What is this thing?

What is this thing?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Avy.4560

Avy.4560

Q:

I started playing GW2 about a month and a half ago. For the last few weeks, I’ve been seeing this humanoid creature appear around me every day several times. When I asked my boyfriend, who has been playing for MUCH longer than me, he says he’s never seen it before. Does anyone know what this thing is?

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/alanavaughn/EnergyHumanoid_zpsoywllqve.png?t=1490473878

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/alanavaughn/EnergyHumanoid2_zpskiugttko.png?t=1490473880

Attachments:

What is this thing?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

A:

What is this thing?

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Try talking to it.

What is this thing?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It’s related to the Current Events which tie into Season 3 and the fallout from HoT

What is this thing?

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I know what its supposed to be but tbh it still looks like the lingering soul of someone AFK queueing on Desert Borderlands.

Just hang your head and sigh.

What is this thing?

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Has anyone tried using a rift stabilizer on the thing when it pops up? So far I haven’t been quick enough with my mouse to equip it and use the skill before it disappears

What is this thing?

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

Has anyone tried using a rift stabilizer on the thing when it pops up? So far I haven’t been quick enough with my mouse to equip it and use the skill before it disappears

That’s a good idea. I already cured myself so I don’t see it anymore, or I would see what happens when you use the stabilizer.

What is this thing?

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

Does anyone know what this thing is?

There’s no lore to support it, but for me that is the ghostly afterimage of every anet employee who were proud of what they’d made and then made the mistake of looking at player comments on this forum after a release. The image is their reaction carried through the mists into the game.
But as I said, only a theory, there’s no evidence. Unless we can get Gaile to let something slip..

In due time, all will serve the asura.

What is this thing?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Does anyone know what this thing is?

There’s no lore to support it, but for me that is the ghostly afterimage of every anet employee who were proud of what they’d made and then made the mistake of looking at player comments on this forum after a release. The image is their reaction carried through the mists into the game.
But as I said, only a theory, there’s no evidence. Unless we can get Gaile to let something slip..

Best answer ever! I’m going to read this to my guild. lol

What is this thing?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Part of me will always think it’s Kirk.

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

What is this thing?

Posted by: Avy.4560