What is the worst fight in this game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

The least inspiring, most annoying, or just downright stupidest fight in the game for you?

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Telling people we dont need mounts. /thread

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

Let me tell you how done I am with Claw of Jormag’s chain fears and knock backs..

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

For me personally, the Mordremoth battle is by far the most frustrating fight in GW2. The 3 insta-death sections where if you fail you get to start all over… no. Not a fan. The normal phases are already long enough as it is, having to repeat them is just torture. I enjoy the HoT story with each of my new characters all the way up until I hit the final mission, then its just like “Ugh, I have to do that again?”.

Even worse is the achievement that requires you to not get hit once during those phases. The ascended amulet you get from that I’d love to have, but I just don’t know if I’ll ever be able to get it. Avoiding the rocks alone is simple enough, and I could probably even manage the 3rd phase demon portal projectiles on its own, but combine those with trying to keep track of where the updrafts are so you don’t go too low to the ground while avoiding all that other stuff… that’s what kills me.

DGraves.3720

Best answer.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The fight with Zhaitan. It’s just the worst.

DGraves.3720

Better best answer. That actually was my worst fight but I deleted my long blurb about it because it’s Zhaitan. No one wants to talk about it.

Posted by: Deleena.3406

Deleena.3406

Subject Alpha can get abit repetitive (even when fought normally)
(i will amit CoE one of the funner dungeons tho)

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

The constant fight that is

- Balance
- WvW
- Communication

Everything else as far as in game content is trivial by comparison.

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

For me personally, the Mordremoth battle is by far the most frustrating fight in GW2. The 3 insta-death sections where if you fail you get to start all over… no. Not a fan. The normal phases are already long enough as it is, having to repeat them is just torture. I enjoy the HoT story with each of my new characters all the way up until I hit the final mission, then its just like “Ugh, I have to do that again?”.

Even worse is the achievement that requires you to not get hit once during those phases. The ascended amulet you get from that I’d love to have, but I just don’t know if I’ll ever be able to get it. Avoiding the rocks alone is simple enough, and I could probably even manage the 3rd phase demon portal projectiles on its own, but combine those with trying to keep track of where the updrafts are so you don’t go too low to the ground while avoiding all that other stuff… that’s what kills me.

This one. Not only is it badly designed it’s buggy.

Posted by: Mesis.2951

Mesis.2951

Fighting critters.
Like what the hell, why are they not murdering us in sleep or dont have any instakill mechanics

Posted by: Moa Lith.8140

Moa Lith.8140

Personally…. Togonn Windmane during No Refuge (Seeds of Truth) when you have Caithe’s skillbar. Wicked Rodeo / Dodgy Crowd anyone?

Posted by: Flapjackson.1596

Flapjackson.1596

Gem Store. On one hand it gives stuff like shared slots and permanent tools and we all admit that they have to make money somehow and on the other hand their shared slots and tools are very highly priced and we get things like the godforsaken Bandit bundle and other cash grabs. It’s a never-ending debate that almost makes me wish there was a subscription.

Abaddon: Fallen God of Water, Secrets, and Dance Battles
In Vino Veritas

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

Some of the dungeon bosses are awful. Wollam in Honor of the Waves gets a special mention for being a dull underwater fight. Most people don’t know how to play underwater well, making him even more of a pain.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

- most HOTW bosses
- Zhaitan
- Togonn Windmane for achievements
- and any other HP sponge that does next to nothing has no phases and just takes ages to kill like most 50+ fractal bosses

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Alone.1784

Alone.1784

Last boss in HOT story by a mile. Super long/boring fight with an hp sponge, buggy as hell, three chances of insta death, requires multiple runs and is the only way to get the best condi amulet.

Seriously still hate that fight after getting bugged up drafts three times before I was able to get a clean run. Immediately exited the game and read/added to all the complaint threads about it I could find.

Posted by: VenomC.7150

VenomC.7150

The Pale Tree fight before mordremoth.

Like…how do you even dodge that stuff?

Posted by: Exclamatory.8351

Exclamatory.8351

Last boss in the HOT story line. Reasons are already specified in the thread.

But, the last boss in Living World Season 2 was also kinda of annoying. It’s like you get to a divine thing to start casting and the only thing you’re thinking is “cmon RNG, cmon RNG. Please don’t have the boss pop up”

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

There was no RNG involved in that phase of the fight. Just patterns.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Aww, meta before I got the chance.

