What is with this gay bull?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

Q:

So I was exploring Seraph’s Landing and found these two bulls chilling in their home. What struck me as strange is that there is not a single cow in this entire village. Now, I’m not exactly a farming expert, but from what I know, bulls without cows aren’t of much particular use in an agricultural sense beyond their magical transformation into beef. It’s possible they could be stud bulls, but I don’t recall seeing cows anywhere in the Harathi Hinterlands.

What also struck me as interesting is that there are bales of hay all over the place in Seraph’s Landing. This is interesting because listening to the ambient dialogue makes it clear that the people of Seraph’s Landing are low on food, yet they’ve gone out of their way to ensure that two large animals, who provide absolutely nothing of value to the people of Seraph’s Landing, are well fed.

It is apparent that the people of Seraph’s Landing love their gay bulls, and I would like to openly thank the developers for their representation of such a positive, inclusive community for gay livestock. It’s the little actions like this that ensure we will move into a happier, more harmonious future.

I couldn’t turn up much lore on The Bulls of Seraph’s Landing, but I was wondering if we could learn some more backstory about how this happy couple came to arrive in Seraph’s Landing, and how the town came to forge such a strong bond with them.

Attachments:

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

A:

So I was exploring Seraph’s Landing and found these two bulls chilling in their home. What struck me as strange is that there is not a single cow in this entire village. Now, I’m not exactly a farming expert, but from what I know, bulls without cows aren’t of much particular use in an agricultural sense beyond their magical transformation into beef. It’s possible they could be stud bulls, but I don’t recall seeing cows anywhere in the Harathi Hinterlands.

Now I just happen to have the farming expertise that you lack.

There was an interesting case many years ago where a stock breeder advertised a stud bull for sale in a newspaper. He provided a picture to go with the ad. When the ad was published, he saw to his shock that some city-boy photo editor had airbrushed out the, um, dangly bits lest some reader be offended. The breeder sued the paper and won, given that any actual farmer looking at that altered pic would conclude that the animal was not fit for the advertised purpose.

Looking at the image you provided, my expert eye immediately notices something missing. Take a close look between the hind legs of that “bull” on the right. Or even a far look. What’s missing should be quite notably present on any bull in breeding condition.

Yep. Them h’ain’t bulls, Jethro. Them’s oxen!

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

That definitely cheered me up this morning. Hilarious.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I wonder if this bai-..er thread will be locked.

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

I came here ready to argue left pleasantly surprised thank OP for the laughs.

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

If you haven’t noticed yet, this game is pro same-sex romance. I won’t mention names but I’m sure you won’t miss it if you have played through the game.

Someone didn’t understand the post (or didn’t read), it was meant to be a joke.

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: MorganLeFay.5816

MorganLeFay.5816

Strong bulls are still used to plough the land sais the agricultural expert:"D (usually in group of 2 at plough)
PS: failed at the joke too:(

(edited by MorganLeFay.5816)

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

that´s the lightheartedness that would become both sides of this whole issue

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

The lovey bull is looking at the chicken though. Cheating on his buddy maybe?

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Yeah. I was thinking they’d been bullockised but the chicken caught my eye.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

I’m pretty sure that one of them was a cow before Lion’s Arch has been rebuilt.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I’m pretty sure that one of them was a cow before Lion’s Arch has been rebuilt.

OMG I think I just split a seam laughing at this

Maybe it is a Papal Bull. We know those religious heirarchy types have all sorts of odd tastes…

(yes, I know I am twisting the term of Papal Bull :p )

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

kitten you OP, for making this a Q&A thread. Now I can’t +1 you.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.