I don't like the recently released back items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aeranima.2853

Aeranima.2853

I want my black wings. Give me 1 black wing. I don’t want a flower. I don’t want a dream catcher. I want something bad-kitten .

Xifix | Thief

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

Well I think they’re cool.

Attachments:

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

While we’re throwing out suggestions, I’d like a cloak made of human skin. Preferably with faces sewn in.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I want my black wings. Give me 1 black wing. I don’t want a flower. I don’t want a dream catcher. I want something bad-kitten .

And I find black wings ugly while flowers are pretty.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Let me guess. You wear T3 Cultural Armor and wield Twilight and the “Golden” title. I’m sure they’ll make some sort of black, sparkly wing skin in the future that’ll cost your commander ability, 1,000g, and one of each gift.

Don’t worry. It’s coming in the next patch.

On topic, I like the back skins they’ve added recently. The flower is cool, the wings are neat (sort of), and the catcher skins have very cool effects.

(edited by TehPwnerer.7215)

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

It just occured to me from these posts there arent any cloaks, are ther? They should make some accessible cloak/cape back items.

I use the flower currently. Id use the shatter wings, but I have no disposable back item to put it on. The Karka back sucks though…since I dont have a coral reef Venom character that looks well with it.

Posted by: Atheismo.5164

Atheismo.5164

And I find black wings ugly while flowers are pretty.

And while you are entitled to your own opinion, as is the OP, you have to admit that the vast majority of back pieces already fit into the realm of what you think of as pretty. What’s so wrong about him wanting a couple pieces that would look at home on say, a Necromancer?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

You have bad taste in back items? One person ugly is another beautiful. The new items are nice so far i not found one back item they added in that looked “bad.”

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

You have bad taste in back items? One person ugly is another beautiful. The new items are nice so far i not found one back item they added in that looked “bad.”

Olny flower so far was decent, but still its doesnt fit my main. Yep i am a bad black-red charr wielding twilight.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Olny flower so far was decent, but still its doesnt fit my main. Yep i am a bad black-red charr wielding twilight.

See to me black black – red spam is very boring and some what “ugly” in my view. But you could if your using very metal looking armor you can get a jet pack or even the fractal back item (if full upgraded) it should look ok with that “I only using black looking items” point of view.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I don’t think they’re ugly, but I don’t think any of them are suitable replacements for capes.

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

The wind catcher kittening rules…. It gives you a wind aura! :O

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

black black red black red black red so bad kitten .

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

I want a back piece that looks like my character. Like a full-sized mannequin strapped to his back. Only it keeps its knees tucked up against its chest, until I press the S button to back up, when it drops its legs and the main guy on the front pulls his legs up, and all animations shift over to the back piece.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I want one that looks good on a Charr. Not a single armor or backpiece that has been added to the game since launch has been made with charr in mind. Sad.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

How many back items do we need, honestly kinda have a bank tab full of them..

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

They kinda make me think of a target hitched to someone’s back.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I like the look of the catcher skins but wish they were actual backpieces that could be made ascended like the sclerite karka backpiece. It would have been a good way to widen the methods of obtaining ascended backs.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Doesn’t it seem to you all kittened to wear books, holographic chicken wings/backpack, flower, tentancles, dream catchers? It does for me.

If anything should be worn beside rucksack, it should be cape or cloak!
ArenaNet give us these weird, unlogical things only because they are lazy to finally develop system which would fix clipping issues on all items. Why would anyone want to wear a flower? Does it smell good, or it gives you Bee Worker’s Aura? Why would anyone want to wear wings when they don’t allow you to fly?
I and probably majority of players want cloaks! A piece of clothing which helps keeping you warm and dry. Shown in every great fantasy novel like LOTR or The Name of The Wind. Fantasy heroes without capes are just not complete. Every traveler needs one

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

How would cloaks look like on charr, anyway?

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

How would cloaks look like on charr, anyway?

Like my earlier desire:

While we’re throwing out suggestions, I’d like a cloak made of human skin. Preferably with faces sewn in.

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I want one that looks good on a Charr. Not a single armor or backpiece that has been added to the game since launch has been made with charr in mind. Sad.

