What is with Ascended Gear?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheAmpca.1753

TheAmpca.1753

Personally I find it really annoying to be building up my char on exotics and stuff and having to change my build when I want to upgrade to ascended fear since they have different stat sets. Why??

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

dont worry for 6+ months of grinding you can get a legendary helmet that will be able to change stats to whatever you want..

Oh and +6 months of grinding for every other piece of armor

Or you could get the upcoming ascended weapons and armor for 1+ month of grinding “each” but those wont let you change stats! … welcomes to GWgringfest 2.0 coming to drive people Grind crazy soon!

(edited by VidGhost.3215)

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

If it annoys you, don’t do it.

Ever thought of getting the ascended with the same stat as your exotic? Considering thakittens actually harder to get some Exotic prefix compared to the Ascended ones, i dont see the problem.

Posted by: TheAmpca.1753

TheAmpca.1753

Ever thought of getting the ascended with the same stat as your exotic? Considering thakittens actually harder to get some Exotic prefix compared to the Ascended ones, i dont see the problem.

I had a build with exotics pow/vit/crit that stat combo doesn’t exist on ascended geat

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

dont worry for 6+ months of grinding you can get a legendary helmet that will be able to change stats to whatever you want..

Oh and +6 months of grinding for every other piece of armor

Or you could get the upcoming ascended weapons and armor for 1+ month of grinding “each” but those wont let you change stats! … welcomes to GWgringfest 2.0 coming to drive people Grind crazy soon!

Working for something = grinding?
How would you like the game to be? A.Net releases a new Set of non-gemstore Weaponskins!! Wush you got a new ingame mail “Here is your complete set of the new set! have fun with it”

Is this how you want the game to be? Why is working towards something considered to be grinding?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I had a build with exotics pow/vit/crit that stat combo doesn’t exist on ascended geat

Here’s a question… How do you know it doesn’t exist on Ascended? The trinkets, maybe. But have you stopped to consider they may add more trinkets? Plus, they haven’t released the weapons or armor yet, so how do you know your build won’t work? Wait and see what comes, don’t jump to conclusions.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Orion the Cursed.1206

Haha, that+its = censor,

You can go for the Berserker+Valkyrie. Did you really change your build just for that?

1. the difference between ascended and exotic trinkets aren’t that high

2. the Berserker+Valkyrie. ascended will give you more power and crit in exchange for trading some vit for precep.

Posted by: ocfallwind.4821

ocfallwind.4821

I’m just concerned about the dungeon armor sets. Will they practically become “skins” after ascended armor is out? Or will we get a way to upgrade them into ascended.

Orion the Cursed.1206

I’m just concerned about the dungeon armor sets. Will they practically become “skins” after ascended armor is out? Or will we get a way to upgrade them into ascended.

Probably skins. If you want to retain them, just transmute the look into ascended armor stats.

No different from the cultural armor now.

if they just upgrade them, who is going to work towards Ascended gear. Ascended gear should also take longer to acquire compared to exotics.

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As there is a dedicated thread for this subject here, this one is now closed to avoid duplicates.

Thank you for your understanding.