What is title of the PoI - Intro theme?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nekres.1038

Nekres.1038

Hey, I just wanna ask what the soundtrack of the Points Of Interest soundtrack playing at the start of some episodes when the countdown is running is called. (The newest episode for example: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/623461930)

I searched for it everywhere, but can’t find it. :/ I am assuming it is from Heart Of Thorns and therefore not yet puplished on the arenanet soundcloud, if I am wrong, can someone name it? I am very curious.

Thanks!

~Andy

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

It’s a pastiche on the Tyrian Overture, made to sound a bit like the old National Geographic theme.

Nekres.1038

Ah no not the normal episodes of PoI I mean the special HoT one with the jungle themed soundtrack at the start. Look up the archieved episode I linked above. (I know the Tyrian Overture too well)

Nekres.1038

bump . I need to know.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Video uploader notes:

Note: Contains minor editing. Also this ISN’T THE OFFICIAL TITLE. There isn’t one yet.

So during the Expansion Reveal Livestream, they previewed a song that sounded like Jungle Ambience. They again played this song before the Points of Interest Livestream, but they only played the remaining four minutes.

Brilliantly composed by Maclaine Diemer.

With minor editing to combine the two parts of the song, I present to you the FULL version of the Ambience of Maguuma track.

The Guild Wars 2 Theme Reprise at the end of the track was just…too beautiful. Maclaine Diemer, you’ve outdone yourself with this fantastic track. I can’t wait to hear the finished version played by a live orchestra! (Maclaine said that this is just a demo version and that the piece still needs work, so these are all sampled instruments.)

My guess is this will (obviously) play in the new maps located in the Heart of Maguuma. But, I also believe this will be added to the rotation of songs heard during Character Selection/Creation.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

aha so that’s the nice song i heard friday.

Call to Anet: Either add soundtrack to Collector’s edition including this song, or put a seperate physical one on sale, (and not just in NA but truly in EU). Seeing how the last one is hard you should keep fans close by just adding it to CE box imo.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.