I beg to differ with my charr cultural on my charr warrior with the Endless Quiver and Kudzu.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

1. Batpack

Edit: Other backpack removed because someone didn’t have a sense of humor.

Attachments:

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Doesn’t it seem to you all kittened to wear books, holographic chicken wings/backpack, flower, tentancles, dream catchers? It does for me.

ArenaNet give us these weird, unlogical things only because they are lazy to finally develop system which would fix clipping issues on all items. Why would anyone want to wear a flower? Does it smell good, or it gives you Bee Worker’s Aura? Why would anyone want to wear wings when they don’t allow you to fly?
I and probably majority of players want cloaks! A piece of clothing which helps keeping you warm and dry. Shown in every great fantasy novel like LOTR or The Name of The Wind. Fantasy heroes without capes are just not complete. Every traveler needs one

You have no idea how easy it would be for them to fix every clipping issue. The PROBLEM isn’t fixing it. It’s the fact that extra “collision” geometry packets would have to be sent to and from the client/server, thereby potentially doubling the lag situation.
I work as a freelance character artist on top of my day job, and my first Indy title I worked on went through the same situation. Character and environment art is all about packet reduction, borrowing and re-using textures. Adding collision to each piece of geometry adds essentially another layer of complexity that the server needs to retrieve. Not only would it cause lag, but it would also decrease the already sub-optimized performance of the game.

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

You have no idea how easy it would be for them to fix every clipping issue. The PROBLEM isn’t fixing it. It’s the fact that extra “collision” geometry packets would have to be sent to and from the client/server, thereby potentially doubling the lag situation.
I work as a freelance character artist on top of my day job, and my first Indy title I worked on went through the same situation. Character and environment art is all about packet reduction, borrowing and re-using textures. Adding collision to each piece of geometry adds essentially another layer of complexity that the server needs to retrieve. Not only would it cause lag, but it would also decrease the already sub-optimized performance of the game.

Sending cloak positioning data to the server and back makes no sense. Cloaks are completely visual enhancements, so handling them client side is a much better idea. The only info the server would have to send is “that character is wearing a blue cloak”, which is the same as with any items.

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

If you think your Black charr isn’t good with any backpack skin, Just don’t show Backpack and – in your opinioni – your charr will look better than ours

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

You are in luck- the back item for the next update is a red flower :P

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

This is the only backpack we need in game.

/Thread.

Attachments:

(edited by TehPwnerer.7215)

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

I still really want Anet to add capes into the game. I honestly don’t feel like I’m playing a Guild Wars game if it doesn’t have capes. In Guild Wars 1, capes were really important and they pretty much showed how good your guild was in certain aspects of the game. I’m still disappointed that GW2 doesn’t have capes and I think it would be a welcome addition now. I’m sure Guild Wars 1 players are with me and they want capes as much as I do, but I can’t speak for people that haven’t played GW1.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Aequitas.6402

Aequitas.6402

In Guild Wars 1, capes were really important and they pretty much showed how good your guild was in certain aspects of the game.

How so? I’m genuinely curious, it’s been a while since I’ve played GW1 and when I did I never really bothered with guilds, so I’d like to know. Last I remembered they were purely cosmetic. Were there specific skins or cape shapes that you could unlock for your guild?

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

In Guild Wars 1, capes were really important and they pretty much showed how good your guild was in certain aspects of the game.

How so? I’m genuinely curious, it’s been a while since I’ve played GW1 and when I did I never really bothered with guilds, so I’d like to know. Last I remembered they were purely cosmetic. Were there specific skins or cape shapes that you could unlock for your guild?

There was bronze/silver/gold trim around the cape, I believe. There were also certain shapes of the cape that were unlocked at certain events that guild leaders attended. As far as colors go, I’m not sure if you could unlock colors for your cape.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Aequitas.6402

Aequitas.6402

Ah, ok, that sounds kinda cool actually.
I was honestly a bit disappointed that ANet didn’t implement GW1’s guild cape system.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I don’t like em either. Which is why I sold the ones I got from Sprint. I like free gold. Thank you.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)