What is there left to do?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

I’ve been playing Guildwars 2 for a little of a year now.

I have 10 level 80 characters. Level 44 fractals. Ranked 500+ in WvW. And a Doylak in PvP. 10k+ Achievement Points. 28 different titles.

I feel like I’ve done just about everything you can in the game.

Is there anything left to do? I get that there’s a few new Hearts and the new collectors achievemnets. But realistically, AP farming isn’t something that can hold my attention anymore.

Currently, I only log in to do dailies and run inventive contests for my guild.

No negative comments about how horrible GW2 is. I have a ton of gripes with the game, but I believe there are 1000 things more positive than negative with GW2. And want to focus on the good, while i still can.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If you’re not interested in the WvW tournament, then there’s nothing new till Halloween and the new living story, which many theorize will continue the unveiling of the new zone.

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

Just play something else for now, and come back with the next content update.

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

I guess…

Halloween wasn’t really fun last year. I doubt it’ll entertain me for long.

ArcheAge is going live tomorrow, maybe I’ll give that a shot.

Come back in November for the LWS.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

“I feel like I’ve done just about everything you can in the game.”

I don’t want to sound rude, but do something else with your time? There’s plenty of other hobbies you can do while waiting for content updates.

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

That game might be a mess for a few months. I’ve heard that the headstart was…. bad.

AA might come off with a rocky start.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I enjoy sPVP, WvW roaming, world completion, and filling collections…so that’s what I do.

I also enjoy Borderlands 2, Skyrim, and will try my hand at Destiny in a few weeks.

Do what you like. However, since you seem to be in a position of import for your guild, let your guildies know if you are taking a break and establish a system to keep the fun going after you take a breather.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

That game might be a mess for a few months. I’ve heard that the headstart was…. bad.

AA might come off with a rocky start.

I thought it would be a good alternative to GW2 as well, but seeing the feedback after the beta, I don’t think it’ll do as well as people had initially anticipated.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

I thought it would be a good alternative to GW2 as well, but seeing the feedback after the beta, I don’t think it’ll do as well as people had initially anticipated.

I heard that the game was awesome in alpha, and that it’s been ruined ever since by horrible development decisions.

I’m still hoping that the game will be fun at least in some ways. But, I don’t particularly have hopes that it will be a rival to what Guild Wars 2 was. With a rocky headstart and a bunch of unpopular design decisions, ArcheAge is going to have a lot of difficulty getting off the ground. There’s also the whole server population and land issue, which I heard was really bad on the EU servers. I can understand why they haven’t resolved that issue, though. For a game like AA, merging servers is going to be much more difficult than creating new servers. So, they don’t want to make more servers and then have the population be spread too thin.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Here’s what I’m currently working on:

1. Getting map completion on my 5 mains.

2. Completing the Personal Story on my 5 mains.

3. Completing all paths of all the dungeons on my 5 mains.

4. Climbing the AP ladder. (Mainly to complete the Radiant and Hellfire armor skins.)

5. Collecting various weapon and armor sets. (Better incentive now with the dungeon collections!)

6. Slowly getting to r80 in PvP. (Doing this as part of the Dailies.)

7. Slowly getting enough WvW ranks to learn all WvW traits. (Doing this as part of the Dailies.)

8. Getting to level 40+ in Fractals.

9. Crafting full Ascended gear for my 5 mains. (A very expensive process.)

10. Crafting various skins to get the exact look I want on my mains.

Posted by: Furyan.9578

Furyan.9578

It is OK to take a break and play something else. If you’re feeling you’ve done everything you can I would recommend going off and doing something else, come back later. I remember getting burnt out with the game – considerably early on in comparison to when I felt I burnt out with Guild Wars – where I would only log in for dailies, or to get a crystal a day for my celestial gear. I ended up going off and playing other things. I always boomerang back at some point, do some more and go elsewhere for a bit. Even Arenanet would say go do something else.

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

I’ve been playing Guildwars 2 for a little of a year now.

I have 10 level 80 characters. Level 44 fractals. Ranked 500+ in WvW. And a Doylak in PvP. 10k+ Achievement Points. 28 different titles.

Is there anything left to do? I get that there’s a few new Hearts and the new collectors achievemnets. But realistically, AP farming isn’t something that can hold my attention anymore.

Currently, I only log in to do dailies and run inventive contests for my guild.

No negative comments about how horrible GW2 is. I have a ton of gripes with the game, but I believe there are 1000 things more positive than negative with GW2. And want to focus on the good, while i still can.

• You can try doing dungeons in duo or trio, if you have friends for it, they will go smoothly and are very entertaining that way.
  • Sunset cove survivor, i spent 1 month that way when it was released, now is rotated but its good for the days its on.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

You have reached the point I reach every so often. While I haven’t done half the things you list, I have done all I care to do when I finally decide to take a LONG break. I played the first 6 months, then took a 6 month break. I played for 2-3 months upon returning, then took an 8 month break. I’ve been back around 2 months now and I am reaching a break away point once again.

Games do have their limitations and interest points. Once you have reached yours take a break, explore other things, return later when you feel you may find interest renewed.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Do what I did. Delete all your characters. Vendor anything non-account bound. Delete anything account bound. Send your gold to a WvW commander. Quit the game. Start playing it again. There will be endless things for you to do. Just getting a character to 80 with ascended will take you a very long time. Everything got alot harder.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Do what I did. Delete all your characters. Vendor anything non-account bound. Delete anything account bound. Send your gold to a WvW commander. Quit the game. Start playing it again. There will be endless things for you to do. Just getting a character to 80 with ascended will take you a very long time. Everything got alot harder.

Oh man, you are Arenanet’s dream customer.. haha