What is the worst fight in this game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Forum bug is apparently the second worst fight, even the devs can’t beat it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Fractals: The molten firestorm. He just flies around avoiding all dmg and not really doing any. Feels like a straight timegate with the amount of flying around he does. Mossman gets an honourable mention.

Story: The kitten pale tree that stands there doing nothing but autoattacking and every autoattack is an interrupt on a 1s cast or so. Lazy, terrible and boring design. Canach gets an honourable mention for never working properly.

Open world: Probably mordremoth right now given that he either bugs out and doesn’t appear or bugs out and doesn’t die correctly most of the time.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The oversized ape fight in HoT is overtuned on difficulty in the other direction, and not in a good way – up to the point where challenge turns into plain annoyance. The fight takes place in a very small area, and, to make things worse, the boss itself is really lame. It’s basically a reskin of a Mouth of Zhaitan. For the whole fight i was hoping that this was some kind of a joke, and the real boss will show up anytime now. God mightily disappointed, of course.

How is it overtuned on difficulty? Other than bugs, I see no issues with it.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

Skelks and Kraits.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’m reading some of these and I’m just… wat.

The Blighted Pale Tree fight was one of the best fights – downright best in all of HoT story instances for me. Visually and mechanically. Mordremoth in Hearts and Minds never bugged for me and his attacks are far from insta-kill (if any of his attacks instakill you, consider raising your vitality and toughness, cuz I’ve never been hit by such an attack without the extreme mote). Subject Alpha’s one of the best designed dungeon fights before Molten Facility/Aetherpath.

How people think those are bad fights is beyond me… They’re the best fights.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m reading some of these and I’m just… wat.

The Blighted Pale Tree fight was one of the best fights – downright best in all of HoT story instances for me. Visually and mechanically. Mordremoth in Hearts and Minds never bugged for me and his attacks are far from insta-kill (if any of his attacks instakill you, consider raising your vitality and toughness, cuz I’ve never been hit by such an attack without the extreme mote). Subject Alpha’s one of the best designed dungeon fights before Molten Facility/Aetherpath.

How people think those are bad fights is beyond me… They’re the best fights.

The insta-kill part of Mordremoth is the death field that you need to glide to avoid. Technically not insta-kill I guess, it takes like 3-4 hits to kill you, but you have very little leeway for messing up since the hits are fast and there’s obviously no safe spot on the ground. In general, if you hit the ground and you aren’t right next to an updraft you’re going to die. And particularly in the latter sections when he starts throwing rocks, if you get hit by a rock you’re going to hit the ground, and then you’ll die, so in essence the rocks are insta-kill. Get hit by one, and you’re almost certainly dead.