their order and refund them all but 50s each time. Your system would only be used if the item had a fee much higher than 2G and then it’s just a fee escaper and the fee is there for a gold sink. Your system undermines the gold sink and will mean prices will in general rise as more people have more gold on average. And when the average person has more gold, prices on average rise as people think they can get more money out of them.

3. And that’s intended. It’s a gold sink. It serves as a means to keep players from just using the TP as a bank or setting exorbitant prices on items because they have to pay more the higher they want to sell it for. The increasing fee also helps keep inflation in check by keeping the luxury items from being too expensive.

4. I haven’t seen more than a handful of LTB/LTS messages in any chat during my time playing GW2 and I’ve played pretty steadily since launch. So the TP already deters that.

5. Trading Post is secure. No reason to reinvent the wheel here.

6. What if your bag is full when your item expires? Do you lose it? It would have to be a place order, pick up system. No way for it to be automated due to the bugs it would cause if someone’s bag was full.

Your suggestion is only a problem for people who do not wish to pay the fee. Which is there as a much needed gold sink to keep inflation as low as possible. Your solution will increase the rate of inflation.

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

A large number of players (not necessarily the OP) who ask “why don’t we have open trade?” really mean “I liked being a power trader”. Yes, chat filled WTB and WTS is obnoxious and realizing some power trader gouged you after the fact is no fun.

But there is a price we pay (disregarding the 15% fee) for having a controlled economy. In GW1 there was a sense excitement when a new weapon/mini pet would be introduced. Getting to and getting the “new” Icy Dragon Sword was a big deal. But things are not as they were in GW1, but I do miss the charge of excitement when you got a Vial of Dye [Black].

Gaviston Hawkington.9647

5) Secure trade

1. So if I’m selling an item that doesn’t sell at a fast rate, I risk having to continually place the order and spending more than 2G once it actually sells. A new player can’t use this system at all due to the price. The Trading Post they can use since it’s a fee relative to the price they set and they typically aren’t getting items that sell for more than a few silver at most, which amounts to a small amount of copper. The fee is a gold sink and they’ve set it up at a % of price sold for a reason. If flat fee was good for the economy they would have done that.

2. No, it now lets players who want to control the market to do so with an increased profit as they can sell it for whatever price they want and only take a 2G fee, instead of a fee that’s much higher. If the TP fee for the item is under 2G, people won’t use your system. They’d rather pay a smaller fee. If it’s around 2G, people would still rather use the TP as it won’t cancel their order and refund them all but 50s each time. Your system would only be used if the item had a fee much higher than 2G and then it’s just a fee escaper and the fee is there for a gold sink. Your system undermines the gold sink and will mean prices will in general rise as more people have more gold on average. And when the average person has more gold, prices on average rise as people think they can get more money out of them.

3. And that’s intended. It’s a gold sink. It serves as a means to keep players from just using the TP as a bank or setting exorbitant prices on items because they have to pay more the higher they want to sell it for. The increasing fee also helps keep inflation in check by keeping the luxury items from being too expensive.

4. I haven’t seen more than a handful of LTB/LTS messages in any chat during my time playing GW2 and I’ve played pretty steadily since launch. So the TP already deters that.

5. Trading Post is secure. No reason to reinvent the wheel here.

6. What if your bag is full when your item expires? Do you lose it? It would have to be a place order, pick up system. No way for it to be automated due to the bugs it would cause if someone’s bag was full.

Your suggestion is only a problem for people who do not wish to pay the fee. Which is there as a much needed gold sink to keep inflation as low as possible. Your solution will increase the rate of inflation.

1. Naw. If no one offers a trade on your item that should be a sign that there’s little interest. If you don’t like the offers then it costs you 50S and you can sell it on the TP. Anet could program it to credit you the 50S toward the sale if you list it immediately after the close of the trade offer. Thus, you’re out nothing more than if you’d listed it in the first place. This idea is in ADDITION to the TP not as a replacement.

2. Yup. it’s not intended to be used for all items. Why is that an issue? it’s not a fee “escaper” it’s a different service that has a different fee structure. AND introduces another gold sink for the economy.

3. Equally the same for this idea. Again, this idea is to be used in compliment with the TP and not to replace the TP.

4. I haven’t seen that many either, but they do happen. I’ve seen about a dozen or so. Mostly for Legendary items. Why? Because just the listing fee is so large some people don’t have the G to even list the item. However, that’s not to say the trend won’t increase.

5. TP is secure and the trade system would be secure. I think you think this should replace the TP which is not the idea. This is just another option available to players.

6. Same thing that happens if your bag is full today.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

5) Secure trade

Except you’ve ignored the fact that with inflation due to money supply growth, ie the currency is being devalued because there is an abundance of it, an item’s price will can go up with flat demand. There is no natural mechanism on the market other than supply shock that will correct the price to what buyers are truly willing to spend to offset the influx of new inventory.

Lets talk about that flat demand. Players think demand is the number of bids, but it is very misleading. Let’s look at Celestial Dye. What are the legitimate bids? I retrieved the current listings using the API. Out of 1626 bids, 59% of them are 10 copper or less; 80% are 1 gold or less; 95% are 14.2 gold or less. Only 31 bids are half of the current high bid (82.0002 gold) or higher. Only 7 bids are within 10% of that high bid. Out of 1626.