I was going to offer “casual vs hardcore” :P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

Jormag is more just fracking annoying than he is interesting or challenging.

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Zhaitan fight. Zhaitan fight every time.

RP enthusiast

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

- and any other HP sponge that does next to nothing has no phases and just takes ages to kill like most 50+ fractal bosses

You just described more than 3/4 (maybe even more) of the Champions in Core Tyria. But I guess if they made their champions more engaging to fight, people would rage that they can’t afk them and call them “too hard for casuals”.

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

There is A Fight Somewhere around the exalted where you have to fight bristlebacks and bone crackers to open up an area covered by vines. Those dudes aren’t a threat but they take forever to kill. Too much toughness and vitality and they don;t do enough damage.
Its the grindiest fight in the game IMO.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Fighting germans in wvw that wont get out of cannon range.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Teennine.3901

Teennine.3901

Zhaitan fight was just very disappointing, and to this day the instance for it is just super buggy and horrible for me. And since they nerfed it so hard they took any hint of a challenge out of it, I just…. don’t like it at all. I don’t mind -how- we kill him in the end, just, the entire set up for it could have been better. More epic, less annoying sitting around and waiting.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I remember doing a fractal and these giant things would jump around with lots of red circles worth dodging. It’s where you fight on a barbecue but the chances of getting knocked off it are way high. I got knocked off the barbecue my first time doing that and I hate fractals so much I stopped doing my precursor journey and am just saving for one. To be fair I did that fractal many months ago before HoT was released so…

Posted by: sarasvatri.6871

sarasvatri.6871

Reading the forums and not losing faith in humanity.

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Zhaitan fight was just very disappointing, and to this day the instance for it is just super buggy and horrible for me. And since they nerfed it so hard they took any hint of a challenge out of it, I just…. don’t like it at all. I don’t mind -how- we kill him in the end, just, the entire set up for it could have been better. More epic, less annoying sitting around and waiting.

I am starting to get the vibe maybe Arah was meant to be another playable area for people at first but they just ran out of time, plus the fact you have area’s like zhaitan a tower and such in that instance that you cannot access. Plus zhaitan himself seemed so small to be a dragon that, when awoken brought up the entire nation of Orr from the depths of the ocean. At least the mordremoth fight set up a good template for how to do future dragon fights.

Back on topic, worst fight for me is probably lupi, or even just the dang inquest in Arah’s second path. All the dang stuns and those risen deadeyes….

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

worst fight for me is probably lupi, or even just the dang inquest in Arah’s second path. All the dang stuns and those risen deadeyes….

I know its an opinion, but I’m curious why exactly you think lupi is the worst fight?
It has pretty much everything that makes a boss fun and challenging imo, only downside to it is the high amount of bugs.
Also if you actually know the mechanics of deadeyes they are the easiest thing in the game, since they pretty much only do 1 attack (and a kick that barely does any damage).

Back on topic : smokescales

RoseofGilead.8907

I know its an opinion, but I’m curious why exactly you think lupi is the worst fight?
It has pretty much everything that makes a boss fun and challenging imo, only downside to it is the high amount of bugs.

I agree. If only we could have followed Zhaitan down to the ground to fight him, finding he had some of the same mechanics as Lupi. That’d be more fun than pew pewing on the cannons.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

For me it’s the Fire Elemental world boss.

Stand in one spot, and pew until it’s dead…. it’s incredibly boring.

~EW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

When a new build comes up, and says it’ll restart in 3 minutes…. except it does so immediately.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Most annoying fight for me is the golem mk 2 in mount maelstrom. Those insta-kill Lightning fields are the worst feature of any world boss in my opinion and then I have to run back from the waypoint, usually at least 3 times per fight for me. That is the fight that makes me understand why a lot of people just lay dead on bosses rather than using a nearby waypoint.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Zhaitan. Press 2 to shoot fireworks.

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Moa birds.

No matter what you tell them, they will never forgive you for accidentally hitting them and will fight you to the bitter end, even when it ultimately means their own death.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Most annoying fight for me is the golem mk 2 in mount maelstrom. Those insta-kill Lightning fields are the worst feature of any world boss in my opinion and then I have to run back from the waypoint, usually at least 3 times per fight for me. That is the fight that makes me understand why a lot of people just lay dead on bosses rather than using a nearby waypoint.

