What is this "No Connection to Guild Server"?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I don’t know, what this is, but I recognize it since the first Quarter Year Patch, that this message pops up every now and then now in the Chat that tells me, that the game couldn’t successfully make a connection to some kind of “Guild Server”

Could please anyone here who knows, what this is explain it to me?
Or maybe best a Dev from ANe,t who iss responsible for this new Chat Message that constantly gets told to us like every 5-10 seconds ???

Is there any way to deactivate this spammy message? It is really annoying.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s a bug that been popping up for some people for a few months. If it continues, you might contact support, and you might add that quote and the thread it came from (click on Gaile’s name to pull up the thread).

I have been experiencing this, as well.

First, can you tell us if your guild looks fine? And if chat actually works, even with the message you’re getting?

Second, if you’re actually having issues (and not a false message), would you guys be willing to provide the guild name, guild tag, and server? One of our team members has been working a lot of hours on this case (thank you, Glen!) but he’s willing to look into some guild issues if he has information and as time allows. (Note, this will not be an instant fix because in some cases it requires manual intervention, so please be patient. Thanks! )

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m not even in a guild and I occasionally get the “cannot connect to guild server” message. Its only happened maybe 3 times, but still.