You know why there isn’t growth in demand? Because 98% aren’t even close to the existing high bid. A month into the TP, early October 2012, the high bid was above 2 gold. 87% of the bids today are less than that nearly 3 years later.

It’s noise that hides the legitimate offers. Even John Smith, dev economist, stated that bids aren’t real demand. What we don’t see are the numbers of how many of a item is sold in the last 24 hours and at what prices. We don’t see volume.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Vidal.4306

Vidal.4306

Despite what all the arenanet apologists have been saying, the real reason there’s no trade system is to better force players to use the tp, so anet can take their 15 percent cut, draining gold out of the system and encouraging players to spend real money on gems.

Aand thats fine because it helps keep the game subscription free, but lets dont kid ourselves a out it being because of inflation, which never seems to be a concern when discussing anet’s selling gems for real money.

Posted by: dom.2748

dom.2748

WTS 200*silk
WTB DAWN

I still never had this problem in GW1, people claim that map chat was filled with this stuff in GW1 but it really wasn’t. Trade chat existed and if you tried to say selling or wts or buying or wtb or any of those types of things it automatically put your message in trade chat.

The scamming side of things is also stupid. You can’t be scammed in GW1… the trade window makes you approve both your and your trade partners trade. If they make a change after you approve you then you need to approve it again. So I guess you CAN be scammed if you’re too lazy to check their trade after they change it but then that would be your own fault.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Despite what all the arenanet apologists have been saying, the real reason there’s no trade system is to better force players to use the tp, so anet can take their 15 percent cut, draining gold out of the system and encouraging players to spend real money on gems.

Aand thats fine because it helps keep the game subscription free, but lets dont kid ourselves a out it being because of inflation, which never seems to be a concern when discussing anet’s selling gems for real money.

Actually, inflation would be bad for the GEMS sales as well. Their system relies on players giving up Gold for GEMS, inflation gets out of control and people will stop buying GEMs with gold, which would increase the price of Gold from GEMs, which would mean people would stop buying Gold with GEMs. It is better for Arenanet to police inflation, and the best way they can do that has partially do to with the TP.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

There is a trade system … the TP. It exists so you don’t get scammed.

dom.2748

You have a signature that says “anet, please stop treating players like idiots” and then say stuff like players will be scammed. Lol

Crimson Clouds.4853

You have a signature that says “anet, please stop treating players like idiots” and then say stuff like players will be scammed. Lol

You seem to think that only idiots can get scammed.

All it takes is a momentary lapse in judgement or a situation where you believe the person you are trading with is trustworthy. You might be misinformed or even make a simple error yourself. One small mistake or oversight can be easily exploited by a scammer. One small mistake or oversight does not make a person an idiot, just human.

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

The trading post is great for world wide trades, instead of being stuck looking for the one person trying to sale you something slightly cheap.

dom.2748

All it takes is a momentary lapse in judgement or a situation where you believe the person you are trading with is trustworthy. You might be misinformed or even make a simple error yourself. One small mistake or oversight can be easily exploited by a scammer. One small mistake or oversight does not make a person an idiot, just human.

Did you ever play GW1? Have you ever used the trading system from GW1?

http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/6/6f/TW-Offer.jpg

Basically, the person you are trading with would put in an item and submit their offer and then you would put in your item and submit your offer. If either party changes their offer before hitting the final accept then you need to resubmit your offer allowing you to check the trade window ago.

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Actually, inflation would be bad for the GEMS sales as well. Their system relies on players giving up Gold for GEMS, inflation gets out of control and people will stop buying GEMs with gold, which would increase the price of Gold from GEMs, which would mean people would stop buying Gold with GEMs.

Er, no. If [gold] inflation gets out of control, people stop buying gems with gold (because you get so few gems for x gold). That increases the price of gold from gems, meaning gold inflation has been stopped and reversed, and everything goes back to normal.

Crimson Clouds.4853

Did you ever play GW1? Have you ever used the trading system from GW1?

http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/6/6f/TW-Offer.jpg

Basically, the person you are trading with would put in an item and submit their offer and then you would put in your item and submit your offer. If either party changes their offer before hitting the final accept then you need to resubmit your offer allowing you to check the trade window ago.

Yes I did play GW1. Yes I did use the GW1 trade. And yes, I even had people try to scam me. Luckily for me, I was extra vigilant and didn’t trade all too often, meaning I never got scammed.

And yet people still got scammed, even people who I would consider to be careful players. If you were doubtful of your internet or computer, you could quite easily think that having to hit accept a second time was down to lag. Perhaps you’re tired, perhaps you’re distracted by something else or mis-click.

Either way, there are people with nefarious intentions out there who will try anything to get easy money.

There is no point in adding a system that has no benefit over the TP.

Obtena.7952

I don’t get the LOLZ here … Anet’s got a system for players to safely trade. The link in my signature is something entirely different.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

dom.2748

I don’t get the LOLZ here … Anet’s got a system for players to safely trade. The link in my signature is something entirely different.

Only idiots get scammed, and yet you say we’re not idiots so.. there would be no harm in a trade system.

Obtena.7952

That’s right and we have a trading system. If you’re whole point was just to type ‘LOL’, I guess you made it because frankly, I don’t get what you’re trying to say. I was clear.

(edited by Obtena.7952)