Not quite instakill, but close. You have to be really attentive to where they spawn and dodgeroll right away.

Axemaster, that kitten is immediate, no dodge, just dead. …Who thought that was a good idea?

Moa birds.

No matter what you tell them, they will never forgive you for accidentally hitting them and will fight you to the bitter end, even when it ultimately means their own death.

SQWAAAAAK, [dazedazedaze] I can see how they’d get annoying. :P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Axemaster, that kitten is immediate, no dodge, just dead. …Who thought that was a good idea?

You are supposed to break his bar to stun him if you could dodge his attack then the entire fight would be easy mode.

RoseofGilead.8907

I especially hate how you can’t even fly within a reasonable distance of his island without getting that debuff on you.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Trying to get a straight answer from ANet about anything.

I especially hate how you can’t even fly within a reasonable distance of his island without getting that debuff on you.

Or bail out of the fight when you first stumble on to him alone to get insta killed when you are no where near him.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

worst fight for me is probably lupi, or even just the dang inquest in Arah’s second path. All the dang stuns and those risen deadeyes….

Also if you actually know the mechanics of deadeyes they are the easiest thing in the game, since they pretty much only do 1 attack (and a kick that barely does any damage).

Back on topic : smokescales

Oh no, as a boss fight I will agree lupi is great and I get a great amount of satisfaction when I beat him. When i read worst fight I took it as the one you have most trouble with. When me and my buddy duo him (and I’d say he does most of the work as he regularly solos him every day) and he focuses me down for 2-3 minutes straight until I’m out of defensive resources.

And yeah deadeyes aren’t that big of a problem, it’s just when they are paired with inquest or the risen….can’t remeber it name but it plants a banner and makes a guardian bubble.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: David.5693

David.5693

Running wisps in swamp fractals in 30 secs at higher levels. Just freaking shoot me.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The Migraine achievement. ;/ Too much damage sponge.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Fighting germans? I am pretty sure you just marked this thread for closing due to demonizing a specific nationality

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

Mordremoth boss fight is not that bad, but the mechanic can be very frustrating to repeat over and over again due to resets from beginning. That’s the reason I won’t try to get that amulet XD.

I’d vote for Zhaitan. You need a group and I bet it’s hard to get a group nowadays. The whole instance takes a long time. The mini bosses are ok, but the final boss fight is like sitting on a turret and watch a movie. I guess the fact it’s a group fight as a story boss is just not good. I can’t do it with all my chars.

RoseofGilead.8907

I’d vote for Zhaitan. You need a group and I bet it’s hard to get a group nowadays. The whole instance takes a long time. The mini bosses are ok, but the final boss fight is like sitting on a turret and watch a movie. I guess the fact it’s a group fight as a story boss is just not good. I can’t do it with all my chars.

It’s soloable now. You can go alone or with up to four other people. It’s still long and a bit unsatisfying, though. :\

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

It’s soloable now. You can go alone or with up to four other people. It’s still long and a bit unsatisfying, though. :\

Oh nice! I will take it back then. I’d be happy Thanks for the info~

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Asking the devs to comunicate officially through this forum instead of unofficialy through reddit.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Better best answer. That actually was my worst fight but I deleted my long blurb about it because it’s Zhaitan. No one wants to talk about it.

Actually, the end fight of HoT story is worse. It’s like they listened to comments about Zhaitan, and decided to do everything the opposite, no matter whether it was good or bad. Arah story is long, boring, not challenging (the final fight is literally spamming 1 button while doing nothing else). It is also a fight against one of the most visually stunning enemies in game, in a breathtaking environment (also, flying ships, yeah, although that’s my personal like).

The oversized ape fight in HoT is overtuned on difficulty in the other direction, and not in a good way – up to the point where challenge turns into plain annoyance. The fight takes place in a very small area, and, to make things worse, the boss itself is really lame. It’s basically a reskin of a Mouth of Zhaitan. For the whole fight i was hoping that this was some kind of a joke, and the real boss will show up anytime now. God mightily disappointed, of course.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Mordremoth. Hands down for me, this is the worst fight.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.